Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V5TOaaeRTQ

10 years after the world escaped destruction due to the revival of Bahamut, humans at the royal capital gather wealth, the demons are enslaved to assist with the capital's revival, and the gods lose their power due to a decrease in religious piety. The world is thrown off balance as humans, gods, and demons hold their own ideas of justice.

Shingeki no Bahamut (translated as Rage of Bahamut): Virgin Soul is a fantasy action anime based (loosely) on Cygames' mobile card battle game of the same name. It is the sequel to Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, and directed by Keiichi Satou (who did season 1, and also Tiger and Bunny) of studio Mappa (breakaway studio from Madhouse, did Yuri on Ice). Series composition is by Shizuka Oishi, who is new to anime writing, she did a lot of j-dramas curiously.

It's real good.

Characters:

Kaiser Lidfard - Likes honour.

Bacchus + Hamsa - Likes booze.

King Charioce XVII - Likes racism.

'Rag demon' (Azazel) - Like batman.

Nina Drango - Likes hot boys,

I haven't seen season 1... can I watch this?
You should, it's a good show. Theoretically with the new main character you can just start here, but you're missing out a lot, many of the characters from the previous show return here.

Remind me what happened in season 1?
Didn't you just say... well, anyway. Humans, demons and angels exist in this fantasy world. Once upon a time there was a dragon called Bahamut, who was so terrifying and destructive that both Satan and Zeus, the head God, had to sacrifice themselves to seal him away. Thousands of years later, Kaiser (a knight) is pursuing Favaro (a bounty hunter) due to their dads killing each other. Favaro meets a girl, Amira, who binds him into a contract to deliver her to Helheim. During the course of their adventure/pursuit various events happen - Kaiser meets Rita a necomancer/zombie. They stay for a bit in Anatae (which is definitely not France) which is defended by the holy knight, Jeanne of Arc. They cooperate to defeat Azazel, who is Lucifer's right hand man, who also reveals he manipulated both Kaiser and Favaro's being orphaned mostly for fun. Lavalley, one of the knights there, turns the King against Jeanne, which leads to her going crazy evil. Turns out Lavalley is the demon Martinet all the time, is the dad to the half-demon-half-angel Amira, who is key to a plot to recover both of the keys to Bahamut and gain real ultimate power/destroy the universe/etc. They meet a not-evil dragon in an alternative dimension who is impaled by a talon from Bahamut himself, which is the only way to hurt Bahamut. Everything goes to poo poo, Bahamut absorbs Amira and awakens. Everyone, including the demons and angels work together, Jeanne is cured but loses all her powers by stabbing her patron archangel to death, Kaiser and Favaro lose an arm and a leg respectively, Lavalley is killed, Favaro stabs Bahamut with a sword fashioned of his own claw, sealing him away. Favaro still thinks Amira can be saved somehow, and leaves the city.

How many episodes is this gonna be?
24 episodes. Rumours are that all of the first 12 episodes are already animated, so hopefully this series won't be rushed. (The other rumour is that Yuri on Ice had issues precisely because they were animating this series at the same time.....)

My headcanon is that this is in the same multiverse as miss kobayashi's dragon maid and thats why...
That's not a question

Favaro?
FAVAROOOOO!

The show is on Anime Strike. Official website: https://shingekinobahamut-virginsoul.jp/en/

Fangz fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hurray for a proper thread! :woop:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So Kaisar and Rita have a kid now.

Well then.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Thanks for making the thread! :)

E; Wait... XVII!? they went through 4 kings in 10 years?

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 23, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Amira's first outfit was better than the second one

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
It had a witch's hat and everything.

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
Season 1 was great. Good art and action, nothing else matters.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Blank Construct posted:

This needs explaining more than anything else.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Actually, thinking on it, it might be just that XIV-XVI got wiped out when Bahamut woke up and blew up the capital along with everyone else who was there.

E: either that or XVII was the only one who wanted to take the throne of a ruined kingdom

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 23, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Blank Construct posted:

Actually, thinking on it, it might be just that XIV-XVI got wiped out when Bahamut woke up and blew up the capital.

I'm now imagining a string of increasingly rushed and annoyed coronations as the fireballs rained down.

"Rise, Charioce X- oh, gently caress it, not again. Bob, how many more of these guys do we have left?"

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Glad someone made a proper thread for this show. I loved season 1 even if I did tap out around episode 7 or 8 and this season has been excellent so far. Nina is an appropriate successor to Favaro as the protagonist, that's for sure.

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

This hungry girl is very thirsty.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Does it appear yet that this season's going to be deeper than the last?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Does it appear yet that this season's going to be deeper than the last?

Deeper meaning what, exactly?

That Favaro reveal was the best loving thing and I hope he shows up down the line.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I kinda doubt this show will pull a Shinsekai Yori if that's what you are thinking. It'll probably just always be cheesy but well made entertainment.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm glad I got into it because strong thirsty girls are excellent.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
When's my boy fava bean

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nina posted:

When's my boy fava bean
Probably whenever he strolls up into town, saves Nina (who probably has somehow learned not to transform in his presence) and asks "Kaiser who's this bitch king?"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Nina never transformed when with Favaro cause he's not bishounen enough. Even if they did up his handsomeness this season

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Maybe Favaro hid in a sack the entire time.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
maybe favaro strapped fish to his face the whole time

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
he probably couldn't stop himself from pulling goofy faces

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Xinder posted:

I'm glad I got into it because strong thirsty girls are excellent.

It's a good year for thirsty dragon girls.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Baha Baha Baha Soul

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Blank Construct posted:

That's not at all unusual, especially in a crises. And I'm p sure "Our strong lady turned into a demon because we burned her to death, then the king, his army, and the capital got exploded by a pissed off dragon" counts as a crisis.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nina "Low Profile" Drango

I hope she gets to eat all the food and also kiss all the boys.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 27, 2017

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

a kitten posted:

Nina "Low Profile" Drango

I hope she gets to eat all the food and also kiss all the boys.

The problem with Nina kissing the boys is that that can only happen once a day since her heart explodes into a dragon every time that happens.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

She can kiss as a dragon,

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Fangz posted:

She can kiss as a dragon,

Dragons ain't got no lips, Fangz.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

paragon1 posted:

Ain't even got lips!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Also I hope that if she tries kissing someone as a dragon that it's someone she wants dead.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

paragon1 posted:

How do reptiles/dragons reproduce anyways?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
reptiles are real, and most but not all of them lay eggs. dragons are fictional, so it depends on what a given author makes up.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

reptiles are real, and most but not all of them lay eggs. dragons are fictional, so it depends on what a given author makes up.

Step 1 of either process being sex. Unless an author decides that somehow dragons reproduce asexually.

Imagine dragons that reproduced like the fairies in HHD...

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Grouchio posted:

How do reptiles/dragons reproduce anyways?

Ask a herpatologist and/or wizard.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Well, first you find a nice japanese office lady, and then you get her to marry you and eat your tail,

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

It sounds as if Nina's father did the fantasy equivalent of the above, though I wonder just who her father was dragon wise - the other people in her village seem to turn into rather smaller dragons who one presumes are not so apocalyptically powerful and unstoppable.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Patrat posted:

It sounds as if Nina's father did the fantasy equivalent of the above, though I wonder just who her father was dragon wise - the other people in her village seem to turn into rather smaller dragons who one presumes are not so apocalyptically powerful and unstoppable.
BAHAMUTTO

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Azazel needs to work on his courting technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Sindai posted:

Azazel needs to work on his courting technique.

Quite.

So, who is Mugaro's dad? The king? Kaiser??????

• Locked thread