Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
awesome glad to finally see an LP of the first game. I was one of the people who overlooked MOO1 back in the day but spent a ton of time playing MOO2. I only played MOO1 for the first time about 2 years ago and was very impressed, I can see why people consider it a classic superior to the sequel. The game is deceptively simple to learn but stuff like the randomized tech tree makes every playthrough feel unique. One of the things I like most about MOO1 compared to just about every other 4x game is how fast the endgame goes once you finally are in a superior position. After playing it for a while I realized so much time you spend in games like Civ 4 is just mopping up once the player is in a winning position.

Sulla wrote a great article that does a great job explaining what makes MOO1 so good and unique from anything else that came after it, including the sequel: http://www.sullla.com/MOO/mooeditorial.html Anyone who is a fan of MOO2 or 4x games in general who hasnt given MOO1 a chance yet is really missing out.

Oh and one more thing i would really like to see is an iOS/android port, I think the game interface would work great with touch controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU