Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

CrashScreen posted:

Next up: the land of the gods. I'm looking forward to it.

I know the passed over the subject in the first season, but I forgot: what ever happened to Zeus and Satan? I remember they put all their energies into sealing Bahamut and then...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

StarMinstrel posted:

I know the passed over the subject in the first season, but I forgot: what ever happened to Zeus and Satan? I remember they put all their energies into sealing Bahamut and then...?

they were the keys to sealing him weren't they?

like the two literal keys that were needed to unseal him

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Manatee Cannon posted:

they were the keys to sealing him weren't they?

like the two literal keys that were needed to unseal him

Oh right -_- so i guess they ded

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

StarMinstrel posted:

They're the two keys holding Bahamut in place now. Thus, the power struggle in hell that kicked off the events of the first season.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Are we expecting the half-demon girl from last season to pop up? I forget her name. In fact, I forget most of last season, but the plot is irrelevant to my enjoyment of this show.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Apparently Lucifer is the demon opposite Azazel in the new OP. I remember he showed up in the first season, but he didn't leave much of an impression.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I think he only had like one or two appearances in it. He wasn't incredibly important to the actual story, even though he had significance in the plot. I guess we'll be seeing more of him this time.

Also, I keep forgetting that the figure for the gods is Zeus.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

There Bias Two posted:

Are we expecting the half-demon girl from last season to pop up? I forget her name. In fact, I forget most of last season, but the plot is irrelevant to my enjoyment of this show.

Amira? She will almost certainly not be back, I don't think. We already have the big threat here, they won't make Bahamut relevant again.

I'm glad Jeanne got a hug this episode.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Fangz posted:

Amira? She will almost certainly not be back, I don't think. We already have the big threat here, they won't make Bahamut relevant again.

I don't know, the show is still called BAHAMUT, and it's not like animes aren't known for their late plot zany twisty puppetmaster reveals.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

StarMinstrel posted:

I don't know, the show is still called BAHAMUT, and it's not like animes aren't known for their late plot zany twisty puppetmaster reveals.

nina is gonna be the bahamut

amira is dead isn't she. legit don't know what happened with her at the end of last season

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Manatee Cannon posted:

nina is gonna be the bahamut

amira is dead isn't she. legit don't know what happened with her at the end of last season

I think her fate was left open.

Also, does the game have lore that fills in more of the story gaps?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
the game is barely even a game

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
http://i.imgur.com/GglW4qr.gifv

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Maybe it'll be like Jurassic World where Bahamut shows up to strike down the weird hand thing. Also I think Favaro said he'd look for a way to free Almira in the first series but maybe I'm mis-remembering.

This show has been so good week to week. Just thought I'd say that!!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blank Construct posted:

Maybe it'll be like Jurassic World where Bahamut shows up to strike down the weird hand thing. Also I think Favaro said he'd look for a way to free Almira in the first series but maybe I'm mis-remembering.

This show has been so good week to week. Just thought I'd say that!!!

He does say that and she is 100% gonna appear at some point.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I didn't notice until this episode that Nina's last name is a barely anagram of dragon.

I'm going to assume she came up with it as a clever disguise

tpg0007
Aug 4, 2009

Fangz posted:

I'm glad Jeanne got a hug this episode.

Apparently Cygames released a special Amira card for their other CCG Granblue Fantasy, which has its own anime adaptation. No idea if Amira makes a guest appearance there though.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Really distressed that the hairball in the first ED wasn't Favaro's shaved afro.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

an actual dog posted:

Really distressed that the hairball in the first ED wasn't Favaro's shaved afro.

How do you know?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I mean, the pet thing they showed today could be a shaved afro, but it seems unlikely lol

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

an actual dog posted:

I mean, the pet thing they showed today could be a shaved afro, but it seems unlikely lol

Wait there's a new ep?! ahh

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

They grow up so fast.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So El is going to turn out to be an arrogant little brat?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

There Bias Two posted:

So El is going to turn out to be an arrogant little brat?

That's what happens when you name a kid God.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
one day you're making him wear cute dresses and the next he thinks he's god. They grow up so fast :sigh:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nina continues to be the best at lying.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Nina was Mugaro's parent only briefly but overall probably did the best job of it.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Wow those prison guardians.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Turns out heaven is ridiculously poo poo at guarding prisons.

"Hey I want to go for a walk."

"OKAY!"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I've been out of the loop for 3 weeks what did I miss?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Three episodes.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Tune in and you, too, can find out what you missed these past three weeks!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

one day you're making him wear cute dresses and the next he's stealing other people's dresses to wear

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

StarMinstrel posted:

Wow those prison guardians.

I actually like how they gave the impression that Heaven is so understaffed they're reduced to relying on interns for everything.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Apparently the show is getting a 2-week hiatus. It will be back August 18.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

madmac posted:

I actually like how they gave the impression that Heaven is so understaffed they're reduced to relying on interns for everything.

Well, also, how many prison breaks do you think Heaven could possibly have ever seen?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

This was a very good episode, and I really like where we're going. Though it does feel a little ominous too.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Nina continues to be a master of disguise.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This was an absolutely gorgeous episode. I wonder if the King plans on using her to accomplish his goal, or if he is genuinely torn over it.

I suspect he might be trying to break into the afterlife somehow and recover his mother.

The realm of the gods doesn't really seem like the place where souls go after death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I reckon that the guard captain with the blackened face is the real power behind the throne, and Charioce is just in too deep and is way too hooked on the promise Singeface has offered him to back out despite the fact that the people he's thrown his lot in with are clearly awful. Unless I'm mistaken, most of his serious dick moves have been when Singeface was nearby, haven't they? It would certainly explain the vast disconnect between Charioce and Chris, if he's only operating as a tyrant because someone else has him by the balls.

• Locked thread