Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

This is great you should be proud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

This is fantastic, and Kevin should be proud, too. Outstanding job! Thanks for sharing!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RandomPauI posted:

Our showings are pretty sparse, but I don't expect the theaters to open any time soon so...

Now that you mention it the only time I felt like the theater was crowded for a live show was for The Room, which is probably due mostly to The Room.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

:siren::siren:NEW RELEASE TODAY:siren::siren:

BEAKS!

https://www.rifftrax.com/beaks

quote:

Beaks! Sure, everyone agrees they’re the tastiest part of the chicken, but as this movie shows, they can also be dangerous!

Beaks! goes by a few alternate names, like Birds of Prey (sans Harley Quinn) and Falco Terror (an objectively cool title), but of course we had to go with the version that provides its own thrilling punctuation. It’s an Italian/South American/heavy-on-the-dubbing production, and it’s an eye-plucking delight. Seriously, there’s a lot of eye-plucking. Whether you’re hang gliding, enjoying coffee on your balcony, or sitting in a small country church, the birds in Beaks! are more than ready to pluck the heck out of your eye. Don’t get plucked!

We know what you’re probably thinking: how can they riff a bird attack movie that features no coat hangers, songs about hangin’ out with your family, or slrpnls? Well, when you see this film try to be scary with a flock of pigeons just minding their own business, or a happy little family of ducks floating in a pond, you will understand. This is truly a new level of bird based non-terror.

Watch a local news team soar around the globe on a seemingly infinite budget to report this goofy story. But while you watch, don’t forget to also cover your eyes, on account of all the plucking. Throw on some goggles and join Mike! Kevin! and Bill! for Beaks!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Not that it's impossible otherwise (there are only so many "good bad" movies), but the amount of overlap with RLM's Best of the Worst movies lately seems really high.

It's not a bad thing if they are, I just wonder if they're checking out that series to find new stuff.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I think it's more that they're gated by the same kind of sources. RLM will do things straight off of terrible video tapes, but Rifftrax needs to get licenses for the film, so there's got to be an active distributor to negotiate rights with. If they care enough to do that, they're probably also reissuing copies on bluray/dvd precisely because things like RLM have helped grow the crap movie market.

A whole lot of recent riffs have all had that Multicom logo at the front of them.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Bedurndurn posted:

I think it's more that they're gated by the same kind of sources. RLM will do things straight off of terrible video tapes, but Rifftrax needs to get licenses for the film, so there's got to be an active distributor to negotiate rights with. If they care enough to do that, they're probably also reissuing copies on bluray/dvd precisely because things like RLM have helped grow the crap movie market.

A whole lot of recent riffs have all had that Multicom logo at the front of them.

Yeah, they made a big deal with MEG. And I'm glad they did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Beaks definitely has a problem where they can't afford to actually get "scary" birds so the majority is pigeons somehow killing people. Also another example of main characters taking charge of a disaster even though they have absolutely no qualifications for it.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

I am currently 49 minutes into my first viewing of Rollergator. My questions:

What?

Why?

No, wait, what?

Seriously, why?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

A Big Dark Yak posted:

I am currently 49 minutes into my first viewing of Rollergator.

My sincerest condolences. Rollergator's right up there with A Talking Cat and the James Nguyen movies as too incompetent to be funny and the riffs don't save it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That guitar noise never goes away. I don't mean in the movie, I mean ever.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

queserasera posted:

My sincerest condolences. Rollergator's right up there with A Talking Cat and the James Nguyen movies as too incompetent to be funny and the riffs don't save it.
Yeah. I find Rollergator to be unwatchable, mostly because of the audio quality and the incessant guitar noodling.

For a "so bad it hurts" movie that you can still enjoy with riffing, I'd recommend Lycan Colony.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Which is worse, Rollergator guitar noodling or Mesa of Lost Women guitar noodling?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Just finished Beaks! and thought it was a pretty good riff, but with Suburban Sasquatch, Lycan Colony, Aladdin, and some of the other riffs this year, it's probably going to get overlooked.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Rollergator report: my girlfriend fell asleep partway through, woke up when there was about fifteen minutes left and groaned, distraught, "I was hoping it would be over by now!"

It might have been more coherent than Fun In Balloonland, but certainly more painful as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

x-post

muscles like this! posted:

Again a reminder that there is a live stream from The Mads tonight at 8/7c and that tickets are still available (with a portion of the proceeds going to the NAACP) after the show there will be a live Q & A with Trace, Frank and special guest Jonah Ray. Also if you're interested but don't have the time tonight purchasing a ticket gets you a download of show.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bought my tickets but can't watch as Im working. Gonna download the hell out of that video

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is a weird movie.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Canned Panda posted:

Just finished Beaks! and thought it was a pretty good riff, but with Suburban Sasquatch, Lycan Colony, Aladdin, and some of the other riffs this year, it's probably going to get overlooked.

Beaks! was more enjoyable than I expected, though did they really blow up an actual hawk??

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wonder how Beaks! would work as a double feature with Day of the Animals.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

remigious posted:

blow up an actual hawk??

That particular shot appears to be fake. But they do seem to have no problem shooting pigeons before that or just hurling birds at people with no regard for bird safety :(

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Yeah those poor pigeons :( it wasn’t as bad as the movie with the rats though.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I watched the Mads take on Walk the Dark Street. It's a very interesting bad movie because in parts, it's almost really good.

The quality is poo poo, but the scene of the two main characters meeting in the beginning is genuinely intense and well done. Then they made the plot of the movie clear and I was completely on board. This is then followed with the cinematic equivalent of that gag from Space Ghost where he chases an ant for 12 minutes. The movie has a fantastic concept and basic story, but in practice it is so incredibly dull.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Gavok posted:

The movie has a fantastic concept and basic story, but in practice it is so incredibly dull.

Wow it really cut to the core of the human experience.

Sounds like a Mallick!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gavok posted:

I watched the Mads take on Walk the Dark Street. It's a very interesting bad movie because in parts, it's almost really good.

The quality is poo poo, but the scene of the two main characters meeting in the beginning is genuinely intense and well done. Then they made the plot of the movie clear and I was completely on board. This is then followed with the cinematic equivalent of that gag from Space Ghost where he chases an ant for 12 minutes. The movie has a fantastic concept and basic story, but in practice it is so incredibly dull.

I had the same feeling. The opening is a clunky but appropriately sinister setup with tension and then the film kind of unwinds. If the good stuff was at the end itd be a pretty ok movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chuck Connors is good and creepily intense (which makes sense as he had a long rear end career after this) but the guy who played Lawton was completely boring. Also the plot is needlessly complicated adding in the woman who also kind of wants revenge against Lawton but doesn't ever actually do anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched The Power and it had surprisingly good effects the couple times it actually has them. Most of the time it is just kind of boring meandering. One question I was left with is was there just one statue or were there supposed to be multiple? Because the way it travels around doesn't exactly make a ton of sense.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I synced up and listened to the We Hate Movies guys talking over Predator and it was really good

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Chuck Connors is good and creepily intense (which makes sense as he had a long rear end career after this) but the guy who played Lawton was completely boring. Also the plot is needlessly complicated adding in the woman who also kind of wants revenge against Lawton but doesn't ever actually do anything.

The only thing I remember about Chuck Conners is that one episode of NewsRadio where Jimmy is in a coma, and Dave Nelson carries both sides of a ridiculous conversation with him where he mixes up Chuck Conners with another actor.

Watched The Power and it had surprisingly good effects the couple times it actually has them. Most of the time it is just kind of boring meandering. One question I was left with is was there just one statue or were there supposed to be multiple? Because the way it travels around doesn't exactly make a ton of sense.

Pretty sure there was just the one statue, because they make a big show of digging it up at the beginning, if I remember correctly. I think the final scene really tied the movie together nicely for me too, which doesn't always happen with a Rifftrax.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
after watching Alladin i know i will never be able to look barry bostwick in the eye.
he'll be able to tell too. i'll be introduced and just keep looking at the ground and his face would fall and he'd say "oh, you saw it, huh?" and i'll just kind of nod and he'll mumble an apology and we'll part.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wow, they made a Sonny Bono joke in Icebreaker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rifftrax is doing another Scener test this Wednesday. Apparently the software for streaming has been updated recently and they want to try it out again before the Starship Troopers event on the 29th. They're going to be doing a portion of the first episode of Daredevil.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

"Movie" is kind of a strong word for A Talking Cat!? but I can't help but love it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did the guys ever describe the acquisition of movie rights process?

I'm dying to hear how many times they had to explain a threadbare movie plot to a bored executive who had no idea their insurance company based in idaho has the broadcasting rights to a little known action flic starring a very bad Steven Segal lookalike.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dawgstar posted:

Wow, they made a Sonny Bono joke in Icebreaker.

I'm guessing you haven't seen any of the David Carradine riffs?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

I'm guessing you haven't seen any of the David Carradine riffs?

I've tried to watch Future Zone but I can't get into it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dawgstar posted:

I've tried to watch Future Zone but I can't get into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug_ZUFM5tTI

The first 16 seconds of this video sum it up nicely.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug_ZUFM5tTI

The first 16 seconds of this video sum it up nicely.

Oh, my that's awful.

(And so am I for laughing at it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.rifftrax.com/charade
This week's release is a Mike and Bridget riff of Charade.