Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
So which of these gene tests are most recommended? Been meaning to see just how many invaders hosed and raped my ancestors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just about everyone left alive today had the conquerors as their ancestors. The conquered were generally raped nearly to death and then buried alive. Thank your ancestors for being stronger-willed than you are.

I used Ancestry DNA testing and it was accurate. Because half of my ancestors settled in one area of the US 500 years ago and remained there until relatively recently I'm related to a hell of a lot of people in the southwest. They have a pretty good database of DNA to match.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Neutrino posted:

Just about everyone left alive today had the conquerors as their ancestors. The conquered were generally raped nearly to death and then buried alive. Thank your ancestors for being stronger-willed than you are.

I used Ancestry DNA testing and it was accurate. Because half of my ancestors settled in one area of the US 500 years ago and remained there until relatively recently I'm related to a hell of a lot of people in the southwest. They have a pretty good database of DNA to match.

I dunno bro. When my ancestry land was under 3 different empires, we were largely left autonomous. So my ancestors may not have been as strong-willed as I am lol

That said, over 1600 years, there was a lot of trade and some invasions where inter-mingling likely occurred. Plus I'm always assumed to be one of 10 different nationalities. A good chunk of them are contenders since their folks invaded my idiots. Which could mean I possess some of their inner warrior !!

Also my backwards bullshit land probably only has records electronically going back 60-80 years. More if you come from wealth and by all accounts, that is not what my family was in the old country. If anything, they were villagers, and at best, village elders in worship houses & with some forms of commerce.

Shadow fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 25, 2017

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My dad's family comes from southeast germany and my mom's side is likely from the british isles. Concrete Records for both don't go back much further than 1850, but there's a nonzero chance i have some neanderthal DNA in me by way of my german ancestors at least.

I've been putting money aside to have me and a few family members tested by way of ancestry or 23andme

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I'm related to Clark of the famous 'Lewis and Clark' expedition so maybe there are some Sacagawea babies out there who look like me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I had my DNA done apparently I'm 1% Jew.

• Locked thread