Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1478125476107354112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love MJ and Bridget's shorts. From My Mother Was Never a Kid:

MJ: "For Mother's Day I got you an After-School Special, even though you're not my mother!"
Bridget: "Oh, thank you!"
MJ: "Even though people usually think that."

:allears:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/DumbIndustries/status/1478407574076768258

Speaking of Mary Jo and after school specials... TONIGHT

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/DumbIndustries/status/1478407574076768258

Speaking of Mary Jo and after school specials... TONIGHT

Jay Underwood and Bernie Kopek? Sign me the gently caress up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I love MJ and Bridget's shorts. From My Mother Was Never a Kid:

MJ: "For Mother's Day I got you an After-School Special, even though you're not my mother!"
Bridget: "Oh, thank you!"
MJ: "Even though people usually think that."

:allears:

Every single one of the catty jabs between them (and the one with Beez) are fantastic.

"So you went to prom" keeps going through my head.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bridget and Mary Jo stuff is fun because they usually don't do absolutely dire movies and mainly focus on cheesy bad.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Bridget and Mary Jo stuff is fun because they usually don't do absolutely dire movies and mainly focus on cheesy bad.

They also feel really extemporaneous, like they're watching and reacting for the first time . It just feels really natural.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
They have such a natural rapport and really do sound like close longtime friends, it's so charming to hear. MJ's simulwatches on her Twitch channel are fun times too, for really off-the-cuff riffing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's riff is the home release of Amityville: The Evil Escapes. It is a goofy rear end movie where an evil lamp drives a plumbing truck in order to hide a murder.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else use the Roku app? For some reason now whenever I try to watch a feature length riff it has subtitles. This is a recent development as it wasn't doing it last week.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Roku? I hardly know ku!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Check your Roku accessibility settings. Sometimes mine gets set to “subtitles always on” and it goes across platforms.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Just resubbed to the Rifftrax twitch channel yesterday and then today the channel is suspended, money well spent!

I'm assuming that the twitch bots detected a single copyrighted song in a movie that was playing and shut the channel down. Because that's the world we live in now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

King Vidiot posted:

Just resubbed to the Rifftrax twitch channel yesterday and then today the channel is suspended, money well spent!

I'm assuming that the twitch bots detected a single copyrighted song in a movie that was playing and shut the channel down. Because that's the world we live in now.

They have channels on Pluto and Shoutfactory TV.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Hanging out in chat was half the fun. If I just wanted streaming Rifftrax I'd watch an internet channel or watch riffs on Prime or Rifftrax Friends.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Jose Oquendo posted:

They have channels on Pluto and Shoutfactory TV.

So does Samsung TV.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Hanging out in chat was half the fun. If I just wanted streaming Rifftrax I'd watch an internet channel or watch riffs on Prime or Rifftrax Friends.

I still remember the chat reaction from the first time I saw the end of Zimby the Swamp Boy on their twitch channel. It really can add to the experience.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

All I know is that they are working on it.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Canned Panda posted:

All I know is that they are working on it.

If you check their official twitter's "tweets and replies" today, this is a solid joke.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ccubed posted:

If you check their official twitter's "tweets and replies" today, this is a solid joke.

I'm sure they've reported it to Twitch who, well, are Twitch.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://twitter.com/rifftrax/status/1480959510038528000?s=21

WHY GONE?
"Accidental nudity" and "child nudity" due to a short featuring naked babies ("Oh Boy! Babies!"). Rather than censor it, we've just removed it from rotation. Maybe it will come back in an edited form, but it's unlikely."

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 11, 2022

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Golden Bee posted:

WHY GONE?
"Accidental nudity" and "child nudity" due to a short featuring naked babies ("Oh Boy! Babies!"). Rather than censor it, we've just removed it from rotation. Maybe it will come back in an edited form, but it's unlikely."

So they aren't gonna riff Pretty Baby?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

WHY GONE?

Laffo, but I get it so far as Twitch is concerned.

Watched the Amityville 4 riff. What a boring lamp to build a film around

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite part is how the lamp wasn't built evil so originally it was just a weird hosed up looking lamp.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have a code for a copy the Wizard of Oz riff, and will give the first person who PMs me the code.

Contest is over. Do not enter!

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 15, 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Fugitive Rage is one of the funniest things they've done in ages. There have been some really funny movies, some funny riffs, but rarely one that combines both as perfectly as this one.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I have another code for Wizard of Oz, and also a month's subscription to Rifftrax Friends. PM me if you want either of them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Fugitive Rage is one of the funniest things they've done in ages. There have been some really funny movies, some funny riffs, but rarely one that combines both as perfectly as this one.

Fine, Ill buy it

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I also have a code for Wizard of Oz, and won't be using my Rifftrax Friends code. Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite Riffs they've done, so whoever doesn't have it, should take the code from me and take a listen. PM me for one or the other please.

IUG fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 15, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

It is very goofy how multiple times fights are broken up by someone firing a shotgun into the ceiling.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, I'm not one to complain but the main character wasn't really a fugitive at any point in the movie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

You know, I'm not one to complain but the main character wasn't really a fugitive at any point in the movie.

So it's like a reverse No Retreat, No Surrender situation where it featured plenty of both?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fugitive Rage was fun but I feel like there was at least one lengthy prison shower scene that was cut from the Rifftrax version. Just a hunch.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

IUG posted:

I also have a code for Wizard of Oz, and won't be using my Rifftrax Friends code. Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite Riffs they've done, so whoever doesn't have it, should take the code from me and take a listen. PM me for one or the other please.

No one asked for Wizard of Oz, so here's the code for whoever wants to steal it.
MSTOzrn7YY8Uz
Use at: https://rifftrax.com/MakeMoreMST3K

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dangerous Men is...an experience. One of the goofiest things about the movie, to me, is the fact that it came out in 2005, has a calendar saying 'December 1995' and looks like it was made in 1985.

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Dangerous Men is...an experience. One of the goofiest things about the movie, to me, is the fact that it came out in 2005, has a calendar saying 'December 1995' and looks like it was made in 1985.

Yes.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489015/trivia?item=tr0584489

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RiffTrax is running a 'more you spend, more you save' sale this weekend. https://www.rifftrax.com/offers

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

So Dangerous Men was delayed for over thirty years and we still got....that. Amazing.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

NEW RELEASE: Winterbeast

https://www.rifftrax.com/winterbeast

quote:

Winterbeast is a real gem, in the RiffTrax sense of the word “gem.”

It’s got that rough, homemade feel of a movie made over the course of several years, including actors with different haircuts from one shot to the next, and possibly even the actors themselves changing from one shot to the next. On top of all that, it’s got claymation monsters who look nothing alike and all seem to come from different universes - or at least, different art rooms in different abandoned asylums.

Which one of these monsters is the Winterbeast? It’s pretty hard to say. But it’s up to some hapless park rangers to figure out what’s killing people on their mountain. And for some reason, they have to answer to a sadistic old lodge owner who wants to keep the mountain open, “Mayor from Jaws” style.

Much goes unexplained in Winterbeast, including a random shot of an object in a box that, um… should be kept hidden in a bedside drawer. And the hotel owner sings a song that will haunt your dreams. It all leads up to a final confrontation that’ll leave you saying “So was THAT the Winterbeast? Or…?” Suffice to say, if you liked Lycan Colony or Suburban Sasquatch, this is required viewing.

Try to figure out who, what, and why the Winterbeast is, with Mike, Kevin and Bill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Started watching Winterbeast and this movie is literally a nightmare. Nothing that is happening makes any sense. No characters are introduced, there are multiple monster fake out scenes in a row.