Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
posting smiling
on the 1981 table of mice and men, after you've dropped all the dog targets and lit the g, u, and n lights, you can access the upper playfield where the large plastic lenny head can be hit repeatedly for 50,000,000 points, which has to be one of the best pinball skillshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

In the midlife marital mayhem table if you manage to clear the divorce lawyer bit by perfectly hitting all the targets within 30 seconds you can cancel the periodic alimony score penalty that normally plagues the latter part of any skilled game.

Otherwise youd have to keep hitting the whiskey sours targets way in the back to counteract them.

Manifisto

on the classic film noir table, it is a huge challenge to squeeze your ball by the femme fatale without being led down the wrong path (the one involving easy money). however, it doesn't really matter, in the end your ball will be done in by some internal flaw.

i am he

posting smiling posted:

on the 1981 table of mice and men, after you've dropped all the dog targets and lit the g, u, and n lights, you can access the upper playfield where the large plastic lenny head can be hit repeatedly for 50,000,000 points, which has to be one of the best pinball skillshots.

i am he

if you successfully lit up all 4 of the "draw and quarter" lights on the 1995 braveheart tie-in table an animatronic mel gibson would crawl out from under the machine hand you a copy of the protocols of the elders of zion

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

while it is quite tasteless, the columbine shooting pinball machine has some amazing ones. it feels immensely satisfying to hit the four consecutive targets for a 250,000,000 point bonus

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The world's smallest pinball machine uses an atom for the pinball and the flippers are electron guns that ionize the "pinball" and shoot it into another dimension. You'll have to take my word for it, though because Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle won't let you know where the pinball is, the sweet sounds of bonus points piling up will be your only hint. Tilting the machine however can open up an Einstein-Rosen bridge to a time and place just before you started playing it which is of course a paradox and your existence will be erased. Good luck registering the highscore after THAT!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

posting smiling

i am he posted:

if you successfully lit up all 4 of the "draw and quarter" lights on the 1995 braveheart tie-in table an animatronic mel gibson would crawl out from under the machine hand you a copy of the protocols of the elders of zion

posting smiling

Manifisto posted:

on the classic film noir table, it is a huge challenge to squeeze your ball by the femme fatale without being led down the wrong path (the one involving easy money). however, it doesn't really matter, in the end your ball will be done in by some internal flaw.

lol

i am he

Manifisto posted:

haha

cda

by Hand Knit
On the Cinderella table it's really hard to hit Cinderella because she keeps running away from the ball

City of Glompton

minecraft table version 1.1 is a real challenge because the ball is square and all the updates come from Microsoft. the built in twitch streaming is nice, though.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Scaly Haylie

cda posted:

On the Cinderella table it's really hard to hit Cinderella because she keeps running away from the ball

posting smiling

cda posted:

:rimshot:

posting smiling
on a clockwork orange, after looping each of the 4 violent crime ramp shots, players can activate the "ludovico multiball", a hectic 5 ball mode during which alex's eyes open at the top of the table, and can be bombarded while clips of malcolm mcdowell screaming play in the background.

watho

it was a really cool idea to have the big bonus in the 'the shining' pinball table activate a really authentic looking river of blood flowing from the elevator doors but in actuality the red liquid makes it really hard to play afterwards and sometimes it causes the electronics to short circuit

watho

the hatsune miku pinball table was a weird license but surprisingly authentic with lots of cool music and neat features, the choice to have the multiball bonus be awarded for shooting a ball up her skirt made many people uncomfortable though and it was quickly discontinued

Plebian Parasite

You can rack up bookoo points in the Slaughterhouse 5 machine by getting your ball stuck above the melted bell bumper. (Warning: getting unstuck causes your ball to jump around and makes things hard to understand.)

FactsAreUseless

The What's In The Box spinner gets you 7,777 points a spin, and charges the Win By A Head jackpot.

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

alnilam

the Children of Men table is largely grey and featureless and bleak. nevertheless when you hit all 3 brexhill targets, you can rack up a 8bil point bonus by keeping the ball alive for 5 minutes straight

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Sartre's Four Player "No Exit" pinball machine awards you a free game when you come to the conclusion that hell is Players 1, 2 and 3

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

cda

by Hand Knit
It's funny to imagine pinball games based on unlikely books or movies, until you start to imagine a pinball table based on Birth of a Nation or the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Then it's not funny anymore and you get angry and wonder why despite the centrality of black artistic expression to American culture, black people and black artistic productions are underrepresented in pinball properties. But nothing's going to change unless you take a stand so you make a Harriet Tubman pinball game where you help the balls escape and one day you see a little black girl playing it and she goes on to become President and you're invited to the oval office where she gives you 8 million points and an extra ball, because nurturing the next generation of transformative leaders is truly the most skillful shot of all.

FactsAreUseless

cda posted:

It's funny to imagine pinball games based on unlikely books or movies, until you start to imagine a pinball table based on Birth of a Nation or the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Then it's not funny anymore and you get angry and wonder why despite the centrality of black artistic expression to American culture, black people and black artistic productions are underrepresented in pinball properties. But nothing's going to change unless you take a stand so you make a Harriet Tubman pinball game where you help the balls escape and one day you see a little black girl playing it and she goes on to become President and you're invited to the oval office where she gives you 8 million points and an extra ball, because nurturing the next generation of transformative leaders is truly the most skillful shot of all.
[extremely tinny synthesized voice] Ball Locked At Last, Ball Locked At Last, Thank God In Heaven, Ball Locked At Last

FactsAreUseless

Birmingham Jail Lit

FactsAreUseless

Million Man Multiball! Shoot the lit ramps for BIG RIGHTS

FactsAreUseless

Ugh, this table loving sucks. It's so unfair. The gutters are huge. It's like black people can't even -- ooooooooohhhhhhhhh.

alnilam

lol

Impkins Patootie

i played the new 2016 themed pinball machine down at the boardwalk arcade and got asked to leave after setting off the slam tilt 5 times in a row

Plebian Parasite

Each time you hit the snoo's antenna bumper it moves the clock hand forward one hour; once it hits midnight, spell out N A R W H A L and send the ball down the bacon slide to activate the 8x updoot multiplier! With points like those you'll be hosting the Pinball Wizard AMA in no time!

vanisher

cda posted:

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Impkins Patootie

yea but the Dirty Harry ball machine was

watho

Plebian Parasite posted:

Each time you hit the snoo's antenna bumper it moves the clock hand forward one hour; once it hits midnight, spell out N A R W H A L and send the ball down the bacon slide to activate the 8x updoot multiplier! With points like those you'll be hosting the Pinball Wizard AMA in no time!

you get massive point bonuses if you manage to hit the "defend pedophillia" and "race realism" buttons but be prepared to hit the "free speech defense" tunnel, it's a tricky shot but pretty consistent once you get it down

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
The extremely unpopular 1983 WarGames pinball machine includes a warning that "The only winning move is not to play." This is correct; the flippers are wired to the building mains, and even inserting a quarter is enough to trigger a massive electrical fire likely to kill everyone inside.

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
on the street fighter 2 pinball machine if you unlock multiball you can choose not to launch the second ball and just play multiball with one ball and rack up high scores

I had the high score on the one at the arcade but the other players knew i hadn't done it honestly so I got no glory

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
o i didn't read the whole topic I didn't know we were supposed to do jokes

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ace of Baes
on the punch drunk love pinball machine if you arc a shot off the left side of adam sandlers head you can get the ball stuck between the 1-900 phone and the mini-sandler (crying) and rack up a sh*tload of points

Ace of Baes
if you tilt the lady ghostbusters machine it automatically starts trying to start dogpiles on you on twitter tl

Ace of Baes
if you go over 999,999,999 points on the Wendy's machine a pixelated picture of Wendy flipping you the bird pops up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

*tinny voices from machine*
Many men have tried the skillshot haderach

Tried and failed?

Tried and died!

• Locked thread