Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm really torn right now between buying Atomic Eden and San Franpsycho.

I'm a sucker for Joe "Mr. Money" Estevez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

My personal opinion is that San Franpsycho is the superior film, I'd definitely rewatch that.
OTOH you may be into nonexistant plots and strange accents.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Atomic Eden has Fred Williamson AND Lorenzo Lamas though.

THE Lorenzo Lamas.

It IS him.

Seriously.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

For like a 5 minutes chat at the end, not good enough for any Lamasheads

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Lorenzo Lamas filed Snakeater 2 in my neighborhood when i was a kid, I saw him many times.

Zombie Nightmare was also filmed in my parents neighborhood, my uncle actually worked at the Twist n Creme as a teen

lol Montreal film

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Smdh that people forgot about his star turn on that beloved sitcom "The Duck Factory"

I genuinely forgot he's Canadian.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fred Williamson in Atomic Eden looks like he's turning into Steven Seagal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I didn't like San Franpsycho or whatever it was called. Not because of anything wrong with the riffing, but because the movie was, tonally, mean and ugly and cynical in a really cheap and unearned way. The "haha the villain wins" ending especially annoyed me because it was so obviously done for the sort of edginess that amateur horror filmmakers seem to think the genre needs more of.

It made Coleman Francis's films seem kinda wholesomey.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Was watching Icebreaker and decided to see what David Giancola has been up to outside of Pressure Point and Time Chasers. Apparently, he's been writing his own wiki article! Truly a polymath.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Arachnia and Radical Jack are both terrible / excellent too if you aren't acquainted.

Except for all the gratuitous violence against women in Radical Jack. That poo poo is awful.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Another Bill posted:

Arachnia and Radical Jack are both terrible / excellent too if you aren't acquainted.

Except for all the gratuitous violence against women in Radical Jack. That poo poo is awful.

Yeah that movie hates women. But other than those scenes, it's a very entertaining bad movie. I could have sat through all of Radical Jack even without riffs and enjoyed it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Icebreaker is such a weird movie because it has actual movie stars but that isn't enough to save it. Bruce Campbell is doing his best with what he's got but it isn't much.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Icebreaker is such a weird movie because it has actual movie stars but that isn't enough to save it. Bruce Campbell is doing his best with what he's got but it isn't much.

Sean Astin also tries hard. Shame he never did anything else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1469444486853902337
New Bridget and Mary Jo riff, another Mary Higgins Clark movie.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is it my birthday?

Its such a weird Die Hard knock off because it just seems to have committed to not being good conceptually and plot structure but paid good money for actors

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That funky 50's-ish high school series Bridget and Mary Jo do is a real treat.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah they are really good. I've only seen High School Hero and the next one where they go on vacation to the west or wherever, but they both crack me up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Theres something just quaintly charming about them. Theres no real stakes, nothing really offensive, and they're basically five small plots that all hinge on missed communications that can be interpreted two ways but none of them dirty.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The latest Christmas short is loving bonkers. It's about a character named the Little King, who befriends a couple hobos, sneaks them into his castle and they bathe together, sleep together and then celebrate Christmas morning together.

What comes completely out of nowhere in this 1930s cartoon is one of the hobos removes his shirt to show this huge NRA logo tattooed across his chest. It isn't referenced in any way. It's just blatantly there. It's so weird.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gavok posted:

What comes completely out of nowhere in this 1930s cartoon is one of the hobos removes his shirt to show this huge NRA logo tattooed across his chest. It isn't referenced in any way. It's just blatantly there. It's so weird.

Completely different NRA. It's a reference to the National Recovery Administration and that imagery turned up in a lot of places at the time. Check out the credits for the Marx Bros' Duck Soup, for example.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
To me the most disturbing thing about the short is that only the titular character is depicted in the original comic's distinctive angular/geometric style; the other characters (including and especially the hobos) are done in a much more generic and boring animation style of the time, where the heads are significantly larger and more rounded. So what was, in print, the whimsical adventures of a naif comes off in animation form as a tragic microcephalic who is simply being indulged by everyone around him, probably because he only has two more weeks to live or something

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like they're trying something different as there's a new short "Beginning Responsibility: Taking Care Of Things" (not to be confused with another short with almost exactly the same name) that is only available through the Friends of Rifftrax subscription.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Looks like they're trying something different as there's a new short "Beginning Responsibility: Taking Care Of Things" (not to be confused with another short with almost exactly the same name) that is only available through the Friends of Rifftrax subscription.

Kinda sucks since I buy everything they offer, so a subscription wouldn't make any sense for me.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/TheMadsAreBack/status/1471234194349170699

Support your local Mads!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I watched Lycan Colony last night. :wtc:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Miiistake

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

RandolphCarter posted:

my mind does this thing where anything as hosed up as watching that movie gets erased for my protection.
I've learned to accept that.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

RandolphCarter posted:

A friend told me about that one and described it as "Birdemic, but somehow worse". Now I have to check it out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A friend told me about that one and described it as "Birdemic, but somehow worse". Now I have to check it out.

It is AMAZING. I just watched it last weekend. Also, there's a post credits "scene"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I watched Atomic Eden and it feels like they had a medicore straight to video film and them shuffled all the scenes out of order but kept going anyway. Well what can you do it was the early 90s and now to drink this large glass of water.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's humbling to be faced with the fact that Birdemic actually can't be as miserable a failure as it first seems because Birdemic has at least a PLOT* and DEFINED CHARACTERS**
*threadbare
**poorly

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Birdemic is bad but I find James Nguyen's other movies to be more fun because of how completely bonkers they are. Like how Julie & Jack takes forever to reveal that all the dates were in VR

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Its amazing how many unforced errors Lycan Colony makes. Actually draw a tattoo on a guy? NO, do it through post production. Buy a werewolf costume? NO, this fursuit (as in furry fur suit) is good enough.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

RiffTrax did Jack Frost

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1471918125549383681

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Need to do the Keaton one for the trifecta

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Jack Frost is one of my absolute MST3k favorites so this is a great early Christmas present.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Sir Dingleby Dapper posted:

Jack Frost is one of my absolute MST3k favorites so this is a great early Christmas present.

It's not the one that pops into my head first, but you are right it has to be top 5.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jack Frost is great because "weird cultural touchstones I don't understand crudely shaped into a plot that makes way too little sense to an outsider" is like my jam

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I have no idea what happened in Father Frost, but at least no one touched any water.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I thought Santa’s summer house would be horrid, but it tells a very simple story without lingering on anything in particular. It takes balls to cast Santa and Mrs. clause as two normal looking people though.

Also, it does the “Scrooge learns to be good person“ scene with every main character. Sequentially. These are the only good scenes in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Santa's Summer House has a crazy cast. Cynthia Rothrock, Yung Woo (a Survivor runner up) and Daniel Bernhardt, a great stuntman who started in MST3Ks Future War and a bunch of Bloodsport movies.