Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Amazon Prime Video had a couple of the live shows, which were drat good, so I went and bought others they had for sale. I have to say that with what we know now, I wasn't SUPER amused by videos made by Lowtax, animated by Shmorky, and featuring Lowtax's now estranged daughter.

Still, the live shows are very good and IMO have a much better energy than many of the non-live Rifftraxes and I would recommend the Plan 9 and Reefer Madness live shows at least, A++.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This morning on the Rifftrax Twitch channel they aired Star Games. Holy gently caress, this may be the most insane movie I have ever seen! The special effects are atrociously bad, the space prince's computer AI is a disembodied clown head and the whole movie has this bizarre outsider art feel to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQpr7c00EE

E: lol the king is Tony Curtis. Well that explains why he sounded like a two-bit New Jersey gangster wannabe.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose Oquendo posted:

I still want to know why/how Tony Curtis ended up in the movie.

I have a theory that the movie was basically a mob money laundering operation.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Davros1 posted:

Star Games was directed by Greydon Clark, who gave us Angels' Revenge and Final Justice. The School teacher "Angel" was also in Star Games (I think she's also married to Clark)

Oh wow. That explains a lot but also raises further questions, because honestly Star Games is a couple of orders of magnitude worse than either of those movies. Maybe they just reached too far? After all "Fat alcoholic cop kicks Europeans in the rear end" and "Skimpily dressed women kick Americans in the rear end" are a lot easier to do than a big effects filled sci-fi spectacular.

I was honestly watching slack-jawed as Tony Curtis stands in a blue void filled with Amiga-rear end pyramids making a long monologue filled with completely nonsensical names and nouns, as Amiga-rear end pyramids and Atari ST-rear end marbles shoot green squiggles at each other.

It's just such a complete loving mess from top to bottom.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 4, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Canned Panda posted:

We've got dates for the Live shows!!

There's been a terrible accident. We're live streaming Hobgoblins.