Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Definitely no prep time, so hopefully your jaunt through the warp creates a big distraction!

We will be on at 6, barring some big delay at work or when I stop at the store on my way home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Might be a little late. No more than 20 minutes.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Just checking to see who is all still available for tomorrow, about 6:00 CST. I should have time tonight to do ACTUAL PREP WORK! So it won't be as seat of the pants as it has been.

Likely going to work in space combat into this session, as a heads up(And good time eater). I hope to use that ship building program to throw some NPC ships together, since RT has a severe lack of pre statted NPC ships I find.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Do we know if our rogue trader is showing up, or should I make a rogue trader?

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

I'll be down for stuff.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

wiegieman posted:

Do we know if our rogue trader is showing up, or should I make a rogue trader?

If we don't hear from Ken today confirming his appearance, feel free to make us a Captain Kirk Captain Sisko.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Werix posted:

Just checking to see who is all still available for tomorrow, about 6:00 CST. I should have time tonight to do ACTUAL PREP WORK! So it won't be as seat of the pants as it has been.

Likely going to work in space combat into this session, as a heads up(And good time eater). I hope to use that ship building program to throw some NPC ships together, since RT has a severe lack of pre statted NPC ships I find.
I'm directly in the path of the latest loving hurricane, and while I don't think I'll be evacuating tomorrow, (the thing is projected to hit my area on Saturday) I might be busy with frantic prep work? I'll be there if I can, though!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

JT Jag posted:

I'm directly in the path of the latest loving hurricane, and while I don't think I'll be evacuating tomorrow, (the thing is projected to hit my area on Saturday) I might be busy with frantic prep work? I'll be there if I can, though!

Oh poo poo that's right. I went to law school where you're at, and I'm seeing law school friends going crazy doing prep on Facebook. Without you, (and assuming Ken is out) that would leave me with 3 players, since chins up dropped last month.

While I could run the game with just three folks, is everyone okay with moving the game to next Wednesday the 13th? I'd feel kinda bad playing the game knowing that JT Jag is stuck in the hellhole of Florida while it is even worse than usual.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Sure, go ahead and move it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I'm fine with the 13th.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Alright, we'll go ahead next Wednesday the 13th.

Stay safe there in Florida JT Jag.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Hey JT, my peeps from law school said Jacksonville got flooded really bad by Irma. Let me know if you'll be able to play Wednesday or will be doing clean-up/no power.

If you can't, then I'll likely just push the game to next month.

Wiegieman, feel free to make your rogue trader.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

Werix posted:

Hey JT, my peeps from law school said Jacksonville got flooded really bad by Irma. Let me know if you'll be able to play Wednesday or will be doing clean-up/no power.

If you can't, then I'll likely just push the game to next month.

Wiegieman, feel free to make your rogue trader.
I'm still evacuated but in town, when I get a look at my house (probably tomorrow) I'll update you guys.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Sounds good. Just keep us in the loop and stay safe.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

My house has, fortunately, avoided pretty much any damage! So I'm good for tomorrow.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

good to hear. Guess I'll have to do all the prep work tonight I neglected to do last week!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Oh, We'll start tomorrow at 7CST. I have been super neglecting yard work, so I need to get some of that done after work.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Tacito was SECRETLY THE ROGUE TRADER THE WHOLE TIME!

pre:
Name: Tacito Coronada
Career: Rogue Trader
Origin Path:
 Noble Born
 Born to Lead (200xp)
 Crusade - Call to War (150xp)
 Dark Voyage
 Renown
 A Powerful Legacy (350xp)

Characteristics   
   total  = base + rolled + origin + advances    
 WS  :   50   =   25 + 15     + 10
 BS  :   43   =   25 + 13 + 5
 S   : 37(57) =   25 + 12
 T   :   34   =   25 + 12 - 3
 AG  :   39   =   25 + 14
 INT :   38   =   25 + 13
 PER :   38   =   25 + 13
 WP  :   33   =   25 + 13 - 5
 FEL :   62   =   25 + 19 + 8 + 10

Insanity: 5
 Corruption: 0
 Wounds: 8
 Fate: 2
 Initiative: 1d10+3

Skills:
 Literacy (Int) +20, Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic) (Int) +10
 Command (Fel) +10, Scholastic Lore (Astromancy, Tactica Imperialis) (Int),
 Commerce (Fel), Charm (Fel), Common Lore (Imperium) (Int), Evaluate (Int),

Talents:
 Peer (Nobility, Military)
 Talented (Command, Intimidate, Charm, Parry)
 Hatred (Chaos)
 Resistance (Fear)
 Air of Authority
 Melee Weapon Training (Universal), Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)

Abilities/Traits:
 Etiquette : +10 to Interaction Skill Tests when dealing with high authority and in formal settings.
 Exceptional Leader: As a free action once per round, the Rogue Trader may grant an ally that he can see and who can hear him +10% to any one test.

Disorders/Malignancies:
 none (yet!)

Gear:
 Weapons : Common Craftsmanship Plasma Pistol, Common Craftsmanship Power Sword
 Armour : Best Craftsmanship Enforcer Light Carapace (for shipwear), CC Artificier armor (for serious work, let's be honest i'm always wearing this)
 Gear : Clothing (Best Craftsmanship), Microbead, Void Suit, Xeno Pelt Cloak

Acquisitions:
 CC Artificier Armor (+30 single -30 ex rare +0 common)

Advancements         (6200/6200):
 Stupid Starting Padding         4500
 Origin                          700
 Fel +5                          100
 WS +5                           100
 Dodge                           100
 Awareness                       100
 Fel +10                         250
 WS +10                          250
 Pilot (Spacecraft)              100

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Oh poo poo. Tomorrow is already the first Wednesday of the month already. Checking to see if everyone is still good to go for tomorrow. Looking at a later start time of 7 tomorrow since I have errands to run after work.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Let's warcrime a planet.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Reminder to self to review planetary bombardment rules during session prep tonight.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Wait why are we warcriming a planet?

Oh right a proposal I have for when we hit a planet of people who are reasonable. These guys seem scientifically minded and Adventurous in that scifi star trek way. Maybe we should try to get a big bunch of scientists and friends to dump back on that planet where the broken gate is to get them to work fixing it and also building a colony.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

We have to be sure that whoever we end up backing will Praise the Emperor and His Aspect of the Omnissiah.

Or we could just invite a crusade fleet through the gate, I'm sure the Mechanicus will stabilize it once we get it fixed on our end.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Based on what we've seen trying to conquer this sector would go extremely poorly.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Yeah, so this past weekend I was busy with Halloween things, and well, tomorrow is Halloween itself. So this is my way of saying I won't have anything prepped for Wednesday, so this month's session is pushed to Wednesday November 8th.

Everyone stay safe during the Skeleton wars!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

i used to play bass for the skeleton wars

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Okay. So work is going to have me out of town at a training this Wednesday. Tried to tell the Attorney General I have nerd games, but she didn't care.

So I am looking at Monday November 13th as the replacement time. If this does not work let me know. Given my schedule with the Thanksgiving holiday thus month, if the 13th doesn't work, we will likely have to put it off until December.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

The 13th works for me.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mondays are fine for me.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

That should work for me.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fandom is misery.

I'm going to be driving out of town on Monday. I should be at my hotel by the time the game starts, and capable of making the game, but I can't 100% guarantee it. Since it's fine with everyone else, it's fine if you go ahead.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Reminder, game is tonight. Due to a combination of potentially needing to stay late for work and having to feed myself I think we will push the start time back to 7 p.m. and go from around 7-10, if that works for everyone.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

So a little note here. I occasionally do community theater, and I just got offered a part in their up coming play.

First rehearsal is next Monday, and I won't know the full schedule until I get there. The show is end of January, so our game for the next couple of months may be impacted.

If the schedule is every Monday and Thursday we're good, if they have Wednesday as rehearsal night we'll have to move the game this month and January.

I'll let you know more next Monday.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Werix posted:

So a little note here. I occasionally do community theater, and I just got offered a part in their up coming play.

First rehearsal is next Monday, and I won't know the full schedule until I get there. The show is end of January, so our game for the next couple of months may be impacted.

If the schedule is every Monday and Thursday we're good, if they have Wednesday as rehearsal night we'll have to move the game this month and January.

I'll let you know more next Monday.

So thanks to middle school concert the first rehearsal is pushed to tomorrow night. Given that, I'm going to push this week's game to next week so I'll have some time to work on things, and to know for sure what night will work. If Wednesday is rehearsal free i will try to schedule it then, Watch this space tomorrow night for the reschedule date.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Okay, rehearsal schedule is Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, so We'll be able to do the game this Wednesday. I'll probably have zero time to prepare anything, but we can go ahead and just run this off the cuff.

Works best in this kind of "throw you into a new sector to explore" kind of game.

So this Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. for start time.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I am currently phone posting because my internet is down, hooray for Comcast I guess. We'll see if I can make the game work.

Crisis averted, it took them hours but it's back up, and hopefully won't go down again today.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2017 around 23:37

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Just sat down to eat, so we might be delayed 5-10 minutes, depending on how quickly I shovel food into my mouth.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Okay, game is still on for This Wednesday, January 3rd, 7 p.m. CST. You've arrived on Walton Prime, home of the Confederacy. Time to see how the Confederacy like you.

There is one thing I did want to broach. This is my first time running rogue trader, and running a non-pbp game in like 5 years, and I think my GM quality has made that show a bit. There is also a bit of biting off more than I can chew with deciding to make my own homebrew sector with my own factions and the like. Now it's been fun coming up with all these faction and new xenos species you'll encounter, but also daunting.

A couple sessions ago, before the session began, I did mention the potential of switching gears from this game to another 40k game, and I want to gauge interest on that. This isn't one of those, "GM doesn't want to run his campaign anymore" things. I've put a lot of work into my world building here, and want to keep going. However, as I get more and more comfortable running a non post-by-post game again, I have been wanting to run other things and would probably use this existing group, since I do not think I could manage running two different campaigns right now. So I want some input on the following proposals:

1. Keep current course, lets gently caress up/save the Artemis sector. Again, this is a totally valid option. Do not see the below other options as a cry for help. If I didn't want to run this game anymore, I'd just kill it.

2. Play Only War. Only War (OW) is an Imperial Guard focused game using the same (roughly) game system. Most OW games I have played is the GM throwing a regiment at the players and then them playing with that regiment. Where I would differ is we would spend a session either picking an existing regiment, or using the rules and the limited allotted points to make your own regiment. Artillery, line, tank, drop troop, whatever type or regiment you want. Then i'd get the game made for the following session, with whatever your regiment is being dropped in as green troops on an already established battlefield based around your regiment.

3. Play Black Crusade. Black Crusade (BC) is my favorite of the FFG rule sets, as you play as the "bad guys" (relatively) by playing as human followers of the forces of Chaos. Again, we'd spend a session probably making characters, mainly deciding on if we want to do a mixed group, only Chaos Marines, or only Human followers. As opposed to some other BC games, I wouldn't fight against the setting that FFG crafted. You'd be spending almost, if not all, of your time in the Screaming Vortex fighting other Chaos crazies or xenos. No invading the imperium and fighting against marines, no infiltrating and corrupting imperial worlds. Just fighting with other Chaos assholes and aliens over who is king rear end in a top hat.

So just think it over. We can spend time discussing it this coming Wednesday. I'll still prepare to run Rogue Trader, but if it sounds like everyone would rather switch to Only War or Black Crusade, we could through that out the window and spend this session doing the regimental/character creation stuff.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

If we were going to change systems I'd be more in favor of BC than OW, since it's always more fun to be the saturday morning cartoon villains than it is to be the heroes. That being said I'd be 100% down with sticking with RT or going with OW too, they're all good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

You know my stance on BC, which is to always play BC whenever possible. I'm also liking this game though. I find it amusing to play someone so thoroughly morally bankrupt, in the interest of not being regular bankrupt.