Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«19 »
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are

Nap Ghost

MrMidnight posted:

Apparently there are trade offers for McHugh. I would be hesitant to pull the trigger on losing him given the history of Keuchel and McCullers.

on the other hand, with Cole in the rotation, if the right opportunity came up (for say, a quality LF option or some amazing prospect), I wouldn't be against it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Onward to pie!

McHugh is 100% expendable but like I said in N/V you're not going to get a LF for him alone that would be a guy you'd move Marwin out of the lineup for

McHugh is what, the 7th starter at best at this point? Verlander/Keuchel/Cole/McCullers/Morton/Peacock are all ahead of him, and who knows how Martes will progress. Whitley could also be up by the end of the year

MrMidnight
Aug 2, 2006

Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.

Intruder posted:

McHugh is 100% expendable but like I said in N/V you're not going to get a LF for him alone that would be a guy you'd move Marwin out of the lineup for

McHugh is what, the 7th starter at best at this point? Verlander/Keuchel/Cole/McCullers/Morton/Peacock are all ahead of him, and who knows how Martes will progress. Whitley could also be up by the end of the year

That's nuts. He used to be our #3 guy.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

Intruder posted:

You ate hilariously optimistic about correa

Yeah I'd be surprised if Correa's contract isn't at least $150 million, at least assuming a similar contractual landscape post-CBA and Carlos staying healthy.

Keuchel's by far the easiest to let go of. Granted, he's not a power pitcher so his game might age well, but he's still the oldest one of the bunch by 3 years and has an injury history. Plus if you could keep that offensive core together, there won't be any shortage of solid FA pitching options year to year.

For the same reason, they should absolutely be listening to all offers for McHugh. If they could get a decent bullpen arm or prospects for him, that would be great.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

"I saw Dallas Keuchel....THERE'S A BEARD!!!!!"

They finally figured out what they’re going to do with the Astrodome!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are

Nap Ghost

Edward Mass posted:

They finally figured out what they’re going to do with the Astrodome!

glad they're rennovating it

Did they ever figure out what to do with the big vacant lot that used to be Astroworld?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

"I saw Dallas Keuchel....THERE'S A BEARD!!!!!"

TheChirurgeon posted:

glad they're rennovating it

Did they ever figure out what to do with the big vacant lot that used to be Astroworld?

Nope!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Onward to pie!

Ed Emmett spearheaded a bond vote that would renovate the Astrodome, which was voted down in a landslide. He then got to Dome classified as a landmark so he could push through funding for renovations without a vote.

Just tear the thing down at this point, yeesh

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

TheChirurgeon posted:

They use it as a parking lot during Rodeo.

Kirios
Jan 25, 2010

All rise for the AL

M. V. P.

Edit: Nevermind, it's the whole package.

Awesome - I'll check it out once it's rennovated.

Kirios fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2018 around 21:46

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Whitley dinged 50 games

https://twitter.com/jakemkaplan/sta...344878874558464

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Your 2017 World Series MVP

For gently caress's sake

Do minor league suspensions count in the majors if he gets brought up (not that he would or should be during this, I'm just curious)?

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

fast cars loose anus posted:

For gently caress's sake

Do minor league suspensions count in the majors if he gets brought up (not that he would or should be during this, I'm just curious)?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Onward to pie!

On the plus side the Astros are tremendously unlikely to need Whitley this season, they already have 2-3 starters that there isn't room in the rotation for (3 if you feel Martes should be starting)

«19 »