Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

bitmap posted:

come on dude I dont want to know what any of you loving people look like

Which one of us is the goatman? He lurks among us...

More on topic, extreme fatness and broken brains are both shameful conditions (and kind of related in a lot of cases. Normal people don't end up 300+ lbs) and societal pressure needs to be applied to fix them. If you are depressed and taking your meds and trying to fix yourself, or fat and trying to exercise and change your diet, its admirable. If you retreat into alcoholism or cheesy potatoes in your corner, it's sad and pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

for reals, though, pick, dragon age buddy, go to therapy

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I have literally known one person to do the walk on an incline and just cut out desserts and soda and slowly lose the weight thing and stick with it.

Losing weight requires changing your habbits, either you want to change and do or you really dont and will drop your new years resolution in a week.

Lol at people saying exercise isnt an important part of maintaing a healthy weight and lifestyle just lol.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I have literally known one person to do the walk on an incline and just cut out desserts and soda and slowly lose the weight thing and stick with it.

Losing weight requires changing your habbits, either you want to change and do or you really dont and will drop your new years resolution in a week.

Lol at people saying exercise isnt an important part of maintaing a healthy weight and lifestyle just lol.

I don't think anyone said this

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
One of the best things about exercise is that it combats that feeling of being bloated. There's so much salt in most food that without exercise I feel like I'm carrying an additional 5 pounds of water.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
People are making fun/be wary of people that over-estimating how many calories they burn working out along with under-estimating how may calories they eat. Like that is the real fat causer.

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm going to get fat. I'm going to be fat. I'm going to become the fattest man in the world. I'm going to live in my fathouse and suck dick there. I'm going to gorge myself and die

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Yeah, weight change means changing your habits forever. It means changing how you live your life until you die.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
That's why it's hard as gently caress having fat friends/girlfriend. I lost a bunch of weight and decided to move in with my fat girlfriend cause she put up with me for years that I was obese so I figured I'd give her the same chance, and then she criticized my diet endlessly and just keep making shittier and shittier food and I fell back into old habits, now granted yeah my diet was boring before only eating tuna, spinach, chicken and rice but it worked for me.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I lost 250lbs and gained 250lbs in less then a year and now am working back down again. Gaining a ton of weight is the worst thing ever, doing it twice sucks even worse.

wtf how do you fall off the wagon after losing 250lbs? are you like 800lb and didn't notice much or something? :psyduck:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Yeah, weight change means changing your habits forever. It means changing how you live your life until you die.

It's a good thing that all my weight loss is because I got so sick and tired of being a computer nerd that I now literally enjoy shoveling snow in a blizzard more than sitting in front of a computer. As far as having my brain break and triggering a mid life crisis this one is turning out to be pretty bad rear end.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Friend of mine is beached whale fat, he married a girl with a similar build, they both bloated up further until she had gastric band surgery and left him for a normal sized person.

Oh well.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Rutibex posted:

wtf how do you fall off the wagon after losing 250lbs? are you like 800lb and didn't notice much or something? :psyduck:

Without getting all E/N, I was 465lbs, got down to 215 in under a year, then a unique combination of all my fat friends and girlfriend pressuring me and a general mental collapse from having to drop out of college to go work in a call center, and bam within 9 months I'm back up to where I was.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
That's why it's a good idea to keep your fat clothing, because you never know when you're going to fail completely.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Without getting all E/N, I was 465lbs, got down to 215 in under a year, then a unique combination of all my fat friends and girlfriend pressuring me and a general mental collapse from having to drop out of college to go work in a call center, and bam within 9 months I'm back up to where I was.

that sucks, I would not wish a call centre job on my worst enemy . keep at it, you can lose it again!

I am also now terrified to know it's possible to gain 250lb in 6 months. it takes 9 months to form a tiny baby, how can the body produce mass so quickly.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 25, 2017

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Rutibex posted:

that sucks, I would not wish a call centre job on my worst enemy . keep at it, you can lose it again!

Hopefully, I've lost a meager 10lb already, now I just need to figure out a way to get my girlfriend to actually lose weight, she has more of a reason to, since she has a condition called pseudotumor cerebri, which puts in her debilitating pain but lol she still refuses to lose weight and every time I talk about it or make good meals for myself and prep them for the week she'll make cupcakes or buy pizza.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
My wife has been getting skinnier along with me because unlike previous times I've tried to lose weight now I'm eating a balanced well rounded diet and just not piggging out and I'm being way more active, which means she is to.

Like, she's always been broad shouldered and muscular for a woman because of a physical job and sports but after we got married she kinda started getting pudgy because at home we'd both just kinda sit around and eat but she's dropping clothes sizes too.

It loving rules.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 25, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Hopefully, I've lost a meager 10lb already, now I just need to figure out a way to get my girlfriend to actually lose weight, she has more of a reason to, since she has a condition called pseudotumor cerebri, which puts in her debilitating pain but lol she still refuses to lose weight and every time I talk about it or make good meals for myself and prep them for the week she'll make cupcakes or buy pizza.

motivation must come from within unfortunatly

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Though if I keep rubber banding forever maybe I can get a world record for most weight lost over a life time.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
You'll probably have Boulder sized gallstones by then assuming you don't already.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Losing weight is really easy, i dont know why youre having such problems with it

could you in your own words explain what is so hard about it

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It's difficult to do unpleasant things like moving around and not feeding continuously?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Losing weight is really easy, i dont know why youre having such problems with it

could you in your own words explain what is so hard about it

From personal experience, loosing weight is incredibly easy and incredibly hard at the same time, like I lost all the weight the first time by just eating chicken, rice, tuna, spinach and eggs and riding a stationary bike for ten minutes (eventually going higher).

But I kept myself away from food, and I think that's the hard part like I didn't put myself in situations where I was around stuff and whenever I'm by things like that I have this horribly urge to gorge. So I try and never keep anything like that or that doesn't require preparation in the house.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have to admit sometimes it's hard like there's this place that bakes cookies in the food court I walk through when it's cold enough outside that I take my lunch walk inside and god drat do I ever want to stop every single time so I can buy a cookie even though they're like 300 kcal each.

But I just keep walking and if I really need a snack there's a dude that sells apples and bananas for 50c each and I buy one of those.

But I'm still thinking about those cookies, man.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

EvilJoven posted:

I have to admit sometimes it's hard like there's this place that bakes cookies in the food court I walk through when it's cold enough outside that I take my lunch walk inside and god drat do I ever want to stop every single time so I can buy a cookie even though they're like 300 kcal each.

But I just keep walking and if I really need a snack there's a dude that sells apples and bananas for 50c each and I buy one of those.

But I'm still thinking about those cookies, man.

It sounds stupid when I say stuff like that but yeah, like I have no better way to describe kind of that "eat the lovely food" urge than like basically your brain screaming at you to do it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
The trick is to go do something else.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I ate a giant bowl of spaghetti that I cooked last night. Like it's gotta be a pound of beef in the bolognese and 2 servings of pasta. Sometimes I dont this eat much but other times I do and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Perhaps eventually physics will decide to work and I will turn into a ball of lard instantly

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I ate a tomato sandwich. Tomato, salt and pepper on toasted sourdough. Tastes great.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
I once filled a frosting bag with half ranch sauce half hamburger meat, seasoned with tobasco and drank it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I hope you drained some of the grease, that poo poo is bad for you.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

that infamous low carb thread had people buying 10 gallon buckets to fill with lard. one guy was making like half a dozen eggs every morning with cheese and cooking it in the grease of 5 bacon strips. he lost weight but ended up with absurdly high cholesterol and blood pressure. i wish i had that screenshot of that series of post. one guy criticized him for not eating lean enough and ate a probation for it.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Mulaney Power Move posted:

that infamous low carb thread had people buying 10 gallon buckets to fill with lard. one guy was making like half a dozen eggs every morning with cheese and cooking it in the grease of 5 bacon strips. he lost weight but ended up with absurdly high cholesterol and blood pressure. i wish i had that screenshot of that series of post. one guy criticized him for not eating lean enough and ate a probation for it.

My parents did low carb back when that was the big new diet and I lived with them so I had to eat that way too, literally eggs and bacon for every meal but dinner which was steak 7 days a week. I actually gag when I try and eat steak now.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Friend of mine is beached whale fat, he married a girl with a similar build, they both bloated up further until she had gastric band surgery and left him for a normal sized person.

Oh well.

oh man i know that story, except my buddy married a girl with a similar build, they bloated up further, and now they make diabetic jokes on facebook while they continue to eat more and more

Oscar Wild posted:

I ate a tomato sandwich. Tomato, salt and pepper on toasted sourdough. Tastes great.

that does sound great, like a bruschetta, except a big enough portion to call a sandwich

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 25, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The White Dragon posted:

oh man i know that story, except my buddy married a girl with a similar build, they bloated up further, and now they make diabetic jokes on facebook while they continue to eat more and more

Man, that's not going to end well. My friend is diabetic too and drinks full fat coke etc, it's like a prolonged suicide attempt via food.

I kind of hate him for not taking better care of himself because he's got a 6yo son.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 25, 2017

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

crippling diabetes is no joke. my dad has always worked out but he's addicted to crackers and beer and when he hit 60 he finally got the betus. now he gets boils that won't heal, he acts like he has dementia if he gets drunk and eats pizza, and most recently he got frozen shoulder. i feel so bad for him but it took him way too long to start changing his habits.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Man, that's not going to end well. My friend is diabetic too and drinks full fat coke etc, it's like a prolonged suicide attempt via food.

I kind of hate him for not taking better care of himself because he's got a 6yo son.

It's kind of too late. he'll die and become soap.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Quick calculation, I guess he's about 100ilb of fat. So there's at least 200 - 400 pounds of premium potential soap there :sun:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 25, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
have you seen this movie fight club it's badass

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bust Rodd posted:

Is there a good starter thread for weight loss/diet in YLLS? This thread showed up immidiately as my Dr. told me to lose 30 lbs for health reasons. Ive been in better shape before, but now I might die, and I'm clueless about what the steps to take are...

I know other people said to go to the general thread but a lot of people in there can be serious pricks. We literally have a Weight Loss Thread in YLLS as well. We're not experts but it can be encouraging and although you aren't required, we do a weekly weigh in and list our progress or failures and I can't think of a single person in there who's a dick and not encouraging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
The best weight loss thread was the Fat is Beautiful thread, I woke up every morning, read some posts and worked out really hard.

• Locked thread