Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I guess angels beat dragons beat humans stab angels, it's a rock paper scissors thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
are dragonfolk demons? was that guy a demon who learned to transform into a dragon?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea idk what was up with that. I figured he was a demon at first, but then he turned into a dragon. then azazel said he was a demon and idk

maybe he was half demon, half dragon like nina's half human

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

I was not expecting that.

yeah, I was expecting him to capture Mugaro, not straight-up shank him

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Poor Mugaro just doesn't catch a break. Also how long is this supposed to be going? Are we gonna get 12 more episodes next season or is it just 3 left for the whole Virgin Soul part? I still feel there was a lot of meandering about this time and that so far the namesake of the show is quite absent. My guess was that Charioce was preparing for the return of said Bahamut trough an ironfist ruling but who knows at this point really.

Popoto fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 10, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Have I missed much since episode 13? At all?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Grouchio posted:

yes you dumbass

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Grouchio posted:

This isn't the kind of show that is slow and plodding. Each episode has significant developments.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Grouchio posted:

Yes, you missed 9 episodes. Watch the show or don't already.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Maybe he meant to post in the Re:Creators thread

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sindai posted:

Maybe he meant to post in the Re:Creators thread

Is it still bad? I stopped watching a few episodes in.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

There Bias Two posted:

Is it still bad? I stopped watching a few episodes in.

Yeah, it's hell of 'meta' though so there are people who insist it's not garbage.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
this show should really have been 13 episodes.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Relin posted:

this show should really have been 13 episodes.

What's wrong with the pacing? It doesn't feel drawn out to me.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
This show is strange. It's got a great cast & beautiful action & animation, but compared to last season, it just feels... slow.

Luckily, I have a solution.
1. Favaro's hair should be bigger and redder.

2. Whenever Favaro's not on the screen, the other characters should shout "FAVAROOOOO"

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Eela6 posted:

This show is strange. It's got a great cast & beautiful action & animation, but compared to last season, it just feels... slow.

Luckily, I have a solution.
1. Favaro's hair should be bigger and redder.

2. Whenever Favaro's not on the screen, the other characters should shout "FAVAROOOOO"

It probably has a lot to do with the fact that there isn't much of an adventure going on. The characters are all rooted in one spot for the most part.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

There Bias Two posted:

It probably has a lot to do with the fact that there isn't much of an adventure going on. The characters are all rooted in one spot for the most part.

There you have it. That's funny, it seems like such an obvious thing once you point it out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, most of the important stuff happens around charioce, and he has no reason to go gallivanting across the world.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Eela6 posted:

There you have it. That's funny, it seems like such an obvious thing once you point it out.

I was kind of hoping they'd eventually leave the city and go elsewhere once the king's motivations became clear, but that hasn't really happened. The dragonfolk village was lively, but the demons are shacked up in a dark hole somewhere and most of the land of the gods is empty now.

This particular tale doesn't take advantage of the vibrant setting as much as the previous one.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The latest episode raises far, far more questions than it answers. Also,

Bahamut CGI sticks out like a sore thumb

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The audio on Nina punching those armored dudes was hilariously bad.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I think that's the first time I've seen such an obvious sound screwup.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

paragon1 posted:

The audio on Nina punching those armored dudes was hilariously bad.

I'm glad I wasn't crazy in thinking that it sounded like there was zero impact in those blows.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

So we know why Charioce built the giant hand-gun thing, but do we know why he attacked the gods/angels and enslaved the demons?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maera Sior posted:

So we know why Charioce built the giant hand-gun thing, but do we know why he attacked the gods/angels and enslaved the demons?

Yeah, none of that makes much sense.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Well we know he attacked angels because they were the ones guarding the relics he needed. As for the demons, it was a party of them that caused Bahamut to return to begin with, and they were still humanity's enemy. I'm guessing it's got something to do with that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
He was a good guy all along!

Except for all the wars and brutal slavery.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he could have probably been explicit about the whole "bahamut isn't dead and will come back so let's kill it for real this time" thing and most people would have been pretty on board with it. killing and enslaving the demons is a point that only makes sense for azazel's character arc. it doesn't make any sense for charioce (he even played with those demon kids so he clearly doesn't hate them on general principle like he does bahamut). they'll need to explain that one away at some point but idk how they make him not seem like an rear end in a top hat about it

There Bias Two posted:

The latest episode raises far, far more questions than it answers. Also,

Bahamut CGI sticks out like a sore thumb

the cgi has always been insanely bad and obvious in this show. it's not as bad as first season bahamut tho because lol

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
He needed a massive amount of forced labor to get the project done and rebuild the capital in general and hey what do you know here's a city full of physically strong people that all his supporters hate.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
except the people working on the hand in prison were all human. i think charioce attacked the demons preemptively. once he weakened the angels and left them even less inclined to help humanity than usual, the demons definitely would have used that opportunity to attack humanity. you know, like they had been doing on and off throughout all of recorded history. a full scale war with demons would suck away all the money and manpower he needed to restore the superweapon. if he wanted to remove the demons as a threat while working on the hand, enslaving their entire race certainly worked.

charioce is pragmatic, but still definitely a monster.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the demons in general are handled in a weird way. like in the first season, demons were pretty objectively evil in how the show portrayed them. always trying to attack the human settlements and azazel and cerberus were shown in a pretty negative light. now they're on the receiving end but there's zero introspection on their part about it. feels like they skipped a few steps here

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure the show is still treating him as a villain as well. I agree on the point about the demons, too. Genocide is clearly wrong, especially with how it frames the demons this time around, but I can't help but think about how often demon genocide is treated as acceptable in other shows anyway. If the first season also managed to end with, "And thus, all the demons were vanquished!" would anyone have bat an eye? Demons make the subject matter real weird.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the angels and demons in this setting are utterly divorced from creation myths. they are all just sentient races inhabiting the same world. none of them are inherently good or evil, despite how demons acted in s1.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Oh yeah, and the first few episodes definitely make that clear. No matter how you look at it, Charioce is definitely a horrible person. Even if his end-goal is somewhat positive, the means is just utterly atrocious.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

jotaro demon

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Finally caught up. It's a shame Charioce is such a dick because he and Nina are so cute together. I rarely give a poo poo about romance stuff but they did a great job of giving that couple chemistry.

Speaking of which, Kaisar and Favaro are such a great odd couple. The easy friendship they have in this season is sold so well. It's cool to watch grown-man confident badass Favaro. I think the scene where he decked Charioce is the best little moment in a show full of great little moments.

I've been up and down on this season but overall I'm positive.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
rita's corpse surfing solution owned

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like kaiser and mugaro are both somehow gonna be alive at the end of this

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
they have someone who can fix it, and she's standing right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I feel like the plot and characterization is falling really flat here in the final stretch, but I'll be damned if it isn't well executed and entertaining anyway. The show is just fun to watch, regardless of what's happening and I think that has a lot of merit in itself.

Also Rita is still the best.

• Locked thread