Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i tried to grow boobs but it didnt work and now i cnat go back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I used to be about 155 pounds and then over the course of a month or two went up to 195 due to medications. I've had a beard since before I gained weight, and I hadn't fully shaved until about a week ago and oh boy my jawline took a beating. It was also sad noticing that shirts that I had fit into pretty well before started getting tighter, and when I look down I can't see my dick anymore.

Overall I would recommend against getting fat.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Pick, if the recent physical photo of yourself is accurate, please get help.

I guess I am old school and actually care about people here. I'm not just talking about mentally. Diet disorders are a direct way to a horrible death.

E: not into not just. Everything is always all kinds of hosed.

Yvershek fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 23, 2017

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Well I was a stick til like 5 years ago
Now I'm 5'5 and 138 with no boobs so I'm a size 4 but I might as well be 1300 lbs
Luckily I lose weight quickly, so I should be 115 again by June, but I hate myself atm, OP

Last time I weighed this much I was on Zyprexa from a misdiagnosis and lost about 25 pounds in a month from eating less and jogging lazily.

timefly fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 23, 2017

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
I was really thin all my life, usually under 100lbs. Now I'm in my late 30's and had two kids plus gestational diabetes which threw everything out of whack and I gained a bunch of weight over the past 2 years. The weird thing is that my brain I guess still hasn't gotten used to it, so when I go swimming and then get out of the pool, I suddenly feel like I weigh a ton. Like while I was floating around, my brain reset the idea of my "normal" weight back to what it was before I gained weight. Then I try walking and it feels like my legs have weights tied to them.

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

I'm 6'5 and went from 180ish to 250 or so. Everyone loved me more when I got rotund and jovial. Fat privilege

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
i was fat and then got skinny and then fat again; i've got that perspective

hell i even got a name for the story "There and Fat Again: A Fatty's Tale"

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Yvershek posted:

Pick, if the recent physical photo of yourself is accurate, please get help.

I guess I am old school and actually care about people here. I'm not just talking about mentally. Diet disorders are a direct way to a horrible death.

E: not into not just. Everything is always all kinds of hosed.

Pick has been steadfastly against getting help forever and it is genuinely very sad :( I hope she comes to realize it is in her best interest eventually

Please get help, pick. Lady therapists exist, it doesn't have to be a man

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

I have had 3 different great lady therapists over the last 10 years and never paid a dime, yes.

In the US, either on an emergency basis or through disability, but it's possible

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

timefly posted:

I have had 3 different great lady therapists over the last 10 years and never paid a dime, yes.

Last time I saw someone ask pick to get help she said it would be pointless to tell a man about her problems :(

A sad look into how many people see mental health care in our modern world, and not necessarily wrong, just coming at the problem from the wrong angle. I don't break my GBS irony barrier very often but maybe one day enough goons breaking character to ask pick to help herself will eventually make a difference. I can dream, I guess

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I'm Shaquille O'Neal!!

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Last time I saw someone ask pick to get help she said it would be pointless to tell a man about her problems :(

A sad look into how many people see mental health care in our modern world, and not necessarily wrong, just coming at the problem from the wrong angle. I don't break my GBS irony barrier very often but maybe one day enough goons breaking character to ask pick to help herself will eventually make a difference. I can dream, I guess

Idk I know she trolls but I'd rather give advice anyway in case someone could use it.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
GBS doesn't use irony, maybe you're thinking of fyad :crossarms:

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

timefly posted:

Idk I know she trolls but I'd rather give advice anyway in case someone could use it.

She was not always super trolly and used to real post a fair amount and the hand she has been dealt is very :smith:. Here's to hoping she's keeping up the poo poo posting and getting help at the same time, best of both worlds

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Psycho Society posted:

GBS doesn't use irony, maybe you're thinking of fyad :crossarms:

My bad, instead of irony I meant "posting badly"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Watch the Penn & Teller BULLSHIT! S5E01 episode about obesity!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I starved myself for 8 months and am no longer fat, sorry OP. it was easier than I thought, whenever I got a craving to eat I would just smoke weed instead until I forgot.

always heard that starving yourself is dangerous and doesn't work but that's horse pucky. just don't eat for a while and you will stop being fat. like the time I was able to quit smoking because I lost my job. ever see a fat guy starve to death? doesn't happen

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
My wife doesn't have an account op.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

No one cared when I got bigger because I'm a man. I can't imagine the living nightmare it must be to be a fat woman.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i got fat in the hospital, i took a posting hiatus to tend to my terminal sadbrain for a few months and they put me on some medication that made me blow up pretty fast, within a few months i was very big.

it was cool, it happened so fast that i wasn't prepared for it and always bumped into doorframes and knocked over chairs, i'd sit down at a table and scoot my chair forward like i used to and BOOMPF my belly would slam the table and knock everyone's trays onto their laps spilling their chocomilks and chicken nugs everywhere

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tenzarin posted:

Watch the Penn & Teller BULLSHIT! S5E01 episode about obesity!

if obesity is just a bunch of bullshit then why does penn's neck look like a granny vagina

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im actually slim and donkey cocked. ive never been fat and never will be. u all make me wanna puke

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
So what is Pick's deal anyway I don't pay much attention to GBS aside from when I feel like being dumb on the Internet but this has piqued my curiosity.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

She was not always super trolly and used to real post a fair amount and the hand she has been dealt is very :smith:. Here's to hoping she's keeping up the poo poo posting and getting help at the same time, best of both worlds

Yeah I'm never sure cause remember her from when she first joined but I never really posted til recently so idk

Either way if you need therapy badly enough you can make it happen and even get good, female therapists cheap as free if you're desperate enough, even in the US

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
i think its impossible for me to get fat, ive always been skinny as hell, im 6'1" about 130 lbs. I eat whatever the gently caress i want and i eat a lot of it. everyone says my metabolism will give out one day but im 31 and still cant gain weight even if I try.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
one day you're a model the next day they say 'we've got a new character for you'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTtwo-jkcc4

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

extra stout posted:

one day you're a model the next day they say 'we've got a new character for you'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTtwo-jkcc4

That's the most pathetic performance i've ever seen

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

dsf posted:

i think its impossible for me to get fat, ive always been skinny as hell, im 6'1" about 130 lbs. I eat whatever the gently caress i want and i eat a lot of it. everyone says my metabolism will give out one day but im 31 and still cant gain weight even if I try.

Pick up a drinking habit and you'll be fat in no time

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
It's pretty sweet except for these tits. I'm going to get them lipo'd off so I can keep my fat whiskey gut but still be able to wear polo shirts.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

Rutibex posted:

I starved myself for 8 months and am no longer fat, sorry OP. it was easier than I thought, whenever I got a craving to eat I would just smoke weed instead until I forgot.

always heard that starving yourself is dangerous and doesn't work but that's horse pucky. just don't eat for a while and you will stop being fat. like the time I was able to quit smoking because I lost my job. ever see a fat guy starve to death? doesn't happen

Ive definitely started to think about doing this. some guy who was 300 lbs starved himself for a year right and got to normal weight. He took a multivitamins.

Im not too heavy but if i just stop eating for about a few months i should be good right? It cant backfire, i mean my brain can eat the fat reserves, right? Right?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Ive definitely started to think about doing this. some guy who was 300 lbs starved himself for a year right and got to normal weight. He took a multivitamins.

Im not too heavy but if i just stop eating for about a few months i should be good right? It cant backfire, i mean my brain can eat the fat reserves, right? Right?

or you could, you know, excersize

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Pick posted:

smoking is why people in the 50s were thin

Almost every single lead actor in those days had the pudgy dad-bod thing going on; not super flabby, but always sucking their gut in when they have their shirt off.

I used to have shin splints all the drat time. Turns out I was carrying around at least 15-20 lbs of extra me. It's amazing what a difference it makes to not have extra useless pounds weighing you down to the floor.

Fat is Beautiful.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Multivitamins and a fair chunk of proteins/fats daily while still restricting calories. As long as you are moving around and aren't completely devoid of proteins and vitamins, you won't waste away. Most of the medical problems that come from hunger and starvation is almost always malnutrition. Anything else would be from preexisting conditions like diabetes.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 23, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I walk with weights strapped to my body at all times

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Psycho Society posted:

I walk with weights strapped to my body at all times

That's called being fat.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Started playing more video games and then eating Carl's Jr everyday for lunch. Lost a lot of the weight because of a thyroid issue. I'm even for my height now.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Sorry, I had the order wrong. I went from being told I had a girlish figure to being told I should honestly try out for the football team :sigh:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

poo poo like this is hard to gauge in my opinion. I'm 6'2 and even when I was slim as gently caress I was still always between 180-190 lbs which if you go by BMI was overweight for my age and height but I was trim as gently caress. Now I'm 30 and 250 lbs but I don't have a huge gut I just ain't ripped or anything. I don't have trouble with strenuous physical activity or stairs or anything like that but at 30 years old, 6'2 and 250 that puts me in the obese range when it comes to BMI. So I don't know. I feel good and do physical poo poo all the time, my cholesterol and blood pressure aren't garbage and doctors don't bitch at me about my weight so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Don't worry about height-to-weight or BMI or that bullshit. Look in a mirror and you know.

You just know.

• Locked thread