Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
It SLAYS me every time I watch Beverly Hills Cop when Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) sees the two cops (Taggart and Rosewood) who are going to stake him out outside the fancy hotel, and he plans to slow them down by blocking the exhaust pipe of their car with a banana. He goes to this expensive buffet where a very young Damon Wayans is manning the fruit table, and asks for some bananas.

Adopting a stereotypically effeminate voice and mannerisms (that he would go back to throughout his career), Wayans says something like "for $20, you can have an assortment of apples, pears, and bananas," or something to that effect.

Axel is nervous and in a hurry, and he says "Man, I just need some bananas."

Wayans' character looks all around, nervously, to make sure he isn't being seen, and then in a quiet (but still effeminate) voice, he says "HERE. TAKE THESE BANANAS," hands him a few, and looks very pleased with himself.

I just lose my poo poo thinking about that scene, including whenever I'm around bananas in real life.

Another low-key scene that kills me every time is near the beginning of Friday, when Craig (Ice Cube) wants a bowl of cereal. He opens the kitchen cabinet, finds a box of what must be his favorite cereal, and he looks SO HAPPY and says "YEA!"

That alone would be hilarious, but then he goes to pour the milk, and they're out of it. He yells to his father, played by John Witherspoon, "WE AIN'T GOT NO MILK!"

And Witherspoon, a cantankerous old dog catcher, yells back "PUT SOME WATER ON IT, FOOL!" That cracks me up too, even just thinking about it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou has a new favorite as of 14:06 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread