Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I've never been skinny, but I was always in pretty good shape. Used to work out and stayed fairly active. But when I hit 30, my body just went to total poo poo. I stopped smoking (meaning I started eating more), stopped working out/exercising, and generally just sat on my rear end being depressed. Over the next few years, I shot up to 260 (at 6'3"). And I swear, every single pound of that went straight to my gut. And yeah, it sucked. I literally struggled tying my shoes. lol Then I said gently caress it and went on a diet, started weight training, and now I jog four miles four times a week. Since late last year I've lost about 35 pounds. Still a little ways to go, but feeling a whole hell of a lot better. The only thing that sucks about it is that before I started dieting, I went out and bout a ton of new jeans. Now they all fall right off my rear end unless I wear a belt.

And that's my fatty fatass story. I hope you found it inspiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I used to be real skinny, but I put on a lot of weight after all my friends died in a series of freak cycling accidents.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
but yeah lol at a skinny girl freaking out about becoming fat and trying to exorcise her anxieties on lowtax's laffy, daffy, salt-water taffy wackadoo funtimes, it's okay, we're all friends here forums

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Skinny to fat was like

High school playin DDR all the time->Broke-rear end sucka->Desk job->Night shift desk job WFH sometimes->Permanent WFH desk job

I was pretty ok until night shift desk job WFH

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vastarien posted:

The only thing that sucks about it is that before I started dieting, I went out and bout a ton of new jeans. Now they all fall right off my rear end unless I wear a belt.

i hear you brah, i bought a ton of work pants this past year when i was a ~34" waist but then i walked to and from work every day which was 3mi each way cuz cheaper than driving dass why and now i'm like a 26-28" waist and my pants and belts are essentially worthless

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fat cells are not destroyed or magically vanish when you lose weight

once your body has created new ones when you've gained a lot of weight, you're stuck with them. They are with you forever now. They can be depleted, but will easily fill right back up again

Which means that the fatter you get, the harder it's gonna be for you to get back to normal and stay there, whereas a healthy/athletic person who never got fat, will have an easy time maintaining their bodies

so in conclusion, do not get fat

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Enfield posted:

or you could, you know, excersize

actually terrible advice.

It's a big part of the reason people have such a hard time losing weight. "I'd have to suffer through all that exercise!" nah, just eat less, you don't have to lift a finger.

Exercise if you want to be healthy and have a heart that isn't garbage, sure, but if you just want to lose weight, it's way easier to not-eat a Snickers than to jog for the 30 equivalent minutes.

If you try to do both, you'll probably feel like you need to "reward" yourself with food anyway, and wind up undoing all your progress.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Guess how many people who lose weight by calorie restriction alone manage to keep it off for five years?

1%

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Exercise does very little to actually burn fat unless you are doing bootcamp type poo poo all day every day.

You do it so you look good when the weight is gone from not eating.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Exercising while losing weight is a Good Thing, but you need to be careful that you don't overdo it. When you go into calorie deficit, you will very quickly drain your glycogen stores (hello first week 10 lbs), and if you go into high-intensity exercise with no glycogen stores to pull from you WILL burn muscle. Losing muscle weight is the last thing you want to happen.

The "fat burning zone" has been much maligned as being bullshit, and in many ways it is. But when you're losing weight, it really should be called "muscle retention zone" and it is your friend.

For reference, I'm 3 years in holding my current weight after losing 130 lbs.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Of course, diet and exercise are nothing compared to fecal transplants.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I started making money, OP.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

I used to be like 9lbs and now I'm over a hundred. It's been quite an experience

oh you fat gently caress

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Basically what I think happened is I got older but kept eating like a young man and now I've got a dad bod

that's my story OP hope it helps

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Enfield posted:

or you could, you know, excersize

why eat food just to exercise it away? that's like spending gas money to go on a joy ride every day.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The White Dragon posted:

i hear you brah, i bought a ton of work pants this past year when i was a ~34" waist but then i walked to and from work every day which was 3mi each way cuz cheaper than driving dass why and now i'm like a 26-28" waist and my pants and belts are essentially worthless

It was a proud day when I had to drill a new hole in my belt, the tightest setting no longer worked !

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Fat cells are not destroyed or magically vanish when you lose weight

once your body has created new ones when you've gained a lot of weight, you're stuck with them. They are with you forever now. They can be depleted, but will easily fill right back up again

Which means that the fatter you get, the harder it's gonna be for you to get back to normal and stay there, whereas a healthy/athletic person who never got fat, will have an easy time maintaining their bodies

so in conclusion, do not get fat

Yep it's literally the worst thing, godamn sucks if you work like an animal trying to cut and then you slip up a bit during easter with your family and lose one month of weight loss because your fat cells hate you.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

gently caress off OP

Come now, this is some quality content.

Pick, are you getting fat?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
It's ok pick people will like you even if you are a lil' fat as long as you're a nice person who's fun to be around don't worry so much

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Its true. I crush puss on the regular.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
pls don't call the anorexic person fat

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I don't often break kayfabe here either, but I will for you Pick because I like your posting. Even your gimmick man-hater poo poo is pretty funny when the reactions start rolling in.

I've been on both sides of the aisle. Currently on the fat side and trying to hop back over. Warning, this ended up very long but you wanted to know what it feels like and this is what it feels like.

I've been overweight my entire life. I was told when I was 8 to lose weight by my pediatrician. I was actually quite an active kid, I did a lot of hiking and swimming and biking. In fact, one time I was sailing around a lake with some friends and fell off the boat so I decided to just swim it in. I wasn't even out of breath. But I was never able to lose the weight because every free moment I had I was eating. I have never not thought about food, mostly because I have a crushing case of sadbrains and I've had it as long as I can remember. It's a compulsion for me to eat because that is quite literally the happiest I feel all day, which is loving pathetic but then again I never asked for this.

I ended up having a freak out when I was in 7th grade because of the merciless bullying I suffered, mostly due to the few extra pounds I was still carrying. I ended up running away from home. I was pretty good at eluding the police, but eventually I gave up anyway and I was sent to live with my father. Explaining what my home life was like would take way too long but let's just say that my step-mother's kids were favored and my brother and I were the assholes, so she took any moment she could to gently caress with us. That included me being forced to sit at the table and watch while my siblings and parents all had dessert and extra helpings of dinner and whatnot while I silently battled my compulsion to just eat everything left on the table. It sucked but...I did lose the weight all the way down to the original few extra pounds I had when I was 8. Not that it helped with the dandruff, the horrific acne and the deep self-loathing. I was in fact publicly ridiculed by a large group of girls because someone else floated the idea that fat, pimply me needed a hug. Just a simple loving hug but I was too repulsive for even that. Pretty sure I ate an entire sleeve of pringles and a package of oreos washed down with milk and soda that day. I was a secret eater, so I did this behind the gas station about 5 miles from my house, just mindlessly stuffing it down. That was how I dealt with things.

I went to college and that's when I started to get bad. Without someone breathing down my neck and threatening to punish me if I ate more than I should, I put on probably 50 lbs. just in my freshman year. I was 320 lbs at my heaviest, but it took me until about age 24 to get there. It just kind of gradually happens, you don't even notice it at first. Every time you put on your clothes they're just a bit tighter, every time you look in the mirror your jaw is just a bit softer. Women stop looking at you or smiling when you look at them but you don't even notice that either. All that exists is eating, and it does bring a sort of pleasure because self-destruction usually involves doing a bunch of really fun and satisfying poo poo until you die. I didn't want to admit it to myself but I think I was trying to eat myself to death. After more than a decade of not touching anyone or being touched, though, I was starting to get extremely crazy and there was a huge danger of buying into such bullshit as inceldom or ladder theory or redpill bullshit. I'm not going to lie, there was a long period of time where I thought women were shallow, one dimensional creatures attracted primarily to looks and money. Then again, I was seeing spiders crawling out of the walls from the depression chemicals in my brain and poo poo, so I knew I wasn't firing on all cylinders. There was also a part of me deep inside that knew the truth. I was alone because I hated myself because I was fat. So I bought a bowflex off of a friend, educated myself about physiology a bit and put together a plan.

I lost nearly 100lbs in a year, and with that came the confidence I was so sorely lacking. I had so much attention from women I didn't know what to do with myself. I still couldn't get laid because rejection still terrified me so I never took chances. I was actually SEEING the chances now, though, even while still being too much of a coward to risk someone saying "no, i don't want to date you". I had been humiliated publicly by women so many times by this point that it just was not worth it to me. As it is, my current girlfriend had to show up to my apartment every night for a month before I got the message.

Then my life fell apart. My brother had developed a huge drug habit and wiped out my account. We knew each other's pins and poo poo for paying bills so he took my card and overdrafted my account by nearly $1000 on top of using the rent money every month to get high. he went to rehab. I got evicted. I lost my bowflex with which I built up my muscles and I lost my dog which was my main motivation to spend time outside. I am a loving weakling, and without those motivators I just let myself go. As it is, I am back up to 302 lbs. I feel terrible about myself but I just couldn't stop eating. Yes, I said COULDN'T because recently I started over. I've already dropped 20 lbs since I started and I'm really trying not to crush the chinese buffet every free moment I have but the cravings are very, very strong because I am not in a good place financially or emotionally. I'm trying hard to be a better man, though.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
i thought pick was a guy. stop eating so much junk

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Pringles and doritos and junk food in general taste disgusting, why dont you snack on fruit or something instead? Go buy a fucken bag of apples for like 2 dollars and just eat those instead. Don't put any ranch on your apples or whatever. Just stop eating literal poo poo

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Tenzarin posted:

Watch the Penn & Teller BULLSHIT! S5E01 episode about obesity!

Penn: "Being fat rules, idiots" *drinks soda and chocolate syrup at the same time*

Honky Dong Country posted:

poo poo like this is hard to gauge in my opinion. I'm 6'2 and even when I was slim as gently caress I was still always between 180-190 lbs which if you go by BMI was overweight for my age and height but I was trim as gently caress. Now I'm 30 and 250 lbs but I don't have a huge gut I just ain't ripped or anything. I don't have trouble with strenuous physical activity or stairs or anything like that but at 30 years old, 6'2 and 250 that puts me in the obese range when it comes to BMI. So I don't know. I feel good and do physical poo poo all the time, my cholesterol and blood pressure aren't garbage and doctors don't bitch at me about my weight so whatever.

?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

he looks like a bale of hay

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
I just gained 50 lbs in about a year and I am miserable. Granted, I was like 100 lbs and needed some weight, but ugh.

I want to keep the boob and lose everything else.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fog Tripper posted:

Come now, this is some quality content.

Pick, are you getting fat?

No, but I lost like 20 lbs in highschool and it changed my experiences a lot, I wondered if that was normal.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zorodius posted:

actually terrible advice.

It's a big part of the reason people have such a hard time losing weight. "I'd have to suffer through all that exercise!" nah, just eat less, you don't have to lift a finger.

Exercise if you want to be healthy and have a heart that isn't garbage, sure, but if you just want to lose weight, it's way easier to not-eat a Snickers than to jog for the 30 equivalent minutes.

If you try to do both, you'll probably feel like you need to "reward" yourself with food anyway, and wind up undoing all your progress.

jesus loving christ shut tje gently caress up you retard. god i hate this loving retard forum

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
just kidding you guys are great. jave fun with your disgusting grub bodies

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I went from 140 to 170 in a year because I went into an environment where people make quantities of food available to me with no effort. Turns out it wasn't actually that I could eat as much as I want and not gain weight, but rather that I could eat as much as I could be bothered to get and wouldn't gain weight.

So much for the idea that exercise helps you stay thin, being lazy as gently caress is what helps you stay thin.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Pick posted:

No, but I lost like 20 lbs in highschool and it changed my experiences a lot, I wondered if that was normal.

When human beings have bodies that look like human bodies, they become hot.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Leroy Dennui posted:

Penn: "Being fat rules, idiots" *drinks soda and chocolate syrup at the same time*

?

Nah I'm like...maybe half as chub as that dude.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Leroy Dennui posted:

?

Honestly if this dude dropped the excess weight, he would have a pretty drat manly physique for a guy his age.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
That dude is 99% torso

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Like if you gave him an FDA label you wouldn't be obligated to list arms, legs, or head

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I got fat a like age 7 thanks to being diagnosed with a reading disorder and having to go to special classes to deal with it and all of a sudden having the stigma of being the kid that went to retard school and losing all of my friends and retreating to video games and nerd poo poo basically my entire life.

Being fat is basically defaulting yourself to being the tag along friend who's the butt of a lot of jokes and the most likely to be ditched turned on and ignored. It sucks. It's not like earth shatteringly bad I mean I still ended up getting married and having a career but it just made everything harder.

So I was fat from like 8 to last year and then dropped 65 lbs and more every week and I gotta say being fat for almost my whole life sucked and IDGAF if I have to work my rear end off for the rest of my life I'm not getting fat again.

Oh also women hit on me now and do the whole giggling and playing with their hair and leaning close in when we talk and I totally get it now. It's not that women are complicated it's just that most of them really don't like fat gamers.

Being fat is bad.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I never had to worry about my weight until I stopped taking amphetamines and put on 50 lbs

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

poverty goat posted:

I never had to worry about my weight until I stopped taking amphetamines and put on 50 lbs

Wait, so all I need to do is start taking my Adderall again and I will lose weight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Pick posted:

For the better or worse?

Would you find it shallow if people treated you a lot better if you lost weight? That they didn't seem to value the other traits you might have the whole time, it's just now that you become thinner they suddenly find you more 'acceptable'?

Women get a lot of scrutiny over their bodies and it seems lovely they have to meet some societal ideal just to be wanted.

• Locked thread