Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I always loved Master of Orion, though I was never very good at it. Fun to see someone being much more strategic and thoughtful than I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Well done! The Silicoids ought to be an interesting game.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Nicely done!

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

That was a hard fought victory. Makes it feel so sweet.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Yeah, merely surviving so long after those early setbacks is quite the accomplishment.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Well done!

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

It looks like there's a saved config file recording the number of saves or something. You might try backing up your save directory again, creating a new save, then sorting files in the install directory by last date changed. I bet a file jumps out at you at that point. Try opening it in Notepad++ to see if there's something easy to edit. If it isn't text, try opening it in a hex editor (though that takes a bit more expertise to recognize). I've a lot on my plate, but I can try installing this evening and taking a look myself.

Edit: Wait, an easier solution. Back up your save directory, then open the game and save seven different saves. Close the game, then drop your backed-up saves in the save directory, overwriting the new saves. If (as I suspect), the game is just tracking the number of saves, then this'll get it pointing at the saves again.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Xenocides posted:

Yeah, if you blow up a planet it becomes an asteroid belt which you can then convert into a medium planet if you control another planet in the system that can create the planet. It worked well with small or mineral poor planets (had to be enemy controlled) but was rarely worth it. By the time you have the stellar converter you can overrun the map anyways and getting marginal gains on your weakest planets is not that important.

It was also good with toxic worlds, which couldn't otherwise be terraformed.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

This has been one heck of a game. It's great watching you claw your way up.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Well that's annoying. Someone's gonna pay, and I don't think it'll be the Sakkra.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

That was a heck of a game. Good work!

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Mrrshan
Bulrathi
Darloks

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Wow, just wow.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Good work yet again!

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

That's quite close to a veto block.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Yeah, it's for the better you chose this victory instead of grinding it out.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

It looks like a good start, but I'm distrustful of something that looks so nice. It's probably just to make you let down your guard so the game can sucker-punch you.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Congratulations!

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Bribery.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

In order:
Freespace
Homeworld
Myth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Huh, must be some kind of overflow value problem. That's an appropriate end, if not the one we expected.