Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I've never seen MoO, and I'm a casual fan of 4x games in general - I'm definitely following this thread with interest.

Thotimx posted:

As far as I know, Master of Orion was the first game to do this whole ship-designing thing. It was certainly the earliest one I've already seen it in.

I was going to argue this point with Stellar Conquest III, but not only was it done a year later, but seems to be a bit inspired by MoO now that I look at them side by side. :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

What's a Paladin?

... poo poo, wrong LP. :v:

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I want to see how hard you can cheese the game, Thotimx. And a great big "gently caress you" to these rear end in a top hat AIs is the perfect time to do it (if you can.) :v:

Edit: For the record, I hate diplomatic victories. Then again, I tend to play 4x games for the slog more than anything else.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Kanthulhu posted:

I prefer screenshots LPs rather than video.

Anyways, do what you gotta do.

This. I read LPs over a remote connection while at work half the time, and I often have to drop things and then try and remember where I was in a video because I left it running. But hey, as long as we get the screenshots still, it's all good. I'm enjoying reading these. :munch:

And hey, fellow MUD goon :hfive: Makes me wonder if I knew you back in the day (you'd certainly know me by my name here - it hasn't changed since the early 90's :v:)

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

MUDs were the best tool for learning touch typing. :allears: At least if you were a PKer.

Playing MUDs for 20 years is 100% of the reason I type 90-100WPM now.

Edit: I think most of us picked up that you weren't dropping the screenshot format. We SSLP lovers just love to talk about how screenshots are so much better. :v:

Epsilon Moonshade fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 24, 2018

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

:munch:

This is probably the most interesting game of the bunch.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Thotimx posted:

I should flip out now and say 'screw this I quit this LP'. Just to see what would happen in the thread.

To be fair, after the last comeback/win, we'd probably just say "hey, good job, loved the LP."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Cythereal posted:

The latest advance in Mrrshan ground combat tech:

A rare shot of the Mrrshan construction research division in action.

https://i.imgur.com/ibJCAz5.mp4

MillennialVulcan posted:

Our first planetary shield is almost completed.

These are the best posts I've seen in a long time. :allears: