Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
i find that it's better not to take yourself too seriously. when I fly into a rage at even the slightest hint of criticism, I do it in a fun, lighthearted way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
notice how my enemies list is written with three different pastel colors, and the i's have hearts over them, and the last person on the list is me. you can tell when you read the names of who i'm going to destroy that i'm not too intense about it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

People always tell me "Stop acting so serious!" but why? should I be serious for real? because I'm totally joking. I'm not actually being serious so maybe you should lighten up a bit

vanisher

There is no better compliment than the attention of ones associates I say as a fellow prisoners shank pierces my rib cage

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Farg
"why so serious?" - joker

----------------

Impkins Patootie

nay do i :agreed:

FactsAreUseless

I'm basically like the trickster god Loki: I do what I think is cool, and I love to hang out with my friends, and I don't care about what's on the news.

FactsAreUseless

What a normal person might do, is they might have a job that they take seriously, or a relationship, but I'm more casual about life. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I haven't been to the dentist in a while.

City of Glompton

life's too short to waste time keeping track of minor slights against me. I have an app that does it instead.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

a fuckin subaru

vroom vroom
i purposely have no strong opinions so i can never be wrong. led zep? hell yeah, thats a classic and you cant argue that jack. its a gd checkmate my man. its so easy. everyone should do it

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I'm not sure you're generalizing from your experience the right way. There are three reasonable interpretations and you've picked one arbitrarily.
1 (yours). One should not take oneself seriously.
2. One should not take you seriously.
3. You should not take anyone seriously.
My guess is all three are correct.

cda

by Hand Knit

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm basically like the trickster god Loki: I do what I think is cool, and I love to hang out with my friends, and I don't care about what's on the news.

----------------

Grandmother of Five

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
When someone upsets me, I try to remove myself from the situation and put in some distance, allowing for a perspective where I can more easily pretend to crush their head between my thumb and index-finger.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"Are you serious?" I found me asking myself.

"No;" was all I could reply. There may have been more, but who really cares?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

cda

by Hand Knit

Farg posted:

This is a good quote because I'm a lot like The Joker only more so, like where if someone mispronounced his last name the Joker might get angry, but you can tell from the exaggerated way I roll my eyes and stomp out of the room that its' all a joke to me and to prove it I'm going to prank you back by letting all the air out of your tires so when you try to escape I can catch up to you running and jump on the hood of your car with a crowbar because its all a game to me.

----------------

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

FactsAreUseless posted:

What a normal person might do, is they might have a job that they take seriously, or a relationship, but I'm more casual about life. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I haven't been to the dentist in a while.

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
Serious about anything is only asking for to lose interest. sad

----------------

posting smiling

FactsAreUseless posted:

i am he

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

Manifisto

I take my cues on whether to take myself seriously from the laugh track

going into hospital operating rooms is about the only way I can achieve constructive self-reflection

ty nesamdoom!

posting smiling
i know better than to buy into my bullshit. when i say stuff like "i'm gonna get up early tomorrow" or "i should try eating healthier" i accompany it with a big jerking off motion to show that i'm not fooled. then i make a stupid face and say "duuuuuhh" as an example of how i dumb i sound.

cda

by Hand Knit
the thing that makes me the maddest, i s when people ask if i'm mad, because i'm not, and they should know better, if they would just read the t-shirt i'm wearing

----------------

death sext

been a sardonic badass for as long as I can remember. picture me, reciting the Girl Scout promise with a wry smile. just born that way, I guess

Impkins Patootie

a fuckin subaru posted:

i purposely have no strong opinions so i can never be wrong. led zep? hell yeah, thats a classic and you cant argue that jack. its a gd checkmate my man. its so easy. everyone should do it

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings
I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold

deep dish peat moss

Interviewer: Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

Me: Not very seriously.

Interviewer: Excuse me?

Me: I'm seeing myself, but not very seriously. I like to keep my options open.

Impkins Patootie

deep dish peat moss posted:

Interviewer: Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

Me: Not very seriously.

Interviewer: Excuse me?

Me: I'm seeing myself, but not very seriously. I like to keep my options open.

Retired. :cabot: :420:

(as in dead :ssh: )

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
The only serious thing about me is my satellite radio subscription.

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

cda

by Hand Knit
Doctor: I'm afraid it's terminal

Me: lol

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

cda posted:

...terminal not caring, that is!!! ohohohohoho

Macnult

cda posted:

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I usually take it easy, like when someone cuts me off in traffic I almost always stop tailgating them after only 3 miles, and when my neighbors dog barks at night I barely even toss the brick through his window

precision

by VideoGames
whenever someone criticizes me i politely tell them that i am in fact harder on myself than anyone so they can go have a nice day!!!!

----------------

alnilam

cda posted:

Me: bash or dos lmao

City of Glompton

I'm glad you don't take yourself seriously op since nobody else does

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

little munchkin

Farg posted:

"i don't take myself seriously" - me

"I'm sorry, I wasn't actually talking to you, there was someone else directly behind you. Apologies for the embarrassment" - joker

----------------

little munchkin
Judge is reading off a list of all the crimes I've been accused of and the courtroom gets more and more silent as each one is read off, all of them more violent and heinous than the last. She's trying to stay stern and professional but her voice noticeably shakes as the list goes on.

me: "life is kind of funny in a way"

----------------

alnilam

little munchkin posted:

Judge is reading off a list of all the crimes I've been accused of and the courtroom gets more and more silent as each one is read off, all of them more violent and heinous than the last. She's trying to stay stern and professional but her voice noticeably shakes as the list goes on.

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

little munchkin posted:

vanisher

little munchkin posted:

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Grandmother of Five posted:

When someone upsets me, I try to remove myself from the situation and put in some distance, allowing for a perspective where I can more easily pretend to crush their head between my thumb and index-finger.

• Locked thread