Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I had to teach myself to solder because my son watched some stupid video on youtube that said it was fine to shove 12 volts of batteries in his new gun without upgrading any internal poo poo.

But turns out it is fun and now I want to solder more stuff into kid toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

a hole-y ghost posted:

Well?? What did it do

It did gently caress all.
I think he instantly burned poo poo out. The motors were still good, so I just wired them directly to the trigger and now it works, but I made him put the old AA's back in. Considering upgrading the motor though, now that I see how easy this stuff is.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

a hole-y ghost posted:

I heard you can rewire a disposable camera's flash to a piece of metal and it will discharge the capacitor when the metal is touched, you should make a shock bayonet to attach to the gun.

or just tape a rusty tent spike to it

• Locked thread