Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

signalnoise posted:

If it were up to me that's what other people would think too, but there are a fuckload of people out there who take their poo poo seriously as genuine political commentary

i'm glad this poo poo is on the decline but why is it not extinct yet: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=south%20park%20republican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Wherever you come down on the debate between campus wokes and the anti-PC crowd, I think we can all agree on one thing: this scene is so insanely joyless and unfunny that it should be given an honorary degree from Berkeley

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Way more than kinda. Before SJW was a term, they were the kings of GBS for a while. If anyone said ANYTHING even mildly offensive, you could get probated or banned. Every bad SJW thing you've ever heard about was there, with full blast self-righteous morality policing to ludicrous extremes. Every bad thing about the SJW stereotype was in full loving force. Every. Bad. Thing. If you disagreed with any of them (and D&D is still like this from what I hear), you get probated/banned for not having the right opinion. Conversation doesn't matter to these people, they want to reinforce their status as socially enlightened by demonizing people, not converting them.

And just like in real life, what happened was people put up and tried to play along for a while and got increasingly sick of it, eventually exploding into the polar-opposite reaction once nobody could take it anymore, and GBS instead became something equally lovely on the other side, a lawless place that started to sound like a stormfront news letter every other day.

Finally, there's balance back in GBS, but I look back at that time as two equally dark days.

yeah i saw, i lurked back then. i guess hegelian dialectics are real. lol.

Wikkheiser posted:

Dunno. But you'd find this interesting: Recent study found that "disinvitations" for speakers are disproportionately concentrated among colleges where the students come from disproportionately wealthy/1-percenter backgrounds:

https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/illiberal-arts-colleges-pay-more-get-less-free-speech/

I thought the recent thing at Auburn where they let Richard Spencer speak and then students stood up and actually challenged him (and made him look like a fool) is a better way but what do I know.

https://twitter.com/MBucklesXO/status/854525635032690689

yeah, its a bunch of rich 1%er kids who feel guilty about having rich mom and dads and coming from a probably conservative background. so they become liberal to a extreme degree. no one likes them but everyone on the left/liberal has to pretend to because "well they are on my side and fighting for progress". the good thing is smaller schools dont have these nuts on either side.(like mine)

also, the simpson clip was loving terrible and not funny. old simpsons would have been cleverer about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGu3ZLh3lXM

like this.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It's been ten years since I said it's been ten years since I've watched the simpsons.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, its a bunch of rich 1%er kids who feel guilty about having rich mom and dads and coming from a probably conservative background. so they become liberal to a extreme degree. no one likes them but everyone on the left/liberal has to pretend to because "well they are on my side and fighting for progress". the good thing is smaller schools dont have these nuts on either side.(like mine)

They all go into high paying urban jobs and step over homeless people on their way to high end sushi restaurants

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
you guys I am just so... SO pissed that a cartoon takes a middle ground stance on issues that I'll complain about it even when it doesn't do that.

King Vidiot posted:

South Park's last two seasons were possibly less funny than the Simpsons has been for the past 20 years. Except for the Yelper song and CtPaTown, that was alright.

Agreed that the most recent season was awful since they attempted to make one season-long arc, but the previous two seasons had loose continuity and I thought they were pretty good. They've largely strayed away from the "what if both sides are wrong?" / basing an entire episode around one joke approaches that were killing the show a few years ago.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I really like that this is p much a burn on ridiculous college administrations too, 8 new deans

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

it's not the cartoon that hurts, it's the literal army of nazis those fart joke cowards stop-hitting-yourself'd into existence.

ps suck my whole rear end with a crazy straw you two-toned dweebwizard

That's loving hilarious. Yeah dude South Park is creating nazis and we should totally take you seriously. Nobody should in any way suggest you go find your meds for thinking poo poo like this.

There's an ARMY OF NAZIS out there you guys and IT HURTS :lol::lol::lol:

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Everyone will remember October 21, 2015 as the official beginning of the 4th Reich

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Blazing Ownager posted:

And just like in real life, what happened was people put up and tried to play along for a while and got increasingly sick of it, eventually exploding into the polar-opposite reaction once nobody could take it anymore, and GBS instead became something equally lovely on the other side, a lawless place that started to sound like a stormfront news letter every other day.

I don't know about you, but I'm enjoying America 2.0

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think it's because of the privileged elite background, basically. from that, you are more likely to expect the world to cater to you, and their attitude at the elite universities is that they're paying to be there; the school should adjust the environment to suit them. "the customer is always right." and that's why their demands are for the administrators (specifically) to clamp down on objectionable content.

the girl in the spencer clip: i'm making an assumption because she has a southern accent. the way she dresses and carries herself, etc. it's a state school and so on. suffice to say i don't think she comes from a privileged background. and she's not afraid to stand up and tell spencer exactly what she thinks. she doesn't give a gently caress.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 21, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Wikkheiser posted:

i think it's because of the privileged elite background, basically. from that, you are more likely to expect the world to cater to you, and their attitude at the elite universities is that they're paying to be there; the school should adjust the environment to suit them. "the customer is always right." and that's why their demands are for the administrators (specifically) to clamp down on objectionable content.

the girl in the spencer clip: i'm making an assumption because she has a southern accent. the way she dresses, etc. it's a state school and so on. suffice to say i don't think she comes from a privileged background. and she's not afraid to stand up and tell spencer exactly what she thinks. she doesn't give a gently caress.

that and she is actualy not an idiot. a lot of the people who "fought" milo, just regurgitated woke rhetoric and bullshit and when he did cower in fear and then probably made a lovely edgy joke, they would have a temper tantrum. its like a bunch of loving red guard, everything old or not (THIS CURRENT YEAR) or doesn't have their exact politics, must be burned to the ground. i pray these idiots dont start to get legit control of the DNC. The DNC throws them bones and poo poo but they would rather be bored neoliberals and even obama called these dipshits out a few times. but what worries me is these dumbasses will pick the wokes over the sanders types because they are "controllable"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that and she is actualy not an idiot. a lot of the people who "fought" milo, just regurgitated woke rhetoric and bullshit and when he did cower in fear and then probably made a lovely edgy joke, they would have a temper tantrum. its like a bunch of loving red guard, everything old or not (THIS CURRENT YEAR) or doesn't have their exact politics, must be burned to the ground. i pray these idiots dont start to get legit control of the DNC. The DNC throws them bones and poo poo but they would rather be bored neoliberals and even obama called these dipshits out a few times. but what worries me is these dumbasses will pick the wokes over the sanders types because they are "controllable"
yeah i dunno what will happen there. i will say milo had his enemies totally figured out. he knew exactly how they'd react and he exploited it, which is why he was so stunned when he was brought down, not by the left, but from the right and it was his own words which were used to hang him.

reading alt-right forums and the like, they seemed to have decided that richard spencer's auburn appearance was a disaster, to put it mildly. and it was a disaster precisely because he was allowed to speak, because he is a dumbass who makes them look like dumbasses. the same i think is true of milo in retrospect. if you let him talk, he will eventually start spouting off about the virtues of pederasty! well clearly, if you want him to go away, you should give him as much time to talk as he wants, all you have to do is just sit back and smile.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Wikkheiser posted:

reading alt-right forums and the like, they seemed to have decided that richard spencer's auburn appearance was a disaster, to put it mildly. and it was a disaster precisely because he was allowed to speak, because he is a dumbass who makes them look like dumbasses. the same i think is true of milo in retrospect. if you let him talk, he will eventually start spouting off about the virtues of pederasty! well clearly, if you want him to go away, you should give him as much time to talk as he wants, all you have to do is just sit back and smile.

Wow, it's almost like... there's a case to be made for free speech

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Wow, it's almost like... there's a case to be made for free speech
i know, controversial. but if you make my argument, you'll get a reply that suppressing them is morally the right thing to do. that's debatable but "i'm morally right" is what everyone says, and people on the losing side of a battle -- or anyone with a stupid self-defeating strategy -- will keep insisting on that until the end.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think that basing your position on an immutable self identity (all of which are ultimately social constructs) is basically like the central mechanism of the right wing and lol just lol at so called leftists thinking this is a good thing to ape

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
It's almost like... if Richard Spencer didn't get punched it would have turned out better... wow... if only people were saying that at the time

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zahgaegun posted:

Ho Ho Bart really told those SJWs to "eat his shorts!'!

Yes, eat all of our shirts!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
how i feel about SJWs:

how i feel about alt-righters:

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

Wikkheiser posted:

how i feel about alt-righters:

I still don't really know what an alt-righter is, it's just a word people started using as an alternate to nazi.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Wikkheiser posted:

yeah i dunno what will happen there. i will say milo had his enemies totally figured out. he knew exactly how they'd react and he exploited it, which is why he was so stunned when he was brought down, not by the left, but from the right and it was his own words which were used to hang him.

yeah, well i think alot of it is because alot of these woke dumbshits are shocked when they stand up and pretend to do a Aaron Sorkin impassioned speech and realize they can't or it doesnt work in real life. so they get pissed and offended and try to ban the speech all together. but yeah, letting the alt right speak usually undoes them. because they are bigoted morons who say stupid poo poo.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

BillyBlanks posted:

I still don't really know what an alt-righter is, it's just a word people started using as an alternate to nazi.

Alt right used to just mean "we are right of center but dont want to be lumped in with the anti-science religious right". It was formed mostly of people that were fed up with how pants-on-head retarded liberals have been acting in the past 5 years, non-religious conservatives, and 4chan NEETs.

At some point neo nazi groups jumped on the bandwagon. The liberal media wanted to demonize and discredit the growing alt-right and what better way to do that than film a bunch of neo-nazis calling themselves the alt-right? So people like richard "im not a nazi but" spencer started getting far more attention than they deserved because they sold out the movement for personal gain. Spencer made a shitload of money and got a ton of attention for his little group of morons.

The remainder of the movement hasn't found a new umbrella term to rally under but they haven't had to do that since Trump won the election anyway.

Since the election alt-right means "anyone i disagree with politically" and has become a boogeyman that the same liberal media uses as often as possible.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

every time i read woke/sjw poo poo, i just think of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KTsXHXMkJA

You're a star-belly sneech
You suck like a leach
You want everyone to act like you
Kiss rear end while you bitch
So you can get rich
But your boss gets richer off you

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
that was extremely tedious go gently caress yourself OP

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pawl posted:

Alt right used to just mean "we are right of center but dont want to be lumped in with the anti-science religious right". It was formed mostly of people that were fed up with how pants-on-head retarded liberals have been acting in the past 5 years, non-religious conservatives, and 4chan NEETs.

At some point neo nazi groups jumped on the bandwagon. The liberal media wanted to demonize and discredit the growing alt-right and what better way to do that than film a bunch of neo-nazis calling themselves the alt-right? So people like richard "im not a nazi but" spencer started getting far more attention than they deserved because they sold out the movement for personal gain. Spencer made a shitload of money and got a ton of attention for his little group of morons.

The remainder of the movement hasn't found a new umbrella term to rally under but they haven't had to do that since Trump won the election anyway.

Since the election alt-right means "anyone i disagree with politically" and has become a boogeyman that the same liberal media uses as often as possible.
I like that one really reactionary French novelist the alt right should be more like him

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Wikkheiser posted:

I like that one really reactionary French novelist the alt right should be more like him

Houllebecq?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

BillyBlanks posted:

There's an ARMY OF NAZIS out there you guys and IT HURTS :lol::lol::lol:

Cartman did nothing wrong.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's almost like... if Richard Spencer didn't get punched it would have turned out better... wow... if only people were saying that at the time

Richard Spencer getting punched was a shining beacon of hope in this lovely year. It was a Good Thing.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
yeah

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i have been doing a research paper and its brought me into reading about "muscular" Christianity. alot of the alt right reminds me of that but without any of the positives or any of the physical activties.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

King Vidiot posted:

Cartman did nothing wrong.

Richard Spencer getting punched was a shining beacon of hope in this lovely year. It was a Good Thing.

Anything that gives pieces of poo poo like him more attention, or a platform to get his idiotic "message" out, is an extremely bad thing. Although the punch was satisfying, I really wish I had never heard of the guy.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pawn 17 posted:

Anything that gives pieces of poo poo like him more attention, or a platform to get his idiotic "message" out, is an extremely bad thing. Although the punch was satisfying, I really wish I had never heard of the guy.

Fair point on that I guess, I'd rather not know who he is than be reminded that he's still out there and still public speaking but to bigger crowds and at proper venues.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tricky D posted:

I'm in college, and if not for people bitching about SJWs I'd never knew they existed.

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
*Guts spilling out* I regret only that I have but one life to give for social justice, see you in hell simpsons...

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

it's weird that social justice went from being an obscure lefty sociology thing to a mainstream term in such a short amount of time. like 10 years ago i think the only people who would know the term would be college students in a particular major -- one of the ones where there aren't good jobs.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

imagine being such a cross-eyed brokebrains that you use "sjw" unironically

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

OMGVBFLOL posted:

imagine being such a cross-eyed brokebrains that you use "sjw" unironically

Still better than being one like you

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
I like the stupid ones, the ones who understand the zeitgeist of "Racism = Bad", but don't know how to apply it on the four legs good, two legs bad principle.

This culminated with some idiotic white girl stating near me "It's raining today, that's so racist!"

It was a good day.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mulaney Power Move posted:

it's weird that social justice went from being an obscure lefty sociology thing to a mainstream term in such a short amount of time. like 10 years ago i think the only people who would know the term would be college students in a particular major -- one of the ones where there aren't good jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKkb0qXbyUY

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
David mirkin does his best to ruin every commentary he's on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh I guess we're making long rear end posts now about stupid poo poo peace

• Locked thread