Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seriously, Berserker spends so much time on backstory it doesn't have time for present day story. Also WHERE DID THAT BABY COME FROM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rirse posted:

Guess nobody cares about the new riff on one of the movies they did for Filmcrew?

Killers from Space is one of my favorite bad sci-fi movies from that era. It’s perfect mst3k/RiffTrax fodder. I’m surprised it was never on MST3K. My guess would be they couldn’t clear the film rights.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
I'm going to wait for the next big discount thing, which will probably give plenty of time to my mentally enslaved human to formulate a plan to destroy me.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Here's something that was pointed out to me recently. For some reason the conference room scene in ROTOR is filled with Beach Boys references. Every character and their institutions are named after members of the band and places they lived or worked, and a number of song titles are dropped into the dialogue, like "I Get Around," "God Only Knows," "Rock and Roll to the Rescue," and more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx0-9hX9xEw&t=386s

Barudak
May 7, 2007

oh my god thats why he says the incredibly akward bit sbout the "good vibration" that had always made me laugh.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Valentine's day sale and it's time to show our love to Rifftrax:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So how many civilizations is Yor going to destroy before this movie is over? So far at least three...

“Tell paleontologists I was covered in feathers!”

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RiffTrax dropped a teaser about the 2019 season of Live shows!

This year, we will be getting three through the Kickstarter, and they will be announced on Tuesday. Better yet, all three of them will have VoDs!

I can't wait to see what we are going to get this year.

Also, here is the updated master list of the VoDs available for free with Amazon Prime (at least in the US)

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 18, 2019

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Canned Panda posted:

RiffTrax dropped a teaser about the 2019 season of Live shows!

This year, we will be getting three through the Kickstarter, and they will be announced on Tuesday. Better yet, all three of them will have VoDs!

I can't wait to see what we are going to get this year.

Also, here is the updated master list of the VoDs available for free with Amazon Prime

Either Canada has a different lineup, or you’ve missed a few.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Deadguy2322 posted:

Either Canada has a different lineup, or you’ve missed a few.

As far as I know, Canada has a different selection.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 18, 2019

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Starting my day with Christmas Circus might have been a mistake, around the midpoint i got a clear mental image of a pantomime Christmas tree laying in wait for the clown with a sniper rifle. I cannot taste my coffee.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
372 pages is really funny y'all

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Indeed it is, That's where I found out that the Ready Player One movie actually improved some things on the book.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

By popular demand posted:

Indeed it is, That's where I found out that the Ready Player One movie actually improved some things on the book.

Like dropping the masturbation screed...

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Canned Panda posted:

As far as I know, Canada has a different selection.

The most notable one I saw wasn’t on your list was The Amazing Dr. X, which was a mediocre Rifftrax Present with Bridgette and Mary-Jo, so you guys aren’t missing much.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

By popular demand posted:

The RPO movie is decent if dumb, which is a God damned achievement given the book.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The RPO movie is decent if dumb, which is a God damned achievement given the book.

A book so bad that Spielberg Spielberging up the adaptation improved it is not something I ever thought I would witness!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mister Kingdom posted:

Yeah, I have no problem with [Elliot] and he works well with Ian Potter.

Just discovered they've both written new Doctor Who adventures for the audio company Big Finish. I like their works for them.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Deadguy2322 posted:

The most notable one I saw wasn’t on your list was The Amazing Dr. X, which was a mediocre Rifftrax Present with Bridgette and Mary-Jo, so you guys aren’t missing much.

I thought The Amazing Mr. X was pretty good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Paper Kaiju posted:

It sure goes to some weird loving places.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why, but the Catwomen on the Moon is deeply disturbing to me. It's a standard "we visited the aliens and now they want to conquer Earth" movie. But something about it causes me to bail early on.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

I don't know why, but the Catwomen on the Moon is deeply disturbing to me. It's a standard "we visited the aliens and now they want to conquer Earth" movie. But something about it causes me to bail early on.

Is it the "romance" or the complete patronization of women?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I ever make it to the romance, I usually quit between the hairbrush scene and first contact.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Paper Kaiju posted:

muscles like this! posted:

It sure goes to some weird loving places.

Didn’t he end up on a space station wanting to apologize to a Narn? That totally lost me.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
haven't seen it, but you may be thinking of dr. x

mr. x was the good bridget and mj one about the psychic

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

RiffTrax will perform 3 Live Shows in 2019 simulcast to 700+ movie theaters nationwide: OCTAMAN, STAR RAIDERS & GIANT SPIDER INVASION!

e: "Packers won the super bowl!"

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I hope they go even further with the Packers jokes.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Anyone have any experience with the other two movies? Weird for them to go with something that just came out two years ago.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

They did Sharknado an year after its release.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
That VIP package is tempting, but that's way too much money (though it is for 2 people and you get to go to two shows...).

I just passed the 1 year mark at this new job, and I actually have to travel to Nashville once a quarter to be at HQ for a week for no real reason (it's their money...). I'm supposed to visit again in April, so I'm going to try to sync that up with Octaman and get tickets. Cheapest way to do it, work's paying for my airfare and hotel, I'd just need to get an Uber over to the theater.

The other two might not work out as nicely, my next trip is usually in July, so early June and mid-August are a bit awkward. Might be able to push it back and shoot for August, though.....

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

Anyone have any experience with the other two movies? Weird for them to go with something that just came out two years ago.

No, but holy poo poo I need to see this riffed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo23kaSEfdY

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

25% funded

three hours after announcement the campaign is halfway there

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 19, 2019

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

ringu0 posted:

They did Sharknado an year after its release.

True enough, though it was more of an understanding outlier due to being a cultural phenomenon at the time.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm sticking to the $30 pack. I just can't justify paying 75$ for three riffs if the riffs will only cost $15 in the store.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm doing the $50 just because I want that sweet sweet coin.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Vaaaaaaaaaaaaance

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

And Kickstarter goal has been hit. Time to roll out the stretch goals.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought the coin was $90?

Edit: Oh, the pin is $90. I can do $50 for riffs and the coin.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 21, 2019

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, do they not sell the old commentary of The Room anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Breadallelogram posted:

Oh, do they not sell the old commentary of The Room anymore?

Apparently not, but it is in my library.

Also, the Disembaudio Lunch Box is on sale for $69.