Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Yep, we're doing BC now.

Gorvald the Festering

The name is Death Guard humor, you see. To breed in the wound: new life springing from the old, the great cycle of Grandfather in a microcosm. But it also suggests quiet curdling, secretive suppuration, silent sepsis. That is to say, something that thrives on your indifference. And that is what I am.

But who would ignore a Plague Marine, you shriek through your mouthful of bile and blackened teeth? Why, everyone does. Ignorance is a matter of degrees. Each and every rotten Astartes is a promise. We lurk in the corners, we stride before your armies, we burn planets at your side. But you ignore the message we bear, and you do so to your own peril.You will die. We were once like you, incarnate gods, proud and beautiful. Now we are painful reminders of how far you will fall. We are the memento mori that walk like men. "Remember, O warlord," we whisper into your ears with breath like an open grave, "thou'rt mortal." And you all turn your heads away and pretend we were talking to someone else.

Even if you attain the Princedom you crave, you are not immortal. For one thing, as with ignorance, so too are life and immortality a matter of degrees. Can one be said to be truly immortal when your present self remains the plaything of an incomprehensible and unsympathetic being? Ascend all you like, but remember that you have the rest of time to offend your master and be cast into a hell far worse than any that await you now. Do you fancy powering the chosen weapon of the next fool to walk your path? You who raise your mighty daemon blades to the heavens: consider those swords, which were once as handsome and tall as you.

And let us assume, for the sake of argument, that you are indeed as perfect as you delude yourself to be. You will never fail your master, not now and certainly not once you have ascended. But you are still not immortal. The Warp is timeless. The galaxy is not. All life will die eventually, likely at our very hands. Restraint is not in our nature. Now, O prospective eternal Prince, ask yourself: what is a daemon but an emotion eater, a psychic predator? What is it but a vile leech that suckles on the heart of man? When all sentient life has at last been devoured by the greedy maw of entropy, there will be nothing left for you to eat. The Gods will starve. Some Nurglites are certain that new life will spring from the corpse of our universe and the cycle will spring anew. That is wishful thinking of the highest order. Why should it all begin again? Why not once, and never again? We will all die, forever, eventually. And then nothing else will remain. Accept it. Draw power from it. There is no firmer foundation to brace against than certain doom.

So why am I the Festering? Because I am ever-patient, ever-plotting, ever-rotting. I stand a quiet vigil while others strut and preen, and by the time they are forced to acknowledge me I've already cost them a limb. Lord Abaddon has demanded my presence on this mission to unify the Screaming Vortex. Curious, to send so few on a task so large. Perhaps I should be flattered that he has such faith in us, or angered to be cast into certain death. Instead, I am amused. It has been too long since I faced a real challenge. I must hone my skills if I am to survive. You see, I am not despairing or suicidal, far from it. I intend to be there when those last stars wink out in the firmament, if only for the novelty of being the one to close the universe's eyes and nail shut the casket. In that icy dark, I intend to deliver a eulogy to man and god alike: I told you so.

pre:
Name: Gorvald the Festering
Archetype: Plague Marine
Alignment: Nurgle
Pride: Foresight
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Perfection

Characteristics:

WS:   50 (+10 +5 Motivation +5 Advance)
BS:   50 (+20)
S:    40 (+10)
T:    70 (+20 +10 Archetype +10 Advances)
Agi:  40 (+20 -10 Archetype)
Int:  50 (+20)
Per:  40 (+0 +5 Pride +5 Disgrace)
WP:   30 (+0 +5 Archetype -2 Disgrace -3 Motivation)
Fel:  22 (+0 -5 Pride -3 Motivation)

Wounds: 24 (-1 Motivation +2)
Infamy: 51 (+4 +7 Archetype +Gains)
IP: 5/5
CP: 21 (+15 Archetype)

Skills:

Athletics
Awareness +10
Common Lore (Screaming Vortex, War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Daemonology, The Horus Heresy, The Long War)
Intimidate +10
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Medicae +10
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry +10
Survival

Talents:

Ancient Warrior
Ambidextrous
Blind Fighting
Bolter Drill
Bulging Biceps
Deadeye Shot
Disturbing Voice
Exotic Weapon Training (Plague Knife, Pestilential Flail)
Fearless
Hardy
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Hip Shooting
Iron Jaw
Legion Weapon Training
Mighty Shot
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons, Psychic Powers)
Sound Constitution (x2)
True Grit
Unarmed Warrior

Traits/Mutations/Other:

Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Abominable Physiology
Hideous Resilience
Infectious Miasma

Gear:

Legion Combi-Bolter w/ Cursed Metal (~4 Mags)
GC Missile Launcher (Krak x1)
BC Plague Flail (Wrought for Purpose)
Legion Power Armour
--Devotional Iconography (Nurgle)
-Sustainable Power Source
-Auto-Senses
-Enhanced Ceramite Plating
Bolt Pistol (4 Mags)
Plague Knife
Blight Grenades x2
Eclipse Pulsator

Acquisitions:

Legion Combi-Bolter w/ Cursed Metal (-30 ER +10 Single +10 Cursed Metal)
GC Missile Launcher + 3 Krak Missiles (-10 R -10 GC +10 Single)
Eclipse Pulsator (-20 VR +10 Single)

XP/Infamy/Corruption Gained:

Barfight with Elves: +500
Elf Asteroid Invasion: +500
Kurse Kualifier: +500, +3 Infamy
Kurse Round 2: +500, +6 Infamy
Purchased: +5 Infamy
Kurse Finale: +500, +5 Infamy
Mutants, Mutants Everywhere!: +600
Tracking the Beheaders: +500, +1 CP
Have a Pet Daemon, Beheader Lady: +500, +2 Infamy, +5 CP
Mad Max: 40k Road: +500, 1 Infamy

XP Spent       7600/8200

Plague Marine-3600
Medicae-100
Medicae +10-200
Master Chirurgeon-400
Toughness +5-100
Resistance (Psychic Powers)-200
Toughness +5-250
Weapon Skill +5-250
Infamy +5-500
EWT (Pestilential Flail)-500
Mighty Shot-400
Disturbing Voice-200
True Grit-400
Survival-100
Sound Constitution-200
Sound Constitution (2)-200

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I was hoping to get the below typed before any of you posted, but oh well:

It is the end of the 41st millennium, and Chaos is ascendant. Abbadon the Despoiler, chosen Warmaster of the Chaos gods has succeeded in his 13th black crusade in destroying Cadia. Without Cadia and her pylons to hold back the Eye of Terror, the Warp is spilling out into real space unchecked, consuming worlds once thought safe and putting other at the edge of the largest tear between universes known to exist. With Cadia finally gone and the Imperium on the defensive, Abbadon has launched his final assault on humanity. While the bulk of his forces race towards Terra, other offshoots of the crusade have begun pillaging other parts of real space.

However, all is not guaranteed for the Warmaster. The fighting at Cadia was very intensive; a large amount of the Warmaster's own forces had been ground to blood and dust in the fighting, millions more died when he crashed his blackstone fortress into the world. This leaves the Warmaster's forces dangerously under-powered, and while momentum is with them now, if the various crusade fleets start to encounter heavy resistance, the Imperium may win the war of attrition.

Not only that, but the forces of Chaos are facing new threats and alliances. The Necrons joined the fighting on Cadia, and the Imperium had enough intelligence to recognize that the enemy of my enemy is my friend in that case, and the Warmaster's forces are encountering the Necrons in greater numbers. The Eldar have created a new faction, and allegedly a new Eldar God is on the verge of being born.

All of that is compounded by the fact that Roboute Guilliman has awoken from his centuries long illness. Along with his new Pirmaris Marines, if things do not change for the Warmaster soon, his 13th Crusade will go down as his previous 12.

one of the weaknesses of the forces of Chaos is their fractured nature and constant infighting. When Abbadon put out the call for his Crusade, many Ruinous forces ignored the call, and still do. So to this end the Warmaster has sent out special teams to Chaos domains the galaxy over with one mission. Help these factions end their petty squabbles and get them to vow their forces to the warmaster. Many of them will be too powerful for these forces to directly defeat and control. Abbadon gave wide discretion to these teams. If a world has a dozen warring Chaos lords, unify them, or kill 11 of them and leave around the one that will bend the knee. Through either direct control or recruitment, Abbadon needs all the heed the call.

And so your team of venerable astartes has been sent to the Screaming Vortex, a Backwards hole on the edges of the Galaxy. Go to all the worlds. Secure power, secure loyalty, and you will be greatly rewarded.

Akheem the Wanderer

Akheem is what the Warmaster likes to call a reliable work horse. Akheem's service dates back to the Luna Wolves, and was one of the most loyal of the Chapter when Horus joined the dark gods. Since then he's been part of the core group of the Black Legion, having taken part in every one of Abadon's Black Crusades. Akheem is a warrior's warrior through and through, and has eschewed pursuing loftier goals and positions in the Black Legion so as to keep fighting on the front lines. he seems to shy away from leadership roles, only ever going as far as to lead a squad in combat. Akheem values tactical flexibility above all else. This is embodied in his equipment and war gear choices, keeping his gear balanced between ranged weapons and close combat gear as well.

Akheem has also proven to be an unshakable warrior. While not entirely without fear, he has been the last one standing in many a battle when his brothers have fled. He shares his Warmaster's goals of uniting all of Chaos, and he honors all the gods in his own way. He has always had issues with marines that totally devote themselves to one god over the other three, but will begrudgingly join them.

Akheem made it very clear that even though he was selected personally by Abbadon, he was in no way the leader of this team. He's only there to fight, and to at least be the token Black Legionnaire on a squad that is supposed to be securing favor for Abbadon. The optics would have looked bad if no one from the team was actually a full member of the Legion.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Hey Werix, could I downgrade from power armor to scout armor for maximum batman?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

professor_curly posted:

Hey Werix, could I downgrade from power armor to scout armor for maximum batman?

Power armor only makes it easier for bad guys to roll perception, and only by +10.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

wiegieman posted:

Power armor only makes it easier for bad guys to roll perception, and only by +10.

Power armor increases size by one. That makes all of you size 5 hulking. Which imposes a -10 penalty to stealth. Page 49 when explaining the different geneseed implants indicates that Black Carapace: "although a space marine in power armor has size (hulking) trait, his enemies gain no bonus to hit him." So black carapace essentially negates the +10 to hit from size.

professor_curly posted:

I will offer you want Waci once offered me. Your character can have Mark VI Corvus armor similar to the suit in Deathwatch: Rites of Battle. That suit grants you +10 agility, which will essentially negate the -10 to stealth, plus likely increase your AB by even more making you faster. However, the Corvus armor is lighter, and has AP7 instead of the Black Crusade 8 as it is lighter.

I assume since you were willing to take scout armor, being offered Corvus armor will suffice.

Also Two of us have winged and you're a raptor, so team air assault it is.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Unfortunately, I just realized that I have a late night class on Wednesdays now, so how attached are we to Wednesdays? If we could move this game to the same time on Tuesdays or Thursdays, that'd be a lot more convenient for me.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
As GM it doesn't make a difference, so long as it is during the work week. I typically don't have to work evenings, so I'm able to do it about any night, though I'd prefer Thursdays slightly. I guess it will depend on the other players.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

If we move to Thursdays then I'll be late to the next one, because I literally start a new job that day.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Congratulations! I only slightly prefer Thursdays since you both know I tend to update my play by post games on Tuesdays, so the one week a month we do this I would prefer not to delay an update further.

We can most certainly do it Tuesday for this upcoming game though and maybe go to Thursdays from that point on?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Tuesday the 6th would work, but Tuesday the 30th would be better.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Thursday isn't great for me, personally.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I guess I should put my guy in the thread also, huh.

pre:
Name: Tummashah
Race: Marine
Career: Thousand Sons Sorcerer
Pride: Devotion
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Ascendancy
Alignment: Tzeentch

Characteristics
base + point buy + archetype/creation + spent
      100 pts

WS	: 30 = 30 + 00 +    + 
BS	: 30 = 30 + 00 +    + 
S	: 35 = 30 + 10 - 05 + 
T	: 40 = 30 + 10 +    + 
AG	: 40 = 30 + 10 +    + 
INT	: 50 = 30 + 20 +    + 
PER	: 55 = 30 + 20 + 05 + 
WP	: 58 = 30 + 20 + 08 + 
FEL	: 45 = 30 + 10 + 05 + 

Infamy: 34
Corruption: 15
Wounds: 17
Initiative: 1d10+4

Skills:
 Athletics, 
 Awareness, 
 Command
 Common Lore (War, Tech), 
 Decieve
 Dodge, 
 Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Daemonology, Psykers)
 Linguistics (Low Gothic), 
 Logic
 Navigate (Surface), 
 Operate (Surface), 
 Parry
 Psyniscience
 Scholastic Lore (Occult, Legend)

Talents:
 Ancient Warrior
 Ambidextrous
 Bulging Biceps
 Legion Weapon Training
 Meditation
 Nerves of Steel
 Quick Draw
 Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
 Resistance (Psychic Powers)
 Strong Minded
 Unarmed Warrior
 Warp Sense

Psy Rating 3

Traits:
 Amphibious
 Unnatural Strength (+4)
 Unnatural Toughness (+4)
 Unnatural Willpower (+2)
 Psyker (3)
 Rubric of Ahriman

Mutations:
 Face of Tzeentch (Fear 2, Peer (Mortal Followers of Tzeentch)

Gear:
 CC Force Sword
 CC Legion Bolt Pistol w/ 4 mags & two clips of Tzeentchian Inferno Bolts
 Talisman of Tzeentch
 Legionnaire Power Armour (Devotional Iconography, SPS, Auto Senses, Vox Link)
 Legionnaire Combat Knife

Acquisitions:
 Psy Focus
 Beguiling Gem
 PC Warp Staff
 Talisman of Tzeentch

Powers:
 Psy Rating 3

Mind Over Matter
 Precision TK 
 Precognition
 Precognitive Dodge
 Boon of Tzeentch 

Advancements (3600/3600):
 TSS                      3600

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Here's my guy. Also, I can't do Tuesdays. I'm in another game on Tuesdays.

pre:
Name:  Fabricus Bile
Archetype:  Dark Apostle
Alignment:  Unaligned
Pride: Foresight
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Vengeance

WS      40
BS      50
S       45
T       35
Ag      35
Int     36
Per     35
Will    50
Fel     45

Wounds: 19 
Infamy  33
IP 3/3
CP 15

Skills
Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Command +10
Common Lore (Screaming Vortex, War)
Deceive
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Daemonology, The Book of Lorgar, Heresy)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Scrutiny
Scholastic Lore (Occult)

Talents
Air of Authority
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Bicepts
Demagogue
Enemy (Ecclesiarchy)
Inspire Wrath
Iron Discipline
Legion Weapon Training
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison)
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakable Will

Traits

Amphibious
Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4
Darksoul

Equipment
Legionnaire Power Armor
 -Auto-senses
 -Nutrient Recycling
 -Recoil Suppression
 -Biomonitor
 -Sustainable Power Source
 -Careful Maintence
Legionnaire Bolter w 4 magazines
Legionnaire Combat Knife
Accursed Crozius (Non-Posessed)
Legion Bolt Pistol w 2 Magazines
Unholy Icon
2 Legion Frag Grenades
Legion Heavy Flamer
Legion Plasma Gun
Pheremone Generator

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 25, 2018

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Epicurius: you're gifts of the gods are as follow:

Roll 1: 32 so a range of 29-35
darksoul
dimensional instability
emaciated
eye of chaos

Roll 2: 3 so 1-6.
Addiction
animal hybrid
beastial

given those choices I'd probably go with darksoul, but maybe you want to be a part animal person?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Alright, so realistically we have 3 options RE: game time:

1. Mondays, which I didn't mention because I figured Mondays probably suck for most people, but I could do Mondays too.

2. Thursdays, which is fine with me but Jag has trouble with.

3. We stick with Wednesdays and I'm basically 1-2 hours late or more likely completely absent until May.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I can really do any weekday except for Tuesday, generally. And just making sure, this is 8pm eastern/7 central? That hasn't changed?

Oh, and I'm going with Darksoul, btw, because I know how you were all waiting on my decision.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Well poo poo, how do Mondays look then? I can do Monday. My job is mostly a 9-5 affair, unless something comes up that I have to stay late and finish, or I'm swamped with work, oh the joys of being a salaried attorney.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, we're pushing this back to the week of the 12th since we didn't seem to come up with a definitive date yet, since no one responded to Mondays.

Tuesday doesn't work for Epicurius

Wednesday doesn't work for Dachshundofdoom

Thursday doesn't work for Jag.

Fridays won't work for me.

So either we need to nail down Monday as a day, or potentially proceed without one of you. Or third option of just killing the game.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Ok, as I explained to Werix, I have learned that the button I thought was Push to Talk really is the mute button. So, an older and wiser man, I am back in, and Mondays are good.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 5, 2018

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mondays should be good for me, but that can change depending on work schedules.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Monday is fine.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Mondays work for me.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Alright, that looks like everyone can do Mondays. So we'll look at go to first Mondays of the month. Though for this month we'll do next Monday. JTJag is going to need some help with the system, specifically character creation, so if anyone else besides me wants to give him a hand or pointers, do so here or on Discord.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
:toot:

Feel free to hit me up in DMs on Discord, JT, I've made approximately ten billion Black Crusade characters over the past few years so I've got it down pretty well at this point.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dachshundofdoom posted:

:toot:

Feel free to hit me up in DMs on Discord, JT, I've made approximately ten billion Black Crusade characters over the past few years so I've got it down pretty well at this point.

He and I both. There isn't a Black Crusade game I haven't apped to.

The plus side is if you go with an advanced archetype, you actually won't have any starting exp. So really its just stats, wounds, mutations, power armor starting ability and starting gear you have to worry about.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Reminder: we're playing tonight at 7 p.m. CST. I've got my notes and everything prepared for the session but didn't have time to get maps ready.

Hopefully I can between getting home and starting. If not, then combats might be somewhat more abstract or have simple maps.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hey, we're going to postpone this weeks game until March 12. One of you guys contacted me and said you were dealing with a funeral and won't be available Monday. While we'd have players most likely to play ( I prefer a minimum of three), I'd feel kinda bad playing knowing that one of you can't make it because of that. Don't expect me to reschedule whenever we're a man down, but poo poo, that's a hell of a reason not to be here.

You don't have to out yourself as the one who has the funeral, but know that I'm thinking of you man.

So we're going with March 12 for the next game, unless that time isn't going to work for a swath of you.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So everyone gets to hate me. My girlfriend just told me an old seminary friend of hers recently passed away to cancer. Just so happens he actually preached in my county, and is going to be staying at my place Monday night before the Tuesday funeral. I'm not going to be sitting in here playing elf games while she is dealing with some heavy poo poo, so game is off for Monday.

We can either try to have the game some other day next week, push it to the 19th leaving two weeks between sessions, or call March a bust and come back April 2nd.

Sorry guys. I'll get back on exp, infamy, corruption later.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Sorry to hear that. I'm fine with the 19th, personally.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend's friend. As for rescheduling the game, I'm fine with whatever people want to do.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, this is a reminder that we're still on for Monday at around 7. Despite the fact we've postponed twice, I have horrible time management skills. While I have things planned out and session notes, I haven't had good time to sit down and make combat maps in roll 20. So either they might be simple, or battle more abstract.

So I've had questions on experience, corruption, and Infamy.

You all get 500 exp for last session. I am likely going to keep this level of exp for every session. It is a good round number, and lets players get one True aligned talent at tier 3, one allied at tier 2, or one opposed at tier one, or whatever other exp expenditures you want.

Infamy I am going to do more along the Compact method lined out in the book starting on page 270. Since your missions are to essentially bring lords or planets into the fold, your missions will likely fall in the Undertaking (3 infamy, 4-6 secondary objectives, few weeks to month span in game) or Operation (6 infamy, 6-8 secondary objectives, months of planning) categories.

After this beginning segment of helping Jorah get his ship, the first couple compacts are likely going to come from me as you get your feet wet in the Vortex, but after that I will let you players get more freeform with how you go about things.

Corruption points are going to be rewarded based on the core rule book on page 289 and the glorifying acts in Tome of Excess starting on page 70. Essentially, you'll get corruption for roleplaying out corruption things that please your god. For unaligned characters, they can get the benefits of any of the gods, but typically only one per action.

See everyone the 19th at 7 p.m. cst.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I took Warp Lock, because I actually like not killing the whole party.

e: After this session, I'm taking the Thought Sending, Delude, Compel, and Preternatural Awareness powers.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 20, 2018

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Game is still on for tomorrow at 7 p.m. CST. While I said last time the group was going to work up a compact, I think for this first time Captain Jorah is going to propose one.

I've never worked with the compact system before, so I think offering a short one that will take a couple sessions will be a good intro to the system for all involved.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Memo from Captain Jorah, of the Night's Shadow:

Many thanks for getting my ship free. Now with it once again in my capable hands, I am able to go ahead and help you all get started on making a name in the Vortex. There is one opportunity I can point you towards.

The World of Kurse has some fighting pits floating above it. Carved out of the shattered remains of the planet's moon. These fighting pits were put together by the Excospectre of Forge Castir, one of the big tech priests of the forgeworld known as The Hollows. Now, Forge Castir typically leave the fighting pits alone; while a large industry related to training the mutants on the surface for purchase for warbands and betting on gladiator fights has sprouted up. However, every so often tech heads from Forge Castir show up wanting to test out their latest creations on any forces in the Vortex willing to fight.

This serves two purposes I understand. First, it allows the Forge Castir folks to test these war machines in semi-controlled circumstances. They can control a lot of variables in the arena, while also testing against unknown combatants and strategies. The second purpose is it allows the Magos of Forge Castir to find forces that they can recruit in their never ending war with Forge Polix? I'm not big on politics of the Hollows.

Either way, a lot of people will come to watch, and bet on, these fights, so if you triumph, you'll gain some much needed name recognition. It might also function to get yourselves in with the forces of Forge Castir, which isn't a bad group of folks to have on your side.

Compact: Test your mettle (or Metal) at Kurse against the Mechanical nightmares of Forge Castir.

Scope and infamy reward: Small undertaking, worth 3 infamy.

Anointed: Warpsmith Cravvo

Resources to be mustered: potentially acquiring weaponry at Kurse, otherwise none.

Dedication: Undedicated.

Primary Objective: prevail in all three rounds of the tests by Forge Castir.

Secondary Objectives (each worth +2 infamy)
1. Qualify for the test by prevailing in combat against a mass of Kurse's local mutants. X
2. Defeat the first round of combat comprised of unknown assailants. x
3. Defeat second round of combat comprised of unknown assailants. x

Tertiary Objectives: 1d5 infamy
1. Gather intelligence on enemy forces/composition x
2. Attempt to sabotage enemy forces.

Personal Objectives (worth 1d5 infamy):
Akheem: Score enough Match points/reputation points through called shots to gain one infamy (see page 96 of Tome of Blood).
Cravvo: Looking to retrieve Forge Castir Technology.
Dolar: go one fight without being seen.
Tummashah: go one fight using only psychic powers/include not parrying with your weapon. X
Gorvold the Festering: Get seven kills with the plague knife, will include horde magnitude.

Werix fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 5, 2018

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

“The Forces of Chaos”. This is the common term for those who oppose the Corpse-Emperor, who serve the Gods of Impulse and Will. Often enough, it is an accurate term. Where the Legion goes, it wreaks destruction and havoc along their path. Service to the Gods is rewarded with greater might and ability to warp reality itself to your liking, to create your own worlds, to forge your own paths.

But even an ever-shifting horde needs a supply chain. A horrible, fleshy mass with uncountable teeth needs a steel spine to be capable of movement. And every fire needs more tender to continue to burn. In this, the Iron Warriors are specialists.

The Iron Warriors legion are masters of siege-craft, of trap-laying, of sustained offensive war. While many members of the Chaos Legions are content to use numbers and raw force to overcome the fortresses of the enemy, the Iron Legions specialize in guile, in concentrated power, and in troop management. Patient fighters, they are known to wait out their enemy, probing their defenses, before striking a devastating, shattering blow when they least expect it.

Warpsmith Cravvo the Constructor is cut directly from this cloth. He has always had a distaste for the simplistic manner many of his fellow Brethren go about things. The Black Legion has failed so many times in the past, due to personality conflicts, poor tactics and senseless decisions. Terra could have been claimed long ago, if only everything worked like it *should*. Machines are so much simpler than men. When properly maintained, machines will do the exact thing you want it to do, the exact same way, every time. But men… men are unpredictable. But perhaps, with some force of his own, and using the selfish motivation of others, Cravvo might be able to start fixing these errors.

pre:
Name:       Cravvo the Constructor
Archetype:  Warpsmith
Alignment:  Unaligned
Pride:      Craftsmanship
Disgrace:   Destruction
Motivation: Innovation

Origins         D100          Advances
WS	32	(27      +		      5)
BS	43	(27	 +	15)
S	40	(30	 +	10)
T	50	(35	 +	15)
Ag	43	(33	 +	20)
Int	61	(41	 +	20)
Per	40	(30	 +	10)
Will	40	(30	 +	10)
Fel	26	(26

Wounds: 19
Infamy: 30
IP:     9
CP:     15

XP:    4600
Spent: 4550

Skills

Athletics
Awareness
Common Lore (War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy, The Long War, Adeptus Mechanicus, Demonology)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Trade (Armourer)
Scrutiny
Linguistics (Techno-Lingua)
Medicae
Scholastic Lore (Occult)
Tech-Use
Security

Advancements:

Acrobatics

Talents

Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Hightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Ancient Warrior
Sound Constitution
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Cold Hearted
Mechadendrite Use
Combat Sense
Meditation
Technical Knock
Unshakeable Will

Advancements:

Armour-Monger

Traits

Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Unnatural Intelligence +2
Mechanicus Implants

Mutations

Slayer Limb

Equipment

Legionnaire Power Armour
Legionnaire Bolter
Legionnaire Combat Knife
Fallen Magos Power Axe
Cerebral Implant (Good quality)
Mind Impulse Unit (Good quality)
Utility Mechadendrite
Four Dendrite Blades (Normal quality)
Plasma Cannon (Slayer Limb)
Beguiling Gem (Opponents in Melee must pass a -10 Willpower check)

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 3, 2018

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Just making sure. Do we get the 500 xp for last time?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Epicurius posted:

Just making sure. Do we get the 500 xp for last time?

Every session.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

wiegieman posted:

Every session.

Yes, you should be at 4600 exp. 3600 in your starting archetype, and 1,000 to spend.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

We're on tomorrow night, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
We are on for tomorrow. As I did have the three fights in the arena all planned out last month, I am ready to move forward on those.

Tomorrow 7 p.m. CST.