Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

This is definitely seeming like "A Way*" to retcon Anansi wholesale---I have no idea where they are going with some of these threads now, even compared to some of the ones from last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

They are really hitting it out of the park with guest stars.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...-marilyn-manson

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I thought the ep was fine but seeing that news today gave me a good laugh.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Greetings from Asbury Park

I find the show interesting enough to keep watching, but the pace has glacial this season.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Oasx posted:

I find the show interesting enough to keep watching, but the pace has glacial this season.

Considering how slow previous seasons have been, that is a helluva statement

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Oasx posted:

Is that because the lake is frozen?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

TOO EASY

Soooo the accusations against Marilyn Manson make this season quite a bit more yikes.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Xfinity got rid of the package that had Stars on it, and I'm not paying extra for one show.
Can anyone give me a brief synopsis of what's happening this season?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

Soooo the accusations against Marilyn Manson make this season quite a bit more yikes.

Not to diminish his actions, but heís been in the show a few minutes this season, and from what I understand only had a single appearance more to go.

I get the impression that this was a storyline they were going to get back to in 4-5 seasons, or however long they are imagining this show being on air.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

TOO EASY

Every scene between Blythe Danner and Ian McShane is great. I love watching veteran actors get to play off each other like that. I just wish there was more of it.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

I like all the actors and I like the set-pieces, but man this plot is such a drag. I wish they would move it along a bit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Did the plot even go anywhere in this episode?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

TOO EASY

Bilquis got broken out, Technical Boy apparently went into hiding, and Laura reunited with Shadow.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

So Technical Boy is not the spirit of innovation, but instead the spirit of flash-in-the-pan lovely pseudo-tech?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Vorgen posted:

So Technical Boy is not the spirit of innovation, but instead the spirit of flash-in-the-pan lovely pseudo-tech?

I think it still fits.

E: Book spoilers it also shows he has a history of being a mark

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

I couldnít figure out what exactly happened with Bilquis. It was revealed that she was not actually a goddess of love but something else?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

GREETINGS TECHNICAL BOY

HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF

CHESS?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

What the gently caress is with this show and giving Wednesday long cons that don't loving work at all?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Oasx posted:

I couldn’t figure out what exactly happened with Bilquis. It was revealed that she was not actually a goddess of love but something else?

I think the intent was that back in the day she was an ancient goddess of something else, who then got morphed into a sex goddess by the perceptions of others warping her nature.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

This season has been pretty good. The show's never going to look as good as season 1, and it's never going to have anything as good as the police interview scene either, but I'm enjoying it a lot.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Danny Trejo shouldíve been on this show since Day One.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

I'm still liking the show enough to watch, but we are over half way through the season and i'm struggling to think of anything significant that happened.

The Demeter plotline just got dropped. Something is going on with Technical Boy but we don't know what, and there is possibly a murderer on the loose in a small town.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

its going to be the bossy chick that is sacrificing kids. because of course it will.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Gonz posted:

Danny Trejo should’ve been on this show since Day One.

Book spoilers:
To me, Trejo was clearly on the phone with Wednesday, but I'm wondering how given that we've seen Wednesday needs to use phones so I wonder how that happened with him being in the hospital. Maybe he was talking to Cordelia who is more in the know than Shadow?

I'm not so sure on that since the more people in on the grift, the more who can give the game away.

I've been watching the show with my Dad who hadn't read the book, and last week he finally downloaded the Anniversary edition and is halfway through it now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Malpais Legate posted:

What the gently caress is with this show and giving Wednesday long cons that don't loving work at all?

I think this is my biggest problem with the show. They spend so much time on Wednesday doing things that then vanish into thin air and all it does is serve as something for someone to reference later to say it didn't work. All of Wednesday's plans are self defeating, why is anyone worried about him?

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

Come into the lob-ratory! The dog lobster laboratory!

I don't know why they insist on using the "plants growing/ungrowing very quickly" and "petals and such" VFX for the goddesses. It doesn't look good.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I havenít read the book but I had the sensation they were trying to redo the Easter arc but now that she bounced Iím not really sure what the point was except to have something for Wednesday to do while the book plot of buttfuck wi is going on.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

You're not getting another fucking dime from us, Lowtax

I really hope they resolve Lakeside this season as opposed to the mini Shire Scouring we get in the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

I could hear the roots of loneliness creeping through me when the world was hushed at four o'clock in the morning

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1365818769973669891?s=19

What the gently caress?