Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Sentient burlap bags, what do you THINK it was?

Baggs. Two "g"s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sadly, they're not allowed to release the actual Live show.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is there any reason to not just merge the threads? I can't imagine that there's a lot of people who only like one of MST3k or Rifftrax, but not the other.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

I thought I was prepared for Fun in Balloonland.

I was not.

Fun in Balloonland is one of my favorite playing-in-the-background rifftrax.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Please; I could do Birdemic standing on my head.

Rollergator, on the other hand...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

Do I hate myself enough to pay for and watch Rollergator?
Speaking as someone who did and did, no you don't. It honestly took me three tries to power through that one. As in I had to stop, leave it for like a day, then come back to it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

I watched the Improve Your Pronunciation short via Night of the Shorts and I have never been angrier watching a Rifftrax video.
Bob account spotted.

Game, set...Blandford. :smuggo:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Are we winning? :ohdear:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

That is 1985 alright.

I like how the trailer just keeps going.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This week's release Dark Future looks pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBj0DOALPo

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This may be the least sensical movie I've seen in a while.

So it's the future, where something happened and androids took over and have enslaved humans in some sort of theme park where they can gently caress humans. They keep people in historical-themed areas, with such evocative settings as Either Flapper 20's Or Western, India, and the ever-popular Flaming Barrels In Trash-Strewn Alleys.

So many flaming barrels...

Anyway a baby is born for the first time in a long time apparently even though most of the humans are in their mid-30s to early 40s. Except for all the guys who look like Dads.

Also this movie was made in 1994 somehow.

e: also there are wizard-looking guys for some reason now?

e2: At least 80% of this woman's lines are variations on "Give me back my baby!"

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 14, 2018

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

rickiep00h posted:

I thought it made more sense on a beat-to-beat basis, but holy poo poo if them space witches could have just fixed the whole thing instead of all those dang explosions and deaths and people being cryogenically frozen for no apparent reason that would have been neat.
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the Ballarians were added to the movie after it was finished to try and "fix" all the plot holes. Which would explain why they never appear in a scene with any of the major characters apart from the one with Cameron Mitchell.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Watched it too the other day for the first time. On Rifftrax's Twitch channel. Its just as bad as I heard.

But a true gem I found was Guy From Harlem.
The fight scenes are hilariously terrible. Worse than Shatner ones.
Guy From Harlem is amazing. It's one of those things you watch and have to ask yourself "were any of these people even aware of the concept of a movie?"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

Anyone have any experience with the other two movies? Weird for them to go with something that just came out two years ago.

No, but holy poo poo I need to see this riffed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo23kaSEfdY

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jesus these shorts are loving insane.

e:

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 2, 2019

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So I just watched Blood Theater.

I'm starting to think that Rick Sloan may not be good at making movies.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

That puppet phone short was truly something special.
I can't wait for the digital release because need a screengrab of the puppet giving the camera the side-eye when the kid was using the pay phone.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ewen Cluney posted:

How Did This Get Made did an episode about the movie (which led to them having a T-shirt for sale that said "What exactly is a Street Fighter?"), and apparently Raul Julia was in the process of dying during filming, so he would sit there most of the time, and then just kind of switch on and become Bison as soon as it was time to roll camera. I don't think anyone else could've yelled "GAME OVER!" with a straight face, much less with the utter conviction he radiated.
He took the role because the production company offered him a pretty large amount of money, and he wanted to make sure his family would be taken care of after he died.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I actually have a blu-ray of The Visitor I still haven't watched. I bought it on recommendation of the Alamo Drafthouse's "batshit insane" collection.

The posters fuckin' rule, though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dangit, and I already used my gift card for Feeders!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

Which Riffs do you rewatch most?

I always go back to their Harry Potter riffs since I have always disliked the HP movie and their mockery brings me extra joy.

Fun in Balloonland is great background listening for when I'm playing a game or something.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Was that the one where Rifftrax ended up promoting it against their will?
Yeah, they had a sketch during the Manos Live that was removed from the digital/DVD releases.

e: oh god I just remembered that at they end they had a video of Torgo signing "Take It Easy" on top of that.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe they should have done a dry run or something before doing the full show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

They Will Not Win, because the page isn't loading for me :argh: