Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i can watch "guy from harlem" all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
maybe they are being safe in their "parody" designation by also altering the movie?
they seem pretty nice, i doubt they're loving with you guys on purpose

muscles like this! posted:

While the new one was still good you can definitely tell they're doing something different with the recording as there's much less playing off each other as there used to be.
which makes NO sense because, as we all learned in the "a talking cat?!?" episode, they all live together in the rifftrax house.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

AvesPKS posted:

I love the musical stings that start happening for no reason that Bill gets increasingly mad at.

Also I researched Uninvited last night and still couldn't figure out why they all got on the boat.
criminals needed to flee the country.
the captain gets the boat if she takes them
the women want a trip and the criminals are using them for cover ("we're not fleeing officer: there's women on board")
the women invited strange young men to protect them from the criminals while they're at sea (because of the implications)
and the cat because they like cats
i don't remember why the criminals let the strange young men come along

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

NikkolasKing posted:

What do you all think of solo riffs? I was interested in the Predator riff until I learned it's just Mike doing it himself.

I dunno, I love hearing their banter back and forth and laugh at each others' jokes
when rifftrax first started it was mike alone and he used to throw out a lot of trivia and factoids as well as jokes and it i thought it was pretty cool
*holds signed canival of souls dvd* I'm not old, i'm not old

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
as many jokes as they make about the "stoic farmer that loved his wife so much he almost told her" i get that vibe from mike, he seems like he was born an old man and only wants to complain about people who "kick up a fuss". if you listen to him or read his books he is very much in the "there's no need to shout" demographic, i never read or heard anything of his that was specifically anti-(whatever) but he sure will make fun of someone for being loud. like, from his writings, he seems to be someone that just doesn't speak up and looks down on people who do.
i remember reading about mike being hired as a temp and, when his time at MST was up, he just quietly went back to his temp job until joel and the rest realized he wasn't there and reached out to him. he just seems like a funny, kinda dim guy that doesn't really think about these issues much.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
and it was a very cheery exchange
"look what mike is doing!"
"mike this isn't ok!"
"ok, i'll try better!"
"CANCEL CULTURE GONE MAD!!!"

they boycott stuff all the drat time, they're just jealous we got a cooler name

it sucks but people got to realize it's no longer acceptable to sit on the sidelines for anyone, people are dying, it's time to pick a side

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
hey, that's still longer than he held any tension in the first book

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Moe_Rahn posted:

So I've watched Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny like three times now thanks to the PlutoTV Rifftrax channel, and I just have one question:
what
(and I cannot stress this enough)
THE gently caress
which version of santa and the ice cream bunny?

there are two.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
they're playing the '98" godzilla" while we wait for the "stranger things" rifftrax to begin.

you need to be on "chrome", download "scener" and log into your "netflix" account

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ringu0 posted:

Can you stream it to Chromecast... somehow? Never used this scener thing.
i don't believe so, i'm not very good at technology though. it's a chrome extension though, so probably not

edit: HAHA! they make a "why couldn't it have been trump tower??" joke after a building blows up in the godzilla riff from 2014!

edit edit: guy just said chromecast isn't fully supported but you may be able to get around it by casting your entire desktop

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 23, 2020

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the movie isn't playing any more but people are chatting

i just followed these instructions: https://scener.com/rifftrax

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Breadallelogram posted:

All that's there for me now is a countdown. Did they send you a theater code?

the theater code is "RIFFTRAX"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the entire thing exploded on the runway. mike couldn't hear anyone so he just started singing to himself and then trying to think of "stranger things" jokes. he had something about throwing "stranger rings" into mount doom.
now 3,000 people are watching mike ramble while they try tech support.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
haha mike is so loving bad at technology. i thought i was but holy poo poo.

edit:it's back until mike breaks it again

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 23, 2020

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
A Talking Cat!?! and Santa's Summer House (speaking of rothrock) are in my top ten of all time, they're both so bizarrely incompetent

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Breadallelogram posted:

Fathom is still going to play a rifftrax thing in theaters on October 21st https://www.fathomevents.com/events/rifftrax?mc_cid=58587ec5fb&mc_eid=f0f2775764

there's no way in hell I'm going inside a movie theater anytime soon
the rifftrax showings near me are usually pretty sparse. i might actually go (no, i don't value my life)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i don't know why they don't just live stream. the stranger things was lovely even with the tech glitches.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
after watching Alladin i know i will never be able to look barry bostwick in the eye.
he'll be able to tell too. i'll be introduced and just keep looking at the ground and his face would fall and he'd say "oh, you saw it, huh?" and i'll just kind of nod and he'll mumble an apology and we'll part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Dawgstar posted:

Watching Ice Cream Man and it’s truly a wretched little film. They apparently couldn’t find any actual heavyset kids for the coveted role of Tuna.
it's so very basic in every way it would be an ok to good goosebumps episode with editing.
actually it would have less clint howard so a bad to ok episode.
the rifftrax is good, they lean into making fun of ron howard