Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress yeah I love your avatars I rocked the Keenum one forever.

Edit: Nope I change my mind I want an Altuve getting all the hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So we got Verlander, Altuve, Correa, Gattis and Springer claimed.

I feel like we have to all rock the avatar for at least the 2018 baseball season. God dammit we have WAITED for this we have to wear it as a badge of honor.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bong claimed 'em, perhaps I could interest you in a Keuchel?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Excellent choice, he was magic in game 7 of the ALCS.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

curried lamb of God posted:

I'm a latecomer, my family moved to Houston in 2001 and I became an Astros fan because we kept getting free tickets for games

in summary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOU0yV2dj8U

pick your player you want an avatar of friend

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You can have Altuve if I get a Josh Reddick in a Ric Flair robe woo-ing w/ his USA speedo.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

RussianBear posted:

I’m so happy right now. My daughter turned two months old today and she now lives in a world where the Houston Astros are World Series Champions! She isn’t condemned to a life of Houston sports misery! There is hope. It feels so good.

What the gently caress man my daughter was born August 28th when was yours born?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

b0ng posted:

Justin Verlander is the best trade ever. I have no idea what to do with myself

It is, it really is the best Astros trade ever. I don't care if Franklin Perez, Daz Cameron and Jake Rogers become hall of famers. It was so incredibly worth it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just ordered the World Series t-shirt and hat. Gonna wear the gently caress out of those.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just spent 200 dollars on a shirt, ballcap, baseball and a framed SI cover.

Zero regrets.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If you're willing to pay for a year of SI you can get a pretty solid deal on the covers (it's how I got the framed one):

http://subscription-assets.si.com/qa/assets/themes/magazines/SUBS/templates/velocity/site/si-2017wsc/lp.html?xid=WS17-Social_Internal

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't have it yet but it's how I was able to place the order. If you want to wait I'll let you know... but gently caress those ebay prices. I just want the cover not the entire magazine.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Like seriously this barely registers compared to a world series.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Then yeah I'd be drinking for an entirely different reason on Friday. But as it is I'm buying a bottle of champagne tonight.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Awesome!

What should I put underneath? Or does the avatar speak for itself?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I bought myself some really nice bubbly for tomorrow night and i'm going to drink that entire bottle, plus some other stuff.

I couldn't celebrate the night of but you can bet your rear end I will all weekend.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I bought the Chron newspaper of them winning. Gonna frame that forever

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I ordered it off of chron.com.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I may not have been able to celebrate the night of but I've downed a bottle of champagne and a pint of mead.

It's finally starting to set in that, yes, the Astros won the World Series and it can never be taken away from us.

Gentlemen, we're going to remember this for the rest of our lives. Cherish this moment.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've somewhat adopted Seattle / Portland teams since living up here so I'm cool with the Mariners.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So, so worth it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Carlos Beltran should go in as an Astro.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jay Bruce seems like a worthless signing...don't even bother.

I'm not sure we need anything on offense, or even rotation wise. We need bullpen, period.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Well I've been talked out of Wade Davis

Wait, how? Do you prefer Greg Holland?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Okay....maybe, but what do you propose they do otherwise? Just leave the bullpen as is?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

quote:

Fresh off a World Series victory, the Astros would like to supplement their bullpen with a left-handed reliever, reports Jake Kaplan of the Houston Chronicle. Kaplan lists Mike Minor and Jake McGee as two potential targets for the ’Stros, noting that Minor’s frequent outings of more than one inning in 2017 could appeal to Houston. So, too, could the fact that he thrived in his limited time as a closer and has no discernible platoon split, thus giving Houston a possible safety net in the event that Ken Giles’ struggles carry over into the 2018 season.

Are you leaning towards Minor?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

AJ Hinch was robbed

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Me too because it means my avatar suddenly kinda sucks. Isn't that announced today?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress

Yes

<---------------------------------------------------------------

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/931258077499625472

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why do you say Hinch isn't that great? Everything this year showed me that he's actually a pretty fantastic manager...top 5 in baseball even.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's going to break my heart if I ever see Altuve not playing for the Astros.

Please pay our short baseball God.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This thread is looking more and more awesome with every avatar.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It also closes the book on that awful Gomez trade.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress the Yankees. Glad we got our ring in while we could.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Joe...Smith?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Korranus posted:

I guess there's just not a lefty available?

Rude, they already got Anthony Gose!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Merry Christmas y'all - the Houston Astros won the World Series in 2017!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Gerrit Cole bay-bay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/jimbowdengm/status/952571152483913730

Thanks for preferring our mediocre package over well regarded Clint Frazier!

• Locked thread