Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maldoror posted:

He's not for everyone, but there are people (like me) who love long hypnotic sequences in film. So many people complain about the car driving scene in Solaris, which is one of my favorite parts of the movie. I guess these are the same people that get pissed at the long "soul floating" sequences in Enter the Void. But strangely no one complains about the last third of 2001, which it's my understanding Tarkovsky hated.

Even though the 'hyperspace' sequence looks cool even though iirc its just helicopter shots with insanely hosed up color I actually really hated that whole last third of 2001. Actually much like the book it's a really boring film in general that just looks ludicrously good like everything else Kubrick did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread