Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
From Me, Myself and Irene, a thing I found sort of refreshing about the film was the fact that when the alternate 'tough guy' persona takes control, he's sort of useless.

Usually in these sort of things, having a split personailty thing like this that is more aggressive or take charge than you are ends up having them be a super bad-rear end who knows how to fight better than anyone, has access to secret abilities that should be beyond their skills, how to successfully woo anyone, and is far more clever and intelligent than the main personality. But in MM&I, he's just sort of an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
From the Mr. Sparkle episode of The Simpsons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPbJVuNAPcQ

There is the obvious of everything Homer says and does in the scene, but the thing that I think that is just as funny is the clerk watching Homer make the call and just quickly runs away. Maybe it's because the story in my head is that he thinks that as long a he leaves before Homer actually completes dialing he can honestly say, "I don't know anything about a phone call to Japan during my shift! I wasn't even at the desk at the time the call was being made!"

• Locked thread