Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Asnorban posted:

How is the Samurai Cop riff?

Not as good as R.O.T.O.R., which might be one of the funniest things I've ever watched, but it's solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

As far as I know he was basically a guest writer and not in the room for every episode.

All the "guest writers" watched the movie they were assigned and sent their jokes via email.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Billy Gnosis posted:

Malcom McDowell sure would do your movie for 3 hots and a cot back then wouldn't he?

"Back then?"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And I do recall that there were plenty of times Mike made a riff during his MST3K run that were definitely not 100% positive about religion, etc., and certainly Kevin/Trace/Bill also made plenty of anti-religious/anti-Republican riffs that Mike appeared to be OK with, so I dunno if this is just something that developed after he left MST3K or if he was just quietly seething at the time. But either way, Joel's absolutely right about how talented Mike was and is.

Mike has always been fairly open about his libertarian bent.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jeeeeeeeeesus.

https://twitter.com/DougTenNapel/status/1273263987845730305

https://twitter.com/DougTenNapel/status/1273292941470113792

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

By popular demand posted:

I always knew Doug was going to explode, he really isn't made for a post dark ages world.

I literally only knew him as the guy who created Earthworm Jim until a day or two ago.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, Frank had a heart attack a while back and some lifestyle changes were forced on him if he wanted to keep, you know, living. I believe he's vegan now, but vegetarian for sure.

He also spent more than a decade living really heavily, drinking and drugging. He's been clean for 30-something years, now, though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Diabolik900 posted:

I’m a little conflicted on this whole mess. On the one hand I’ve never heard of this Doug guy before, and even in the original blog post that described this whole mess I found if notable that Mike was apparently not on all the episodes where the worst stuff was discussed. On the other hand, it sounds like it was well known that this guy was a piece of poo poo, and someone who knew him personally should’ve been aware of his issues even if they didn’t listen to those specific podcast episodes. I want to give Mike a chance, but it feels like a bit of a cop out to plead ignorance? I don’t know.

As I said earlier, Mike's libertarian leanings have been known, even since when he was hosting MST3K and occasionally interacting with fans. Beyond that, he literally suffers from a chronic headache almost all day, every day, and I imagine that severely limits his online time. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just FYI this is the reason Bill W. got a credit in early seasons of MST3K.

I went into detox and rehab on March 23, 2009, I am very much a friend of Bill W. :)