Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!
A very quick paintjob so this guy can join my Rogue Stars crew.

He flies so I did this month's challenge.
I also did The Daily Double since he was impossible to assemble the way he's supposed to. I used the January and September challenges.
Difference from stock model for September:

The gun is different.
WIP photos for January:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete!

While definitely hulking killers, I am afraid they may be a little small to claim for Monster May-hem!. At least these new sculpts are on 50mm bases these days!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk, Oath for May four space stations from the Hawk Wargames modular space station kit. Hard plastic, 1:9150 scale.

Gonna claim A Flying Start on this.
EDIT: Also think I can claim Take one for the team.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!
A Flying Start Jurnul for the Gargoyle

Claiming a Faithful replica for the Titanite Demon

Additionally claiming The Daily Double for the gargoyle. Did A flying start, time to shine, and back to base-ics on him.

Need 4 Speed!

Edit to include these are for Monster Mayhem!

Pash fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 31, 2017

Impeccable Lemon
May 20, 2017
I, Impeccable Lemon, Oath to paint this GW Tau Razorshark and its attached ion drones for the month of May.

Hi folks! First oath, and while it's a bit late to start, pretty confident I can get it done. Been in the hobby for a couple years, but with work and life in general, well, haven't found much motivation to really sit down and paint. And I've gotten so very tired of looking at the sea of primed and half finished models.

Looking forward to painting with you all.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for May four space stations from the Hawk Wargames modular space station kit. Hard plastic, 1:9150 scale.

Gonna claim A Flying Start on this.
EDIT: Also think I can claim Take one for the team.

Impeccable Lemon posted:

I, Impeccable Lemon, Oath to paint this GW Tau Razorshark and its attached ion drones for the month of May.

Hi folks! First oath, and while it's a bit late to start, pretty confident I can get it done. Been in the hobby for a couple years, but with work and life in general, well, haven't found much motivation to really sit down and paint. And I've gotten so very tired of looking at the sea of primed and half finished models.

Looking forward to painting with you all.

Approved!

grassy gnoll posted:

Yes. I've never done Rescue before - you want us to claim it when we post the original oath, or after it's done like the other stuff?

While I'm bugging you and on a similar topic, for Monster May-hem, do you want a declaration thereof with my oath post or once I'm finished?

The rescue thing is part of the achievement, I need to know in advance so I can approve the oath. Unless otherwise stated claims and competitions are only needed in the completion post though. FYI the addition is approved also.

quote:

Rescue Ranger: Finish painting a figure you’d started but never gotten around to completing. This is an exception to the ‘undercoated only’ rule - when posting your Oath featuring a rescue model, state that you are rescuing it and show it in it’s current state. You can’t claim Need 4 Speed on a Rescue model.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

One Heresy Dragon. Claiming Jurnal on him.

This guy was fun to paint but a pain to get good photos of, I think this season I may have to get around to upgrading my photo setup.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint for May 2017: (1) Fat Yuan Yuan, Combat Action; and (1) Gryphon! Both 28mm; the pudgy space pirate dude is from Corvus Belli, the winged beastie is from Reaper Bones.

...And hopefully my work won't explode at me this month. (The green stuff is, um, liquid greenstuff. Also I had to screw with the contrast a bit to get the screne to read properly; let me know if it still needs fixing.)

As part of my oath this month, I'm going for the Need 4 Speed achievement! Here's my Before pic:

(Hopefully you can read the time stamp....)

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

Monster May-hem! for the Mega-Dread, obvs and A Flying Start for the Stormby.

Manual Achievements
need for speed on the Stormboy: started him this morning finished a short while ago. Claiming The Daily Double for the Mega-dread; the two challenges are Time to Shine (gloss varnish) & Back to Base-ics.
Start: Finish:

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dr. Gargunza posted:

As part of my oath this month, I'm going for the Need 4 Speed achievement! Here's my Before pic:

(Hopefully you can read the time stamp....)

And here's the After pic (featuring still-wet wash)!

how the crap am i still awake

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

Claiming A Flying Start
Arguing for Daily Double- "Feeling The Heat" from August for fire bits and "Time to Shine" for the shiny gloss on those fire bits.

This is probably the best figure I've painted and one of the few art-related things I've done I'm genuinely proud of(until Vermintide comes along with his Fire Demon and makes mine look like crap in comparison)

Takuan fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 23, 2017

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android, Oath this floating eye beast (Reaper, 28mm) for the month of May

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Takuan posted:

Oath Complete

Claiming A Flying Start
Arguing for Daily Double- "Feeling The Heat" from August for fire bits and "Time to Shine" for the shiny gloss on those fire bits.

This is probably the best figure I've painted and one of the few art-related things I've done I'm genuinely proud of(until Vermintide comes along with his Fire Demon and makes mine look like crap in comparison)

This is the most Metal thing I've seen in ages. Nicely done.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
I, Adhuin, Oath these Yu Jing troops (Corvus Belli, 28mm) for the month of May

On front:
Yojimbo, Mercenary on foot
Guilan, Ghost Wolf with combi rifle
Yaoxie Remote with spitfires

On back
Yaoxie Remote with heavy flamethrower
and
Yojimbo, Mercenary on bike (Rescue Ranger)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Android posted:

I, Android, Oath this floating eye beast (Reaper, 28mm) for the month of May

adhuin posted:

I, Adhuin, Oath these Yu Jing troops (Corvus Belli, 28mm) for the month of May

On front:
Yojimbo, Mercenary on foot
Guilan, Ghost Wolf with combi rifle
Yaoxie Remote with spitfires

On back
Yaoxie Remote with heavy flamethrower
and
Yojimbo, Mercenary on bike (Rescue Ranger)

Approved!

There's a little over a week left for everyone to get their Oaths and Completions in! There's not a lot of competition out there for Monster May-Hem if you want a shot at the prize too!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath! A Gargoyle.
Steamforged Games

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, oath these minis for May 2017:

Carrion Emissary
Lord Chompy Bits

(both by Wyrd for Malifaux in 28mm scale. Hopefully these are big enough to get into Monster Mayhem, it's hard to find bigger stuff in the system)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath! A Gargoyle.
Steamforged Games

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, oath these minis for May 2017:

Carrion Emissary
Lord Chompy Bits

(both by Wyrd for Malifaux in 28mm scale. Hopefully these are big enough to get into Monster Mayhem, it's hard to find bigger stuff in the system)

Approved!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Addition!

I Floppychop, oath to paint one Deffkopta, by GW

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 8, 2017

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath one Seraph and Auxbot by Corvus Belli, 28mm scale, for May 2017

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Addition: 2 Geckos, Corvus Belli 28mm

Oath Complete

Claiming the May challenge, Flying Start. The Seraph has wings and flies, zoom zoom.

Attempting Rescue Ranger for the Geckos.

This is where it gets weird.

Claiming the Daily Double for faction flags on the Geckos and the Santiago crests on the Seraph and Auxbot (Raise Your Flag) and the shiny sword on the Seraph (Time to Shine).

In case anyone was thinking about doing something similar, I used one of those Molotow silver pens on the sword, and while it applies great and looks like genuine chrome on plastic, it just doesn't work on metal. I haven't tried it on anything made of resin.

Also submitting these big robots for Monster May-hem. Infinity doesn't do huge guys, but this is about as big as they get. If they qualify, cool! If not, such is life. Here's my comparison pic.

Regardless, thanks for putting up with me being a dumbass, Zark.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, Oath to paint these 5 15mm M1IP Abrams for May. Battlefront miniatures for Team Yankee, 2x platoons and a command tank.

Edit: Forgot to bold text.

Oath Complete

Sorry about the bad photos.

Manual Achievements

Take one for the team

A faithful replica

A recipe for success

I don't have an airbrush and these are the first things I've put a brush two in years, but if you like the results try this:

I was aiming for a group of tanks operational in the field for a little while, hence the missing rear sprocket guards and weathering.

1. Base coat the tanks in flat black. I use cheap paint from the local auto store.
2. Unload your brush until it's juussst off dry brush levels of Vallejo Model Air 71.294 US Forest Green. Try not to cry because you're using airbrush consistency paint. Keep going until it's just off a streaky mess, should be roughly 3 coats.
3. Wash panel seems and the like with Army Painter Dark Tone.
4. Dry brush forest green again. Repeat until your coverage is good.
5. Equipment (ammo hoppers and jerry cans) are painted with VMC 70.887 Brown Violet. Brake lights on the rear are two light coats of VMC 70.957 Flat Red. Guns are flat black. Hit them with dark tone and then their base colors again if needed.
6. Dry brush everything that isn't black with a 50% mix of US Forest Green and VMC 70.819 Iraqi Sand.
7. Apply tamiya weathering master light gun metal to the 50.cal and other, lesser not 50.cal gun. Apply tamiya weathering master mud to everything that could touch mud. Hit the main gun barrel with soot.
8. Tank commanders are VMC 70.894 Cam olive green, 70.955 flat flesh or 50% flat flesh and 70.871 leather brown. 50% of the troops is a patches of leather brown or 70.983 flat earth, then 25% of the remaining green is covered by VMC 70.988 Khaki, then black stripes of 70.862 Black Grey. Hit with hit uniform with dark tone wash, flesh with strong tone, hit the flesh with flat flesh or 50% flat flesh and leather brown.
9. Tracks are basecoated with citadel Rhinox Hide, dry brushed with VMC 70.990 light grey, then washed with dark tone, weathered with weathering master mud.
10. Enjoy your awesome 1985 era tanks.

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath this 1/144th F/A-18A as an additional oath for May.

Plane is a Revell kit, flightstand is battlefront.

Additional Oath Complete.

Manual Achievements

Need 4 Speed

Monthly challenge

May - A Flying Start

Chiwie fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 1, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Floppychop posted:

Oath Addition!

I Floppychop, oath to paint one Deffkopta, by GW

Approved

Only a couple of days left folks!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zark the Damned posted:

Only a couple of days left folks!

Oh, just FYI, the Oath Countdown app doesn't seem to be working. :(

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

Claiming the A Flying Start challenge with the Deffkopta.

Also claiming Monster May-hem for the Deff Dread along with Daily Double using March's "I'm gonna wreck it" for the battle damage and April's "Free(hand) as a bird" since I did all the checkerboard and hazard stripes by hand.

Some close ups of the Deff Dread to show off some of the battle damage

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Oh, just FYI, the Oath Countdown app doesn't seem to be working. :(

Thanks for reporting it, I've passed it along.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for being a giant airship.

Not sure what it is about these models, but they just aren't much fun to paint.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Additional oath, this Reaper Miniatures Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETED

Claiming A Flying Start for this one, the first transport is away...to Iskandar.

And here's my regular warmaduders.

head58 posted:

OATH ADDITION!
I'm adding on this GR-75 Medium Transport from Fantasy Flight's X-Wing Miniatures game.

head58 posted:

I thought I'd posted this earlier but I guess not.

I, head58, oath these two dudes from Privateer Press: Zaadesh2 and Venator Dakar (28mm) for May 2017

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Signal posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for being a giant airship.

Not sure what it is about these models, but they just aren't much fun to paint.

A lot of people seem to get intimidated (me included) with the level of detail, but light detail drybrushing seems to be a workable effect.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
One more oath, a Titanite Demon!
Steamforged Games

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath Complete!

Claiming Take one for the team as they are all players/staff for my Necromantic blood bowl team!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Accidentally posted this in the other thread!

And one more oath, which I might live to regret

5 Masamune drones from Human Interface

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

Additional oath, this Reaper Miniatures Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue

Red Shoe posted:

One more oath, a Titanite Demon!
Steamforged Games

glitchkrieg posted:

Accidentally posted this in the other thread!

And one more oath, which I might live to regret

5 Masamune drones from Human Interface

Approved!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I'll be taking mine down to the wire. I've painted 39 out of 40 models, I only have the Chaos Helbrute left and I'll be speed painting it tomorrow night. Wish me luck guys.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Oath Complete!

I'll get good pics later, only spent a few days on them and the rest of the month moving.

DiHK posted:

I, DiHK, pledge an oath to paint General Patton, a medic, Lt. Rifle, Sgt SMG, NCO Rifle, NCO Carbine and Sniper Team for the month of May.

Hello, this is my first oath. I thought this was a great idea when I saw it in 2015 but I was off the hobby horse at the time. Anyway, I'm moving this month so I'm keeping it light. These are the leadership of an army I want to field ASAP and they're all primed and ready to go. I also have a literal crapton of models beyond these so yeah, here's to getting through some back log.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
How strict are we on the "bases don't count" rule? Does that include the tactical garbage upon which the mini is standing/landing? I lost all of the holiday weekend to family stuff, so it's increasingly looking like after going 12 for 12 last season I'm gonna miss one straight out of the gate this season. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath complete!

Gargoyle, a flying creature for the month's challenge

Titanite Demon

Bikers

Dismounted Biker

The Gargoyle and Titanite Demon are big beasties for Monster May-hem
The Titanite Demon is a Faithful Replica