Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I rewatched Zindy a few weeks ago because I saw it in my library but had completely forgotten everything about it. And while it's inexcusable to forget something that batshit, I'm glad I did because taking that journey all over again really was something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bobservo posted:

Tragic that Zindy the Swamp Boy is apparently one of their worst selling riffs because that ending must be seen to be belived.

I was a little bummed by Terror at Tenkiller not doing well.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I own more of the worst sellers than the bestsellers, probably because the latter get played all the time on the Twitch channel.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

I brought my Drake posted:

I own more of the worst sellers than the bestsellers, probably because the latter get played all the time on the Twitch channel.

Yeah I own every one of the worst sellers but not all of the best sellers oddly enough.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm sure I watched Zindy a couple of times at least but that drat film just cannot find purchase among the crevasses of my brain.

Also is it me or Christopher Lee doesn't blink as Fu Manchu? It might be because of the make-up.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Me, everytime Godmonster of the Indian Flats pops up on the stream

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Tonight's free movie on YouTube is Hillbillies in a haunted house, if you're lacking in dumb people in dumb movies.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
wow, cats really isn't popular. I can't find a synched version at all, so it really must be terrible.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

By popular demand posted:

Tonight's free movie on YouTube is Hillbillies in a haunted house, if you're lacking in dumb people in dumb movies.

"People always talk about the bad parts of the Confederacy but they never mention the gowns!"

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I literally couldn't make it 10 minutes into Cats. It is completely unwatchable, even with the riffs.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If your conception of hell is endless torment 24/7 then it follows that Cats watching followed by written tests are a part of said torment.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

samcarsten posted:

wow, cats really isn't popular. I can't find a synched version at all, so it really must be terrible.

You want mine? I never post them for download anywhere but I always edit them together complete with audio ducking. If you got the riff I think just outsourcing the editing is fair.

EDIT: Though I should give a shout-out to the app, which is magical. It just isn't the same, I usually have to connect my phone to an external speaker to get the audio balance right.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

overseer07 posted:

I literally couldn't make it 10 minutes into Cats. It is completely unwatchable, even with the riffs.

As long as they kept singing and saying jellicle over and over the movie kept up some momentum and I could laugh, but as soon as they stopped that it just became a chore to watch.

I'm rewatching Galaxy Invader for like the 100th time. So good.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

AvesPKS posted:

Cinematic Titanic's Alien Factor is by the same director and both really scratch an itch.

"You make me wish my sister and I never had kids!"

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Are they going to release the Swamp Thing live special?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I was just wondering that last night chatting with someone at the Weird Al concert. Isn't it usually a month later?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Around 60 days according to the Kickstarter

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

overseer07 posted:

I endured the embarassment of renting Crossroads. I can do this.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have legal copies of the Cats riff and of the movie Cats but I just can't bother myself to synch it myself. I don't know if it's apathy or a defense mechanism.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AvesPKS posted:

As long as they kept singing and saying jellicle over and over the movie kept up some momentum and I could laugh, but as soon as they stopped that it just became a chore to watch.

We got obsessed with Joe's shirt when we first found Galaxy Invader in a dollar DVD bin. Incredible film.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Cole Stratton & Janet Varney are back with Rifftrax Presents.

This time with Ladyhawke.

https://www.rifftrax.com/ladyhawke

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Ooh I remember liking this movie as a kid.
Pity that riffing a competent film is not terribly amusing.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Anyone who's a 372 pages podcast fan will also remember Ladyhawke, though not fondly.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

By popular demand posted:

Ooh I remember liking this movie as a kid.
Pity that riffing a competent film is not terribly amusing.

I dunno, I liked their riff of Jaws.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dawgstar posted:

I dunno, I liked their riff of Jaws.

The Casablanca riff is great imo, but I think the guys don't like it.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
The Kino Lorber sale this weekend includes a Blu-Ray edition of The Apple.

https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/shocktober-sale-2022

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't know how many times I've seen the Apple riff on the Riff stream, and I still can't decide if I love or hate that movie.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So you enjoy it's awfulness, ain't nothing to be ashamed of.
Welcome to the forums, we got strange tastes.

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Trying to find a good Halloween appropriate Rifftrax episode for a movie I haven't seen yet :spooky: :spooky: :spooky:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Have you seen Winterbeast? It's an experience.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Snuff Melange posted:

Trying to find a good Halloween appropriate Rifftrax episode for a movie I haven't seen yet :spooky: :spooky: :spooky:

- Ghosthouse
- The Last Slumber Party
- Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare
- The Night That Dracula Saved the World
- Hillbillys in a Haunted House
- Ice Cream Man
- Blood Theater
- Jacko

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Blood Theatre
Arachnids
Grizzly

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

- Day of the Animals
- Split Second
- Zombie Nightmare
- Things
- Teenage Space Vampires
- Breeders
- Jack-O
- Beaks

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Another Bill posted:

Blood Theatre

Blood theater blood theater blood theater blood theater

Blooooooood theeeeeeeaaaaaaatre
x3

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gavok posted:

- Blood Theater

Four screens?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

No waiting!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

:siren: NEW JANET & COLE RIFF :siren:

They freaking riffed LADYHAWKE

quote:

Hawk by day. Wolf by Night. Screenplay by committee.

Richard “Goonies” Donner helmed this mess of an ‘80s fantasy film starring Matthew Broderick (Ferris Bueller-ing his way through medieval times with a Yonkers accent) as a young thief who aids cursed lovers Michelle Pfeiffer (just a few years away from sitting on chairs backwards in Dangerous Minds) and Rutger Hauer (acting the minimum required from a replicant).

Add Alfred “Doc Ock” Molina as a creepy hunter, John Wood as a Bishop about as lifelike as a PEZ dispenser, and Leo McKern as a monk with an ASMR breathing problem and you’ve got a movie that can only be described as “a backdrop for a bizarre synth soundtrack by Alan Parsons pressing 'Demo' on a Casio keyboard.”

Janet Varney (“The Legend of Korra”) and Cole Stratton (The Legend of Billie Jean - he watched it once) battle their way back into the RiffTrax booth after a long hiatus to poke affectionate fun at another mid-80s gem.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Canned Panda posted:

:siren: NEW JANET & COLE RIFF :siren:

They freaking riffed LADYHAWKE

Thanks for posting the summary blurb, I would have skipped it otherwise. I vaguely remember seeing this in the 90s

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Saw this when I was a wee lad. Kinda wish the big 3 riffed it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

MrMidnight posted:

Saw this when I was a wee lad. Kinda wish the big 3 riffed it tbh

Janet & Cole are really good with the 80s movies.