Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Probably played this for 100s of hours back in high school, but I've still learned a few things reading this. Good thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

GuavaMoment posted:

This was a case where I wouldn't have voted for myself and just kept playing. It's not a real victory until everyone is dead.

Yeah, that's how I'd usually play.

1.) Did I feel like I'd earned a win?
2.) Was I not having fun anymore?

If not, I'd abstain and keep playing.

Reminds me of that old game Imperialism, where back in the day I could never get a game to run very long because it always seemed to end after the first vote for a winner.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
This made me reinstall MOO, and go check out the fan clone 'Remnants of the Precursors', which looks really nice. Adds some cool features like onscreen ship/sensor ranges and insanely huge map sizes.

EDIT: Makes me sad that the official sequel is apparently so stripped down and simplified (haven't bought it though, so...). Funny that they thought the way to more sales was simplification and streamlining and then they only sell 1/5 the copies of Stellaris. They should have just flat out cloned MOO like Remnants, added quality of life features, and expanded from there.

Fintilgin fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 27, 2017

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Pretty sure he's talking about the recent remake "Master of Orion"

[edit] Oops, didn't notice there was a new page that already had the same answer. :shobon:

Yeah, I was.