Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Our theater is surprisingly empty. I think it's because more than one theater in this area does this now, there uses to just be one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Same. Accidentally got one of theirs because I wasn't paying attention, was not a fan. Same with their section of the big Justice League riff.

Willing to give Janet Varney a shot, though. I know nothing about Cole Stratton, but she's grown on me in recent months after she popped up on and episode Harmonquest.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Finally watched Merlin the Return. I have no idea what the gently caress I just witnessed.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Have they given any indication of when they're going to do the Ready Player One riff? I remember that was unlocked in the live show kickstarter, as was The Last Jedi. They already did the latter a while ago, so hopefully soon?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

RandomPauI posted:

Does this mean there's hope yet for a riff of "surviving edged weapons"?

Edit: for context, the testimonials and autopsy photos are depressing and awful so they would need to be cut.

Scenes that would stay in the film include Porsche driving assassin whose clothes are lined with all the knives, Canadian doing a traffic stop, and the "ain't gonna die in no ghetto" speech.

As long as they leave in the guy with the medieval sword, that's fine. And the satanic ritual.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
A Talking Cat has arrived!

Guess I know one thing I'm doing this weekend.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Ms Boods posted:

ETA -- Christ, Johnny Whitaker is only 58?! He's only five years older than I am -- holy cow. Although looking at his wikipedia page, he's had a hell of a ride and came close to ending up like his co-star. Looks like he's put all that behind him now, so more power to him, even if he ended up in this silly movie :unsmith:

He looks like if Rodney Dangerfield and Peter Griffin got in a Star Trek transporter accident a la Tuvix.

Holy poo poo that was one of the best ones they've done in a while. Also, thanks to mcmansionhell.com, we got a lot of additional laughs out of tearing apart that hideous house.

Also, David DeCoteau is the one who made this poo poo? No wonder I was inexplicably reminded of The Killer Eye.

BaronVonVaderham fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 29, 2018

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
First ones in our theater. My body is ready.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Second people into this enormous theater literally sit directly in front of us.....why.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Honestly I thought that was one of their better live shows, I loved it. I was just sad there were no shorts because it was so long.

It was incredibly distracting when I realized the idiot who turned into animals was the science teacher from Willy Wonka.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
"He looks like a feral Mr. Bean" killed me. I had JUST leaned over and whispered to my friend that he looks way too much like Rowan Atkinson.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Finally got around to Ice Cream Man......what the gently caress did I just watch.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Barudak posted:

Can we talk about how nearly every line out of Dective Cold Iron’s mouth in R.O.T.O.R. is like listening to a Markov Chain try to win an academy award?

The RLM guys dubbed him "Back Problems" because every line sounded like he was clenching his teeth in terrible pain.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

muscles like this! posted:

Like the comedy cop robot

Robot cop is the best character and I won't hear a word disparaging him :colbert:

I love when ROTOR gets out and robot cop just nopes the gently caress out and resigns on the spot

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
We just watched Fun In Baloon Land.....

:psyboom:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

The acting in Retro Puppet Master is so astonishingly awful.

I need to watch that one again...I had not seen The Room before I saw it, only found out it stars (oh hi) Mark after reading his book.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I really wish they could just sell the new release rifftrax as full videos instead of just the audio. I have editing these things down pat, including audio ducking and stuff, but I just want to watch this drat thing and not have to wait an hour for it to render.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I was honestly expecting more callbacks to their podcast about the book, but I appreciated the ones they used.

I'm mild troubled by how frequently they've been mentioning "brony jars", though.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
If you asked me wtf the plot of Trucker's Woman was, I could not tell you :stare:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I have had Day of the Animals in my server for ages and apparently never actually watched it....until last night.

I don't know if it's just that un-memorable, or if my brain has purged all memory of this thing from itself to protect me.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I vaguely remember him shirtless, screaming, twirling a big stick.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Jesus, I just commented a few of my favorite bad movies to procrastinate at work, and I might very soon have the top comment on this post:

Rifftrax: "Let's try something: Summarize a B-Movie you'd like us to riff in one picture."

And that's awesome. If they riff Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park because of me, I'll be buying that day 1.

EDIT: And holy poo poo I just learned thanks to another commenter that they already did Viva Knievel, a movie I discovered existed by accident a few weeks ago. I know what I'm watching this weekend now....

BaronVonVaderham fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 5, 2018

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
My favorite might be A Word to the Wives from the reunion special, but echoing everyone else I love everything they do. We get way more excited seeing a new B&MJ riff get released than for any others.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
New xmas riff!

Rifftrax posted:

The director of A Talking Cat!?! made a film about Santa. Merry Christmas!

https://www.rifftrax.com/santas-summer-house

We say this every year, but we're sorry.

It looks like it's a lot of the same actors in the same terrible McMansion.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Holy poo poo how did I not know A Talking Cat?! (interrobang necessary) was David DeCoteau.

Now I want to see these guys do "Bigfoot vs. D.B. Cooper", yet another "Eric Roberts literally phones in his role" movie. I'm noticing a theme with this director working iwth Eric Roberts....

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Totally forgot about the $10 credit from xmas, looks like the new Bridget & Mary Jo riff is free and I know what we're watching tonight.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
New Bridget & Mary Jo short. I love them, especially when they do these old 50s/60s homemaker films.

BaronVonVaderham fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 9, 2019

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Rirse posted:

Quickest I lost interest in watching a riff when reading the email and see "Matthew Elliot".

:same:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
That VIP package is tempting, but that's way too much money (though it is for 2 people and you get to go to two shows...).

I just passed the 1 year mark at this new job, and I actually have to travel to Nashville once a quarter to be at HQ for a week for no real reason (it's their money...). I'm supposed to visit again in April, so I'm going to try to sync that up with Octaman and get tickets. Cheapest way to do it, work's paying for my airfare and hotel, I'd just need to get an Uber over to the theater.

The other two might not work out as nicely, my next trip is usually in July, so early June and mid-August are a bit awkward. Might be able to push it back and shoot for August, though.....

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Anyone in here tried getting live show tickets before? Curious when those go on sale, my work trip just got approved so I'm gonna try to go.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
2019 Sketchfest video is available!

I find myself preferring shorts to full length movies lately.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

BDawg posted:

Nashville is an awesome city.

Not when I have to go there for work all the time :smith:. I can't stand farm emo and there's not much to do downtown otherwise, and they won't reimburse me to rent a car or uber somewhere else. Plus, I work from home, usually roll in at 10:30, make my own hours....loving blows living the cubicle life for a week. The food is good, at least.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out, I backed the kickstarter for that reason and my trip to headquarters is booked for that week without issue. Takes the edge off a trip if I can find something fun to look forward to, though there hasn't been a show worth seeing at TPAC in ages, at least not when I'm in town.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Oh poo poo apparently tickets went on sale....I had no idea both were happening the same week! Snagged the 2-pack of tickets, now I have something to do two of the 5 nights I'm in town :dance:.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
It's possible to just like both, or to only like one and not be an rear end in a top hat about it.

I love Wheel of the Worst probably because I prefer Rifftrax Shorts....very similar material, except now it's the bizarre world of 90s VHS instructional videos instead of 50s/60s/70s filmstrips. My life is richer with the wonders of S.O.S. and Surviving Edges Weapons in it, and they're how I learned about the genius of Neil Breen and David DeCoteau, the latter of which is a weird pseudo-overlap with Rifftrax.....that's the man who made A Talking Cat!?! and Santa's Summer House, RLM did The Killer Eye and D.B. Cooper vs. Bigfoot (though each group could do another 50 movies by that nutjob and still not step on each other's toes, he has made SO MUCH).

Dawgstar posted:

One thing I do know is RLM fans hate it if you ask if they liked RiffTrax or MST3K, even though it's logical to assume the RLM guys would be at least familiar with it coming from the same general area.

To be fair, that's most groups of fans nowadays. It's entirely possible to not like a thing and just move on with your life, but if you'll direct your attention to the last Star Wars movie backlash....I'm apparently wrong and we're all doomed.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
drat it. I really don't like how they're doing tickets for the live shows. You need to go to the box office starting at noon to get a number that is your spot in line, then you come back before 6pm to line up in that order.

I loving work all day and am barely going to just get down to the theater in time. I'm gonna be stuck behind a pillar in the back corner :smith:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

They made a sequel years later and brought back just about everyone, including a character who gets killed in the first movie (they pull the "it was my brother" card.)

True dat.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Canned Panda posted:

They are taping Star Raiders tonight for broadcast on June 6.

This. I was able to take a fake lunch break to rush over in a Lyft and snag my line ticket for tonight. Spot 127 isn't awful...not exactly getting front few rows, but not going to be stuck in a back corner either.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Well gently caress, my fat rear end shows up in the credits for Star Raiders now, I forgot they went down the line with a camera before the show.

That was one of the best shows they've done in a while, you're in for a treat in a few months. The short they lead with was also great.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
That was amazing, I'm so glad I got tickets to both shows to make this trip less lovely. I'll have to do it again next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Or how they shot him repeatedly and it had no effect....until suddenly shooting him works just fine (sort of, he can just stumble around for a few minutes and casually wander back into the water).