Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
This is so glorious jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Astros own and I am 100% going to the mall during lunch break tomorrow to confirm my hat size and order my WS champion hat

Also I will be partaking in the hilariously overpriced bidding on SI 2014 covers

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Kirios posted:

If you're willing to pay for a year of SI you can get a pretty solid deal on the covers (it's how I got the framed one):

http://subscription-assets.si.com/qa/assets/themes/magazines/SUBS/templates/velocity/site/si-2017wsc/lp.html?xid=WS17-Social_Internal

How’s it look? I was dead set on paying some exorbitant amount for an actual issue.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Yeah a trip report would be appreciated. UGH I’ve been planning on ordering that back issue for like four months now but didn’t want to jinx anything 😩

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

For everyone’s information, SI is reprinting the original 2014 issue and it’s available for purchase. It’s a 1:1 copy of the original, too - nothing indicating that it’s a reprint. Should knock down those $400+ prices on eBay. I’m getting the reprint and the above magazine framed in a single custom frame, really looking forward to it.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Intruder posted:

Got a link?

e: It appears to be just the cover

Nope, it's the full issue (option to purchase issue is on the right hand side, $19.95):

https://backissues.si.com/storefront/2014/baseball-s-great-experiment-george-springer/prodSI20140630.html

Here's a link to the other cover:

https://backissues.si.com/storefront/2017/si-presents-2017-world-series-champions-a/prodSI20171119ASPEC.html

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

It's here! It's here!

When'd you place your order? I placed my order literally a month ago and the full charge just went through like a day ago.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

Like, the instant they went on sale. November 3rd?

Bodes reasonably well for me then. I placed my order on the 6th, so I guess it’s any day now :shobon:

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Kirios posted:

Gerrit Cole bay-bay!

Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Along the same lines, is anyone interested in buying some tickets for the game against the Padres next Saturday (04/07) off of me? My stepmother-in-law got them for me for Christmas not knowing that I'm already going to WrestleMania that weekend. Asking $220 for the pair; section 113, row 14, two adjacent seats somewhere between seats 1-6. Still waiting on my in-law to actually email me the ticket PDF since the sheet she gave me on Christmas day was just the confirmation email, but I'll send over proof once I get it.

If it makes any difference, the giveaway that day is replica World Series championship rings :cool:

• Locked thread