Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Our opponents so far this year are the Rangers, Os, Twins, Mariners, White Sox, and Padres who are all probably bad except maybe the Twins. It's upsetting for different reasons but the offensive improvement the last week is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Bagwell is the best trade sorry

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah I'm thinking about over time total value

But I grant that the ring hugely increases Verlander's value. I was being a bit punchy last night; I'd still pick Bagwell but it's close.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm going to stick to my guns that the current underperforming of our Pythagorean wins won't continue but I am concerned about the bats for sure

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Imagine if I went back to 2015 and told you that in 3 years the Astros would have the majors' best rotation and Keuchel would arguably be the worst part of it

e: arguably isn't even fair to McCullers after today's wet fart

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 19, 2018

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

TheChirurgeon posted:

I feel like I'd be angry at you for not opening with the fact that the team won a world series

And rob you of the pleasant surprise? Hardly

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I brought this up in the GDT the other night but besides all the other amazing stats about our rotation, Verlander is rocking a 376 ERA+ right now

No one has ever posted a 300+ over a season and surely his will come down but wow

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
gently caress the Rangers and Yankees and basically everyone else I kinda don't care about

soft spot for the Mariners though

That's gross about Reddick's leg

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

TheChirurgeon posted:

So uh, Keuchel probably shouldn't be starting

Yes I was just thinking it's genuinely time to consider putting Peacock or McHugh in the starting rotation

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/1004573473610567680

poo poo

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
MRI on Correa was negative; he's not playing today but he says the doctors gave him "great news" so we may have escaped disaster

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
At least Giles didn't blow it totally this time but my god we just can't play Marisnick anymore

.155/.176/.284

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It sucks because I like him but since the confluence of weird poo poo has us down in the division its time to make ruthless decisions

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Astros have risen from the ashes and are tied for the division lead heyooooo

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm sad Keuchel is fully dead but at least Rondon has looked decent as the new closer

We locked up the season series with the Rangers today which is also good

e: also lol at scoring the winning run on a balk that AJ Hinch caught when no one else did

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 10, 2018

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Most teams have a 5th starter that isn't very good; ours just happens to have a Cy Young on his shelf which makes it awkward to do anything about it except ride it out and hope he becomes that guy again

Also Smith is on the DL now; Reymin Guduan is coming up to probably not be very good

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Maybe Guduan figured something out in the last few months but his line from last year is 16 innings that featured 24 hits, 12 walks and 14 earned runs

He only gave up one homer so that's a bright spot I guess?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
There was an article in either The Ringer or The Athletic right before he started this recent tear that outright said "he has to start hitting or get replaced" and drat if he didn't read it I guess

Last year his slash was .263/.311/.457 and his OPS+ was 109, this year even including his horrific March/April it's .233/.296/.444 and OPS+ is 107. His May this year was .281/.342/.609 for an OPS+ of 155. June is significantly off that so far (his BABIP is .179 this month) but its enough to nearly make him the hitter he was last year.

If nothing else he's not killing us anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Kind of. 3 were a HR off Cole who had a human start for once, and Guduan ate 2 innings for us and gave up the only non-Cole run so I'm well satisfied with that.

Hopefully this doesn't signal anything weird going forward for Cole but that's the only thing I'd worry about.

• Locked thread