Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I have zero faith in the Astros' ability to finish this off because I'll never underestimate the ability of a Houston sports teams to find new and lower depths to tread to break their fans' hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Of course it was going to 7. The storyline demands the home team always wins Game 6.

No more middle ground at least. Either Houston exits the real world for a few days in celebration, or yet another generation of Houston kids are introduced to the worst kind of heartbreak sports in this town has to offer.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

PrinceRandom posted:

There's also team dad Beltran available

I'll take Beltran. I can relate to being the old man in the locker room right now, I've got a bunch of my son's roommates crashing in my house that got left homeless after Harvey wrecked their apartments.

Besides, still remember how drunk and angry I got after he left town to go to the Mets. It was a mancrush second to only Morgan Ensberg (wonder what he did last night).

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MrMidnight posted:

Yeah and even then they get a pass

By then their sons will be ready to take the mantle, and the Astros locker room will start to resemble Degrassi

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

G-Hawk posted:

i miss the astrodome and i wont apologize for it

I did too until I started going to Minute Maid on my own when I got into my teens and it's so much easier to get to than dealing with 610.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

That doesn't make you weird, that makes you an old timer. Back in the NL West days they were the Astros' first nemesis. It wasn't til our lifetimes that the Cardinals took that title over.

Speaking of the Cardinals, if you really want old timers there are still native Houstonians out there that are life long Cards fans by way of the Houston Buffs.

Intruder posted:

Jose Lima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVKgbmfx3P4&t=22s

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 7, 2017

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

candide posted:

requesting avatar of Tal's Hill or the train or Beltran's glove

I know the dead glove won't be fulfilled, but I've got the claim on Beltran and if you want him instead be my guest. That's five bucks I really ought to put towards Harvey rebuild.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I guess there's just not a lefty available?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kirios posted:

Rude, they already got Anthony Gose!

I totally forgot about the Rule 5 draft, and as a former Willy Taveras fan that's just uncalled for.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Mark Appel retired today. I guess not so much retired as washed out. He's now just some guy living in west Houston.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757009-why-mark-appel-perhaps-the-biggest-bust-in-mlb-history-is-retiring-at-26

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I saw Kyle Tucker was moved to minor league camp. Even with the stacked outfield I can't imagine he'll be there that long.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/dschoenfield/status/981641319834628101

Not this poo poo again

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

TheChirurgeon posted:

So our new jam is just stranding Runners on base huh

The RISP jam is an old Astros Easter egg. If they strand enough runners in a game Jim Edmonds will appear and jack a three run homer.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

No Safe Word posted:

Astros still good, but also Mariners

White Sox too

But that's why they're called slump busters, as if playing .667 ball is a slump

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Verlander threw his 100th inning as an Astro last night and has a 1.05 ERA for it all

that's disgusting

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rangers fans are Astros fans that lost their way after the Nolan Ryan years, and that if they repent their ways and ask Orbit for forgiveness they can be brought back into the flock

• Locked thread