Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many beers does it take for you to get drunk?
More than 6
View Results

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bamabalacha posted:

beer is for pussies who want to be gassy.

beers have sucha low alcohol content and so much liquid, liquor is the way to go not beer,its why beer drinkers piss the bed so much, its all that liquid thats being made into pee in theri bladders then escaping thru their pants onto the sheets.humiliating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Using about .2% bac as a rough benchmark for "drunk" and a weight of say, 80kg, it will take around 10 drinks (a "standard drink" containing 17.75ml of ethanol) to get drunk. Everyone perceives drunkeness differently of course, and time plays a factor, but a guideline of 1 or so drinks per 10kg of body weight is good for "drunk".

:eng101:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Using about .2% bac as a rough benchmark for "drunk" and a weight of say, 80kg, it will take around 10 drinks (a "standard drink" containing 17.75ml of ethanol) to get drunk. Everyone perceives drunkeness differently of course, and time plays a factor, but a guideline of 1 or so drinks per 10kg of body weight is good for "drunk".

:eng101:

sometime when im talking to my friend and i have nothing to say but i want to get a rise outof her i say 'pissing dick shits' or 'pisspisspiss'. she finds itso annying that she once said pisspisspiss back and said see how annoying it is, but i couldnt stop laughing it was so hilarious.when im drunk i dont do this bc im so full of joy that im never at a loss of what to say;i cana go on about trans people for hours or awkwardly bring up thresomes

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I've had thousands of beers and I'm still not a drunk OP.

You can do it.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Stop bragging about drinking hard liquor. A real man get his alcohol from wringing out KCF hand wipes and you know it.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Space Taxi posted:

Stop bragging about drinking hard liquor. A real man get his alcohol from wringing out KCF hand wipes and you know it.

What is KCF? I want to go there. I've never been served inebriating handwipes.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Probably a sixer. I mean I feel it after the first two or three but "a buzz" isn't really the same as "drunk".

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Technically I feel tipsy after 1 but to really feel good/high/properly drunk I would need 10+

Or 2 bottles of champagne within a few hours, though I've been able to drink 3 in one day

Alcoholism is cool

Though I don't drink anymore so that's a plus.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

scuba school sucks posted:

Probably a sixer. I mean I feel it after the first two or three but "a buzz" isn't really the same as "drunk".

Tall cans or bottles?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The best part about drinking a large number of beers is clearing out rooms the next day with the beer farts.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

beers have sucha low alcohol content and so much liquid, liquor is the way to go not beer,its why beer drinkers piss the bed so much, its all that liquid thats being made into pee in theri bladders then escaping thru their pants onto the sheets.humiliating

This explains a lot.

Slip
Jan 20, 2001
lol if you use beer as anything than chasers for liquor

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009
Thanks for the thread OP, I'm feeling a LOT less alcoholic after reading it.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

One half of a Michelob ultra

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I stay under 4 out of principle. Not nearly enough to be hangover next day or have everything swim before your eyes.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh
After eating low-carb I'm pretty toasty after one pint and straight up drunk after two in an hour. But alcohol sucks anyway. Sometime around 25 I really drunkenness stopped being fun. I still kinda wish drinking gave me the euphoric experiences it did in college.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'd say about four 22 oz mugs of craft brew or about eight cans of dad beer

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
DATE RAPE QUESTIONNAIRE

1. How many beers does it take for you to get drunk?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Orkin Mang posted:

sometime when im talking to my friend and i have nothing to say but i want to get a rise outof her i say 'pissing dick shits' or 'pisspisspiss'. she finds itso annying that she once said pisspisspiss back and said see how annoying it is, but i couldnt stop laughing it was so hilarious.when im drunk i dont do this bc im so full of joy that im never at a loss of what to say;i cana go on about trans people for hours or awkwardly bring up thresomes

:hellyeah:

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

ArbitraryC posted:

A better question might be "if you're aiming to get drunk how many shots could you start the night off with without making a total rear end of yourself".

This is the real question

Hippity Hoppity
Mar 18, 2017

heh bleb bleb bleb

donate to the humane society
Does liquor count

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I'm the guy who voted 1 beer. I would guess it's more like half a beer though.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
A bunch.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
The wait staff at one of my regular haunts used to tease me if I had less than six pints on my bill.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Too many, really

On the one hand, having to drink so many beers to get anywhere sucks
On the other hand, it's a lot easier to lie to your wife about how many beers you've had
On the strong hand, just get belligerently drunk on whiskey, and refuse to answer all questions

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g84OB9jU_ek

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

XeeD posted:

The wait staff at one of my regular haunts used to tease me if I had less than six pints on my bill.

Humiliation, the cornerstone of marketing.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Just one, OP.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

This may be the gayest thing ever

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
3-4 beers to get that mild drunk feeling where you feel fairly jovial I guess

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
I'd say I can butt chug about 4 beers before I feel drunk. We're talking about butt chugging, right?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i drink 6 beers before going out OP

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont like getting drunk. i like getting a solid buzz and leave it at that

"oh dude i got so wasted last night"
"how wasted did you get man"
"so wasted"
"awesome :downs:"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The last time I got drunk from beer it took 14 500 ml cans. I don't drink beer regularly though because if I did I would become enormously fat.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
About a 6er. More or less.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BLARGHLE posted:

This may be the gayest thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZWgltnZVN8

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Gaunab posted:

Pretty much the title of the thread; how many beers does it take for you to get drunk? Assume that the beers are 5.5% Abv and in a 12 oz can for any nerds who care about that. You define drunk on you own. How many beers? HOW MANY BEERS?!

My current favorite is Karbach Lemon & Ginger Radler

Takes about 6 of those

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The Protagonist posted:

who gets drunk on beer??

It's just lolly water. Spirits are the only thing to make a dent.

Peddle2thaMetal
Apr 17, 2012

ooooooooo yeaaaahhh
Probably 6 or so. I had 4 bottles of ~8.3% beer the other night and was feeling pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Six or seven pints, mate

• Locked thread