Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

drat, if I didn’t already have an exped Megamat10 I would seriously consider one of those Paco Pads. They’re more expensive, but those things look drat near bomb proof (literally).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Honestly, as long as you aren’t over filling (which will lead to a bad nights sleep anyways) and then plopping down on your mat, I think you’d be fine w/ a megamat. How big are you? I’m 6’2 210lbs and never felt like it was gonna pop.

Are you in an area where spiny cactus or other needle-like detritus are a problem? If so, that paco pad may be your best bet.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Plan on sleeping w your water filter so it doesn’t freeze. May want to bring a pee bottle for quality of life too (not having to get out of your tent in the cold and use as a personal heater until the heat runs out).

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Also, OR is having an annual sale right now and a large number of their gaiters are on significant sale 40%+), fyi. OR also has an amazing warranty program that will give you original MSRP+ sales tax, regardless of where you originally bought it from. I highly highly recommend their stuff.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Given the last few posts, anyone have a good windscreen they’d recommend? I don’t like the cheapo I got off Amazon a few years ago

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Camp stove fuel would be my pick

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I have a gossamer gear “silverback” 50L (or 55, can’t remember). I like it a lot, as it’s very modular (removable brain, removable straps, etc), so I can customize it the trip/hike I’m going on. As well, I bought the silverback specifically because it doesn’t have any soft-netting, as I go on trips through terrain/foliage where rips/tears are common. It’s held up very well over the last 5 or so years.

Nevertheless, I’d probably just get a ULA Circuit if I was gonna buy a new pack to fill the same niche.

E. Just reread your post and saw you were talking about daypacks, not full-on backpacks. Still, I’d vouch GG stuff generally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Did you use coconuts to imitate the sound of horse hooves, too?

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 19, 2024