Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

axeil posted:

Maybe the real reason Mélanchon lost is leftism sucks and is Real Bad

But no, leftism can't fail it can only be failed :rolleyes:

Nonsense posted:

Stay in d&d you big baby bitch

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lol @ melenchon being all sad and stuff.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Wow, who would have thought a banker wouldn't be too hot on leftism.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Helical Nightmares posted:

What is Macron's position on immigration by the way?

I've read that he opposes "immigration quotas" and "wants to work with the EU to strengthen immigration" something-or-other.

As an outsider it's not clear to me where he stands on more/less immigration.

Europe
Maintain the Schengen travel area. Boost the EU’s external border controls by creating 5,000 more border guards. Establish a eurozone budget, parliament and economy and finance minister. Create a European security council. Hold citizen “conventions” across Europe to discuss the EU’s future and the importance of the European project.

Immigration
Deal with asylum applications in six months or less. Oblige those applying for French nationality to speak good French.

Security and defence
Restore compulsory military service for a month for all young men and women. Bring defence spending to 2% of GDP. Modernise France’s nuclear arsenal. Create 10,000 more police and gendarmes and improve community policing. Create 15,000 new prison places.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

"if only, instead of macron, the last line of defence against fascism was the guy who just had a category 7 meltdown over losing an election he was never expected to win" - tru leftists itt

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Agnosticnixie posted:

I'm still seeing no site with actual results posted, it's entirely the ipsos preliminary results.
http://www.euronews.com/2017/04/23/french-presidential-election-1st-round-projections-macron-and-le-pen-go-to-the

Latest figures:

Le Pen on 24.38%
Macron on 22.19%
Francois Fillon on 19.63%
Jean-Luc Melenchon on 18.09%

With 20 million votes counted from France’s 47 million strong electorate.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I doubt Le Pen will win but if she did at least there'd be the bright side of the EU getting hosed a little more.

I don't think the french destroying their own economy would make its competition less powerful

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

jBrereton posted:

http://www.euronews.com/2017/04/23/french-presidential-election-1st-round-projections-macron-and-le-pen-go-to-the

Latest figures:

Le Pen on 24.38%
Macron on 22.19%
Francois Fillon on 19.63%
Jean-Luc Melenchon on 18.09%

With 20 million votes counted from France’s 47 million strong electorate.

rural areas usually report early so Macron and Mélanchon's shares will go up at the expense of Fillon and LePen

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I doubt Le Pen will win but if she did at least there'd be the bright side of the EU getting hosed a little more.

i too love world wars, come join me and baloogan in canada and we can exchange favourite bayonet techniques and maybe watch some animes (no gay stuff) (unless ur into that)

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
AP can be both informative and funny sometimes.

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/cae...1ecc3e1c6b8dd5c

Turnout

quote:

PARIS (AP) — The Latest on the first round of France's presidential election (all times local):
5:25 p.m.
Voter turnout in France's close presidential election is above 69 percent in late afternoon, almost as high as the last presidential vote.
The Interior Ministry announced Sunday that the turnout had reached 69.4 percent, compared to 70.6 percent in the first round of presidential voting in 2012.

After years of economic stagnation and high unemployment, voter disillusionment is exceptionally high this year, prompting expectations of lower-than-usual turnout

Polls have suggested that far-right candidate Marine Le Pen's voters were especially motivated to cast ballots while supporters of other candidates were less convinced.

Sunny weather in much of France may have played a role. Some pollsters also said an attack on police Thursday may have prodded voters into taking part in the election.

Candidates

quote:

4:25 p.m.

Even though the northern French town of Henin-Beaumont is presidential candidate Marine Le Pen's bastion, that's no guarantee of votes for the far-right contender.

Voters trickled in Sunday in a steady stream to polling station No. 12, an elementary school where Le-Pen had voted earlier in the day in the first round of France's presidential election.

Valerie Hosaert, a 48-year-old insurance company worker, says "there are 11 candidates and not one that pleases me ... so I'm voting for the least bad."

Charlotte Villette, 25, added "we don't have much choice. They're all losers."

Yvette Tifou, 67, a retired math teacher, said her choice was "relatively simple" since she is a long-time leftist. She also said Sunday's presidential vote is more important than past presidential votes in France.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The translator on EuroNews just cannot keep up at all lol

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
ahahahahahahhahaha

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
69% turnout. Nice.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/856246512585670656

wow! what a great idea!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

69% turnout. Nice.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
What a cowardly way to endorse Le Pen. gently caress him.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Fallen Hamprince posted:

"if only, instead of macron, the last line of defence against fascism was the guy who just had a category 7 meltdown over losing an election he was never expected to win" - tru leftists itt

That dude would've fold like a cheap suit against Vichy-apologist Le Pen. Of course it doesn't matter because I'm not French but :laffo: at that dude losing his loving marbles for coming in 4th. He absolutely would've lost in the second round.

If that dude endorses Le Pen it's even more proof at how absolutely full of poo poo leftists are and how they all cry and take their ball and go home if they don't get absolutely everything they want.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
"wow that's a big bouquet in front of her face!!" lol Euronews guy

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Yes, I'm sure the PCF is burning to vote for the nazi.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Vox Nihili posted:

69% turnout. Nice.

no thats for the whole of france. nice's turnout was 71%

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Leftists pick up their ball and go home, then blame everyone else for the fascist getting in. I can see it all so clearly.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Agnosticnixie posted:

Sweating guy with 2 buttons .png where one button is support pétainism and the other one is supporting Anglo-German neoliberal capitalism.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Leftists pick up their ball and go home, then blame everyone else for the fascist getting in. I can see it all so clearly.

How does this differ from the American election?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Agnosticnixie posted:

Look how well it worked for the Strasserists!

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Mélenchon please why are you acting like this I believed in u

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

http://elections.interieur.gouv.fr/presidentielle-2017/FE.html

estimated official results. le pen is in first place. hamprince is still happy his favorite anti-immigration candidate gets to lose in the runoff election to lepen and the world gets another fascist

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
These are margin of error results, Le Pen is still not winning the runoff.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

http://elections.interieur.gouv.fr/presidentielle-2017/FE.html

estimated official results. le pen is in first place. hamprince is still happy his favorite anti-immigration candidate gets to lose in the runoff election to lepen and the world gets another fascist

How is this Obama's fault, again?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Helical Nightmares posted:

How does this differ from the American election?

for one thing, there wasn't a viable leftist candidate in the US election; sanders was the closest thing, and was out of the race and endorsed clinton months before election day

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

How is this Obama's fault, again?

obama begging people to vote for macron so that another hillary clone can lose to a fascist. that's how

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
[in extremely brain-hosed lib voice] Uh, he's not endorsing the lovely austerity person that everyone else in France did? wow he's just as bad as the Nazis

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i hope this is the last interesting thing that happens in france for a while because i cant take much more of french people speaking english on tv with their horrible accents

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

obama begging people to vote for macron so that another hillary clone can lose to a fascist. that's how

And he should have done...what?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

wizard on a water slide posted:

for one thing, there wasn't a viable leftist candidate in the US election; sanders was the closest thing, and was out of the race and endorsed clinton months before election day

I was being sarcastic. In both cases the leftists blame others for their failures. In the US the 'racism' and 'misogyny' buttons got pressed so hard they broke.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

And he should have done...what?

not endorse the guy who is responsible for the PS (french version of the dems) being dead today? seems like a good idea to me. PS is so hated cause of his austerity bullshit that loving nazis are making a good showing.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

SunAndSpring posted:

[in extremely brain-hosed lib voice] Uh, he's not endorsing the lovely austerity person that everyone else in France did? wow he's just as bad as the Nazis
Run the numbers in the lab and saying you'll put a vote on whether to support Le Pen like a limp dicked milicien online is the mark of a broke brained retard.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I'm not french or anything but I doubt they give the slightest poo poo what an american politician says about their election

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

not endorse the guy who is responsible for the PS (french version of the dems) being dead today? seems like a good idea to me

Obama remains popular overseas. I'm trying to figure out whether you're saying he should have remained silent altogether, or should have spoken in favor of the guy who literally hates America?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

UHD posted:

I'm not french or anything but I doubt they give the slightest poo poo what an american politician says about their election

actually they pay a lot more attention to american poo poo than americans pay attention to their stuff, but no i'm sure they didn't notice at all

• Locked thread