Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Basically the only way this ends somewhat happily is if Mike publicly apologizes and steps away from the podcast, and renounces any racism, homophobia, etc. that he may have (inadvertently or otherwise) been a part of during his time on the podcast. At least that would be a step in the right direction in showing people that he realized he was wrong and is willing to change.

Unfortunately, most conservatives don't have the wherewithal to do that sort of introspection, and tend to double or triple down on their shitheel behavior, or do the "I'm sorry you were offended" bullshit apology. So I'm not very hopeful that's how this is going to turn out.

First Krist Novoselic, now Mike Nelson. 2020 is definitely the year of "Kill Your Idols", no doubt. :sigh:

Wasn't sure what Krist said so I checked Wikipedia and... Yeah (he praised Trump for his handling of the DC protests to save everyone else a look).

Mike can talk to who he wants but if that person has already been determined to be a jackass beyond reproach, he should accept that there will be damage to his reputation and importantly for him a decrease in Rifftrax revenue if enough people care. Hell, it could affect Shout Factory too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Doug keeps going...

https://mobile.twitter.com/DougTenNapel/status/1273312636202074113