Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
The rifftrax Patreon just gave a preview of what's to come for tomorrow, and let's just say that I'm pumped. Everyone should cancel their plans for tomorrow and stock up on popcorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Canned Panda posted:

I buy weird poo poo thanks to RiffTrax.

I see we're members of the same Facebook group.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Is that a good one?

It's the one where the director has nothing to say other than describe what is happening on screen. "There's the Cobra, that's Stallone." when he first drives up. It was very funny at the time.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

They did it...the crazy bastards actually did it!

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-amazing-bulk

quote:

For years, people have been asking us to riff The Amazing Bulk. And for years, we have hidden under a bed hoping those people won’t find us.

Well, at last, it’s happened. The big purple grainy digital hand of the Bulk has smashed our hiding place. It’s infamous, it’s unbelievable - but decidedly NOT Incredible - it’s The Amazing Bulk!

How to describe this movie? First of all, it may not be a “movie.” It seems like it was assembled by pressing “random shuffle” on a piece of video software from the '90s, then pouring the results into a blender with a “superhero movie” button. The core premise may sound familiar: a scientist becomes a giant colorful monster after a lab accident, complicating his relationship with his girlfriend whose father is an Army general who wants him destroyed. And, of course, there is a maniacal supervillain with a vaguely European accent and a monocle. Sounds simple enough! The twist is, all of these characters inhabit some forgotten back corner of the uncanny valley. Their entire world, from the cars to the furniture to the monkeys to the leprechaun - yes, there is a leprechaun - looks to be made from low-resolution screensavers downloaded via Limewire twenty-five years ago. Even the chairs are fake. The chairs!

Few movies will make you say “oh my God” as many times per minute as this one. It must be seen to be believed, and it’s best seen with the help of Mike, Kevin, and Bill. Join them in the nether realms of a special digital hell called The Amazing Bulk!

Written by: Mike Nelson, Conor Lastowka, Sean Thomason, Jason Miller, and Zach Shatzer

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Good Cop and Lenny From Mice And Men Cop" and "Morris Day used to say good night to Prince like that" got me.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 6, 2024

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

As soon as I saw the email, I bought it, and it did not disappoint. Bravo, RiffTrax.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The loving leprechaun out of nowhere lmao

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of surprised because IIRC either Kevin or Bill said online that they had considered it at one point but rejected it for being too crap.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

God, The Amazing Bulk looks exactly like a 90s FMV game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yambao lady is a fox

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Finally got off my rear end and backed the kickstarter for this year. A bit bummed I would have had to get the DVD level pledge to get the early ticketing window but it's not usually packed in my city so I just went with the digital stretch package. Looking forward to this one!

Join us, shan't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Watching Stitches. Mike: "This whole film is like if Anton LaVey directed Mrs. Doubtfire."