Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Joel is a Christian

So you're saying we won't be able to get him to riff Mathew 5-7, the Sermon on the Mount?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How is mr. x? A must own?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A movie where you root for the Iranian secret police and Stasi in addition to the KGB and CIA.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The suggestions so far are pretty solid. Here are a few more.

At Your Fingertips, Grass is obligatory.

Ghost Rider is about a ghost of a girl who died in a bus crash lecturing a boy on proper bus safety. Then the bus almost drives off a cliff.

Zlateh the goat has a kid drinking goat milk from the source.

The shorts One Turkey, Two Turkey; and Monkey See have interesting musical numbers. I'd go with Monkey See personally.

More Dangerous than Dynamite is weird to modern sensibilities where we don't wash clothes with gasoline.

Paper and I, This is Hormel, and Three Magic Words are demented in their own ways. I don't know how you'd choose from the three of them.

Edit: Come to think of it, you could go with three shorter lists. A top 10 "Why was this made?" list, and top 10 "What were the writers thinking?" list, and top 10 "WTF!" list. For example, This is Hormel and The Domestic Behavior of Pigs are definitely "WTF" but it's easy to tell why they were made and what the writers were thinking.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 11, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
When it comes to Bridget and Mary Jo shorts, it's hard to narrow things down. Maybe consider adding The Relaxed Wife + Consuming Women and Flash that Smile to a list? The former is a drug advertisement, the latter is about dancing your way to proper dental hygiene.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CapnBry posted:

(heavy sigh) Norman Krasner, the original short (Not the first one riffed but I think the Norman short). A short film about a man who needs to poop but can't afford it, finds out the guy in the next stall is DTF after feeling him up, wipes his rear end with the Mona Lisa, and is forever imprisoned.

I don't know if it is anywhere close to the funniest riff but this is certainly a strange short. And why is it black and white in 1974?!

They were cheap short films that HBO commissioned as time filler.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Danger Keep Out!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The toymaker as allegory for God is messed up because it implies God is a puppet master who starts and stops violence on a whim.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Will the problem be fixed by the pst showing? Should I try for the encore?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The discounts look like they'd add to 30% off but it's slightly less because of the way math works. E.g., 10-30% = 7. ((10-15%)-10%)-5% = 7.27

I keep forgetting that and then wind up confused when the riffs cost slightly more than I'd calculated in my head. Because it seems like it'd be so straightforward.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What was the point of The Baggs?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

I'm a black guy in a horror movie, I may as well head straight to the morgue.

Hope this thread is for quotes.

It can be for quotes too, which riff is that from?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The new Rifftrax Presents has high marks. Maybe this means the two Brits have learned how to pace their comedy better.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Janet Varney got a credit but I don't remember seeing her on stage.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Doublepost, I finally finished Day of the Animal. I'm incredibly disappointed with the lack of a five-minute bear fight between Leslie Neilson and a bear. But it delivered a solid number of animal punches per minute.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Well, only the most interesting people seem to die so disembodio should be safe.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll take The Last Shark over The Last Slumber Party any way.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It also has a musical ode to short films and a best-of clip reel of past shorts.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The price of admission is admittedly high for us plebs, but Paul's chauffeur has to be paid somehow.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's not celery, I can tell you that much.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was a fun riff.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did he avoid every bit of marketing material saying that it was going to be riffed?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just figured it was the guys revenge fantasies, post lobotomy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The movie codes and school code should work for a few more days. A 15%, 10%, and 5% discount. Which somehow works out to less than a 30% discount because math is hard.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Baggs was a reminder that we are all sinners in gods eyes.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's not to get. God sends an angel and his pretend rock bad to get murdered as a way to set up a final confirmation between a rock Sweed and a clay demon in order to let the souls of ratboy and ovenmom come to rest.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
But how is it? And how is the latest Bridget & Mary-Jo feature riff?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That looks gloriously corny.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
For some reason, I had to use Microsoft Edge to subscribe to the drip because Chrome wouldn't finish signing in. Has that happened to anyone else?

Edit: MST3K thread is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784246

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 24, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't get why they used her as a narrator and why they'd use that performance.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm still holding out hope for a riff of Little Red Riding Hood and Tom Thumb verse the Monsters

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did you say "if I didn't laugh than I'd cry"?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else had problems accessing the Rifftrax D.rip thru Chrome? I can only log in to the site thru Microsoft Edge.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wish I Believe in Santa Claus would get the Rifftrax Live treatment.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why isn't there a movie about the killer ghost of Michael Keaton?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone recommend some underappreciated riffs or even right presents?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yes, and it is a glorious short

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The lack of racist caracatures was refreshing.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry, the narrator does that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do I hate myself enough to pay for and watch Rollergator?