Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Let me just break down how The Curse of Bigfoot works.

The movie starts with an interminable scene where a monster very slowly moves through some woods toward a house. The monster finally reaches the house and then the scene ends. Cut to:

A professor turning off a projector who starts to talk about monsters and then we learn that the previous scene was a movie? The professor talks about Bigfoot and how two loggers met Bigfoot. Cut to:

A long scene of logging culminating in two dorks stopping their truck, getting out and wandering through some woods until one of them gets killed? Cut to:

Back to the class where a guest lecturer shows up to talk about Bigfoot and says the following story happened to him and that all the people involved are institutionalized. Cut to:

The actual movie which is about a high school teacher (the narrator), an archaeologist and a grip of students who are going on a field trip to a small town in Oregon which has an Indian site nearby. They eventually encounter a monster, which has nothing to do with Bigfoot as it is some kind of ancient mummy they find buried in a mountain cave. Also nothing happens to any of the students that would drive them crazy as the monster is handily defeated with very few deaths. Once they defeat the monster the movie just ends without going back to the class.

The whole thing is weirdly constructed and kind of feels like someone pieced a film together out of separate parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kevin flipping out at the movie's blatant rubbing it in of their poor day to night shooting was pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched Pressure Point last night and okay, so the main character doesn't actually assassinate the guy at the beginning of the movie but he sure was trying to. So he kind of does deserve to be in jail.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Invasion of the Animal People and one thing that's really bugging me is how nobody is ever dressed for the weather. Like how the playboy geologist doesn't wear a hat or coat up high up in the mountains of Lapland.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you pledge at the $500 level you get to make your own "Big McLargeHuge" name for Ryder.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

I backed the kickstarter at 5bux because of the rule of meaningful donation, but how do I get the riffs mentioned in the 1bux entry?

Some time after the end of the Kickstarter they'll email you a link that will unlock the shorts on your Rifftrax account.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yay yay?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Backerkits emails are out so if you pledged to the latest Kickstarter you'll get some of the digital rewards. Like the shorts or any store credit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ator is on Prime now and my god, who the gently caress thought it was a good idea for the introduction of the character of Ator to be Ator talking about how he wants to marry his sister.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Where exactly is Cyborg Cop 2 supposed to take place? It sure looks like Southern California but then they talk about "heading south" to Des Moines.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They added a bunch more VODs to Prime and man, Merlin The Return is straight up nonsense. Like it feels like a movie where they cut out the first 25-30 minutes of the film.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barudak posted:

So I dont normally pay a ton of attention to rifftrax movies but I sat down and tried watching this and Im still utterly lost

For a good chunk of the beginning of the film I was wondering if this was a sequel and that's why nothing made sense but no, it wasn't.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched the latest Bridget and Mary Jo feature, Junior Prom, and it has a really insane plot. Mainly because there's this whole thing about the class election and the one character you're supposed to support versus the one you're not and they forgot to give the one you're not any flaws. There's a plot point about his dad withholding a donation from the school unless his son wins but it's never said that the son even knows this is happening.

This is compared to the "good" candidate who steals a truck by bamboozling a gas station clerk and then there's a whole song and dance number where they lie to the student body making a bunch of promises they can't keep.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thing I've learned is that people coming to Rifftrax live don't normally come to this theater as I've overheard multiple people confused as to the assigned/reclining seats.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My theater did the slides but someone messed up on the sound so we didn't get any of the pre-show music.

You know, they announced that there was nudity and I was sure it was going to involve the space witches and not Ryder and Leah.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is really weird how someone obviously came up with this whole elaborate backstory for Space Mutiny but like none of it actually appears in the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The end of Day of the Animals is such an amazing cop out. Crazy animals are all dead and the ozone problem went back to normal. Nobody had to actually do anything. Also the weird cancer storyline went absolutely nowhere because the guy just dies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Dark Power is a weird movie because they frame a bunch of scenes like a horror movie (including some gore) but then the monsters are all extremely goofy.

Also I get that Lash LaRue is supposed to be some expert with a whip but he sure doesn't actually do anything with one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Firehead, watch Christopher Plummer act circles around every other person in the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Got an email for the Drip and they're about to start testing a Roku app with the idea to make Fire TV/Apple TV apps as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, I definitely recommend Kiss of the Tarantula, which is on Amazon Prime, just for the "70's GOLD!" bit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's also No Retreat, No Surrender about a white teenager being so good at karate that the ghost of Bruce Lee shows up to personally teach him martial arts (so he can beat up Jean Claude Van Damme)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think it is worth watching just for the insane costuming for what was considered "cool" in the early 90s.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching City of the Dead and that's a pretty good print for an old movie. Also kind of funny how even in 1960 Christopher Lee wasn't young.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching The Dark and man, this homicide detective sure is trying his best to be Clu Gulager.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like the Samurai Cop song.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The theater I go to has reserve seating and so I don't understand how I sometimes end up with a person sitting right next to me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Krull is a weird movie. They obviously had a budget but it really feels like they blew it all pretty quickly. So that's how you end up with a movie where the hero never meets anyone who isn't a main cast member and never actually goes anywhere outside of random wilderness. Also he gets a magical weapon that he isn't allowed to use until the very end of the movie and it breaks fairly quickly and is replaced by a much cheaper effect.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It seems like the big thing they blew money on was the opening fight scene because they have a bunch of guys in guard costumes and then also a whole lot of guys in Slayer costumes as well. Then all the guards die and you never see those costumes again.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I've seen Krull before but I don't recall it being such a hard watch. I don't know if it was because I was tired but that's the first Riff where I've fallen asleep.

I remembered a lot of the individual scenes but I had completely blanked on how much padding there was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rirse posted:

They probably should have a VoD at least. They still not put up last year Doctor Who show through.

They don't always get these major film release VoDs. That's why they do Kickstarters for them because otherwise they couldn't afford the expense.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Ice Cream Man is a really weird movie. The whole thing felt like someone kept on changing the script and cutting scenes. So you have stuff like the Ice Cream King getting murdered but somehow it not really relating to what is happening or how David Warner is in the movie but is given absolutely nothing to do.

Also I can't believe they spent so much of the movie on the one kid with the poorly made fat suit just so that at the very end they could do a halfhearted reference to him losing weight after the events of the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I find it really hard to believe that Spiker wants you to be on Sonny's side when he spends the entire movie being an enormous douchebag.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spiker definitely feels like a movie that was written in parts just because nothing really comes together and scenes have no pay off. Like the aforementioned bit where Sonny is positioned to be the main character but fucks off halfway through or how there isn't any payoff to Newt's story at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's release is another Bridget and Mary Jo, "Freddie Steps Out" which is another movie in the Junior Prom series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Freddie Steps Out is a really weird movie because part of the plot revolves around a misunderstanding about what one of the girl characters was doing when she left town for a year but then the movie never actually explains why it happened in the first place.

Also this movie adds a really weird wrinkle to the setting where all the boys live together in a dormitory, for high school.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Psychotronic Man is now on Prime and I give it a hearty "huh?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It feels like the middle 50% of a movie without the first and last 25%.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Bridget and Mary Jo riff The Amazing Mister X is on Prime and is a lot of fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everything about ROTOR just raises further questions. Like the comedy cop robot or the weirdly racist Native American scientist who causes everything to happen or bodybuilder lady scientist or the fact that ROTOR was being designed for some kind of Mad Max-esque collapse of society even though everything seemed okay or how ROTOR was not supposed to be active for another 20 something years but they had a motorcycle and locker all ready to go.

Also the ending where Cold Iron is just straight up loving murdered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The acting in Retro Puppet Master is so astonishingly awful.