Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Ballz posted:

Also it might be blasphemy, but I like the Rifftrax Live version of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians more than the original MST3K episode. I think it's the There Will Be Blood jokes that do it for me.

The updated riffs on classics are pretty awesome, I've enjoyed the ones I've seen

Like I was a young kid/didn't have cable when the show was in its heyday, so I was late to the MST3K party. Over the last few years I've watched some of the originals on youtube where they annotated the origin of every joke and was surprised by just how many I didn't really get, still, in present day as an adult (I just loaded up Mitchell and in the first minute of movie there are riffs on both the watergate scandal and some lady who hosed yanni?? I understood half of one, and some negative quantity of the other)

The fact that kid-me grew to love the show anyway speaks to the quality of their entertainment!

e: also I really like lovely movies

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Is Uninvited a good (bad) movie to goof on by itself without the commentary? My bf isn't into Rifftrax but it sounds like a potentially amazing thing to hang out and drink beer to.

If it's one of those films where it's less interesting than its premise leads it to sound, I'll just watch the RT version by myself.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Spiker came out 2 years ago but this is the first I'd heard about it, which kinda speaks to its quality. Definitely not worth a rewatch but, eh, I finished it, it was fine

My movie quality expectations had cratered pretty loving hard tho, because immediately prior to that I'd attempted the legendary Rollergator, officially made it 20 minutes. What in the gently caress could possibly fill the remaining hour? I'll never know :v:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I only tried just-the-jokes once when the app that was supposed to sync it automatically gave everyone a few star wars riffs for free. That was a longass time ago and maybe it's been improved since then, but it kept loving up on me

I enjoy the VOD shorts and weird b-movies far more than blockbusters anyhow, that's why I loved mst3k after all

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

IUG posted:

That sucks, but on the other hand, lol @ those view numbers in that time period.

some months back youtube suggested one of tax's livestreams and I clicked on it out of morbid curiosity because I'm incapable of keeping my hands out the trash; there were sub-20 people watching him being drunk and yelling, he looked like absolute poo poo

keep living that dream :allears:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Davros1 posted:

My favorite YouTube videos are the ones who tell you "Don't buy this business' food! I'll show you how to make one at home that's better!" (i.e. "Don't buy a Big Mac! I'll show you how to make one at home that's better!") And then the whole thing turns out to be this incredibly involved, time consuming, and expensive ordeal.

The zucchini thing drives me nuts because frozen food by design is for when you don't have the time/energy to cook from scratch. Sure you can trash up your entire kitchen with breading and frying stations instead of just throwing this poo poo in the oven and it's obviously going to be a few cents cheaper and taste better but that's missing the point

Kitchen Witch was one of the first shorts I purchased and remains one of my all-time favorites

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

It's $10 gift card time, check your email!

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

MrMidnight posted:

I poo poo you not, I was afraid that I was going to damage my lungs/ribs every time that old bartender lady spoke. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

Okay, y'all need to let me know what film you're talking about because I don't think I've seen it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

The Paradise Motel

Speaking of, the stars of Paradise Motel also made a terrible science fiction movie, Robo Woman.

Thanks, this one looks great, I totally missed it coming out!