Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Don't eat yellow snow!

Made in America!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

I came across the Hawk the Slayer soundtrack on youtube today. I can't believe how actually great it is. It's very derivative of Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds concept album which I also like, so it scratches a very specific itch for me. Shame the movie is so dull. I love this corny orchestra with synths on top of a disco beat stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQsNtec0x2Q

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

I think I would have enjoyed the movie if there was even a hint of high adventure like the music indicates, no matter how poorly rendered. It's mostly just expressionless hero dude getting the band back together by teleporting around the same acre of forest and killing bandits. It's like the beginning of an RPG. Jack Palance was great though.

Sourdough Sam fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 21, 2022

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

1990 Bronx Warriors has been showing up on the Twitch channel lately and it kinda owns? Escape 2000 from MST3K is the sequel to this one. This movie is more of a ripoff of The Warriors than Escape From NY but it's crisp and stylishly shot, like they actually used quality film stock and not that yellow stained flyspeck covered stuff you see in other low budget Italian films. It must've been restored recently.

Kinda weird that they put Nazi iconography on our hero's gang though. What's up with that Italy? :catstare:

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Funniest and most uncomfortable part of those Teen Agers movies is when the owner of the teen's club goes "The kids are gonna sing a spiritual now" and then 30 or so white kids sing "Swing low sweet chariot" to a room full of only white people.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Paul is not Paul anymore!

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Shodan tortures all the captives on the citadel of love.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

It can't be overstated how much pop culture of the 20th century saved us from the horrors of "The Marrying Turkey" and "Mrs.Patchpockets" becoming mainstays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Tourist Trap is on the twitch channel now. I actually like this movie. Chuck Connors is having a great time and the score is both madcap and eerie.