Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbqHu7p-pAQ

MachineryNoise fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This was one of those movies that just drowns all Rifftrax's jokes in a sea of mind-numbing dullness. It's not even memorably bad like Rollergator. It's just blah.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The end of the movie makes me wonder if there was some kind of behind the scenes production issue seeing as all of a sudden there's a whole lot of voiceover saying stuff happened instead of showing it.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

My mom's sister appeared on Whizzo when she was a child (not the holiday special, just some random episode), and she spilled milk on her outfit and Whizzo kept calling her the wrong name and made her cry and I feel like my family's curse of madness and alcoholism can all be explained by this event. That's my Whizzo story.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Hold on a second, Whizzo was a TV series?! :monocle: I barely remember watching Bozo the clown broadcast by WGN and that looked like Citizen Kane compared to Whizzo.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

It was filmed in Kansas City and possibly only aired locally? I can't imagine any other market would have had it.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Dawgstar posted:

I feel like you'd have to attach a ball and chain to get the guys to get them to watch another Transformers movie and even then there's a risk they would attempt to gnaw off their own foot at the ankle.

I'm really just recommending watching Revenge of the Fallen here. There's a part where Bill loses his poo poo because the main characters explicitly say they at Aqaba, where there are no pyramids, yet they enter a giant pyramid right after this.

Edit:. I haven't seen it in years but I remember Firewall being hilarious too.

AvesPKS fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 13, 2020

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
firewall was excellent, from what i remember

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Big Dark Yak posted:

It was filmed in Kansas City and possibly only aired locally? I can't imagine any other market would have had it.

So it was kind of a local Bozo, only grim and joyless?

Fake Edit: Bozo was local too, but it got a lot of play elsewhere thanks to WGN.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
IIRC, Bozo the Clown was actually created by someone in either L.A. or NYC, who subsequently licensed the character out to TV stations in other major media markets, so that most every region had their own version of Bozo (not sure about any of the supporting characters though). I remember having my mind blown some years back when I discovered he wasn't just a local Chicago TV personality.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I constantly felt that something was going to go TERRIBLY WRONG during Whizzo, which puts it about Ice Cream Bunny and Balloonland in my Most Upsetting Rifftrax ranking.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

IIRC, Bozo the Clown was actually created by someone in either L.A. or NYC, who subsequently licensed the character out to TV stations in other major media markets, so that most every region had their own version of Bozo (not sure about any of the supporting characters though). I remember having my mind blown some years back when I discovered he wasn't just a local Chicago TV personality.

Interesting! Apparently I thought as I did because Chicago was the most popular iteration because it rode WGN's superstation wave.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I got to say the twitch channel has been very helpful in sorting through the ones that I want to purchase and the ones that I absolutely cannot stand to watch. I am very glad the twitch channel introduced me to Horror Express. Less so about Frankenstein Island, Bigfoot, and Balloonland, Whizzo, etc.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Interesting! Apparently I thought as I did because Chicago was the most popular iteration because it rode WGN's superstation wave.

Yeah, I grew up watching Chicago-area television over-the-air (lived in a semi-rural area in the days before cable :corsair:) and I thought the exact same thing. Still, I can't help but wonder what would've happened if we'd have gotten Whizzo instead. :v:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Have some archival footage of Whizzo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CynVB8iks0g

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Then a guy who ended up buying the Bozo license, in the 1960s, also managed to talk Stan Laurel into selling him the Laurel and Hardy license.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Have some archival footage of Whizzo:

Then when it's over, your phone rings... And what they say is, "You will die in seven days". And exactly seven days later...

Alternatively, it's Joel's quip about every frame of the movie looking like someone's last known photograph.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

queserasera posted:

I got to say the twitch channel has been very helpful in sorting through the ones that I want to purchase and the ones that I absolutely cannot stand to watch. I am very glad the twitch channel introduced me to Horror Express. Less so about Frankenstein Island, Bigfoot, and Balloonland, Whizzo, etc.

Does anybody recall the Lance Henriksen movie they show? They don't show it a lot and I always forget to type !movie when it's on. (Also follow up, is the riff worth it?)

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Does anybody recall the Lance Henriksen movie they show? They don't show it a lot and I always forget to type !movie when it's on. (Also follow up, is the riff worth it?)

This one?
https://www.rifftrax.com/mind-ripper

I don't know how good it is.

e: wow, they offer downloadable captions now

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 13, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Thank you!

And Wes Craven's Mind-Ripper. Oh, my.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mind Ripper is a real bullshit kind of movie. Its like a couple of movies stuck in a blender.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bNfag1hosI

You might also be thinking of Stone Cold, Henrikson makes a great new agey biker

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bNfag1hosI

You might also be thinking of Stone Cold, Henrikson makes a great new agey biker

Oh, trust me, the movie that gave me the line "He'll either be the biggest porkchop I ever ate... or my bulldozer" has stuck with me.

I love Kevin's delight in that movie, like when the motorcycle crashes into the helicopter. They really don't hate as many of these flicks as some think.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Moe_Rahn posted:

So I've watched Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny like three times now thanks to the PlutoTV Rifftrax channel, and I just have one question:
what
(and I cannot stress this enough)
THE gently caress
which version of santa and the ice cream bunny?

there are two.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

InsertPotPun posted:

there are two.

The first time Bill launched into his Ice Cream Bunny laugh I saw stars I was laughing so hard.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

InsertPotPun posted:

there are two.
Thumbelina

the minutiae of mole relationships is truly mind-numbing

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
HERRR HERRR HERRR HERRR

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

The first time Bill launched into his Ice Cream Bunny laugh I saw stars I was laughing so hard.

Me too

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The Brooklyn mole jokes made me completely lose it. (And HURRRRR HURRRRR HURRRRR, of course.)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Oh god I forgot about that child’s hideous cough in Whizzo.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

When we saw that bit one of our friends laughed so hard I got genuinely concerned for his safety, I think Ice Cream Bunny laugh might in fact be that one joke that kills people

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
The unmoving rictus grin of the Ice Cream Bunny mask, s l o w l y driving the antique fire truck loaded with children down the dirt trail to save Santa, definitely sent me into a laughing fit that ended with me doubled over and unable to breathe.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1283116553932701696?s=20

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I watched Whizzo last night and it was like staring into the face of madness itself.

It wasn't all that bad for the kids, though. They got to take home their very own strain of tuberculosis and a strip of crap crepe paper for their trouble.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Someone recommended I cross-post this here. It was originally in the MST3K thread.

tldr: I'm giving away some MST-related stuff. Please check it out.

Thank you!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BrewingTea posted:

Someone recommended I cross-post this here. It was originally in the MST3K thread.

tldr: I'm giving away some MST-related stuff. Please check it out.

Thank you!

I kindof want that movie time door to put in front of my home theater screen for movie nights. But I'd have to live in Nashville to get it. Also, I'd have to have a home theater.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Rifftrax Presents riffer Ian Potter:

https://twitter.com/ianzpotter/status/1283831038565920768?s=20

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jeez a lou thats awful. One of my two favorite riffers too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Didn't like his riffs but that really sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Matthew Elliot made one too many puns and Ian's heart is paying the price.