Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think he was perfect for that part. I've also liked show-dead-wife more than I remember liking her in the book. Though, when I read the book, I was a teenager in my first relationship and thought of cheating as some lovecraftian horror that only unredeemable non-humans could ever think of committing, so she never had a fair chance. As an adult, who has since experienced being cheated on and dealt with it, I can muster more sympathy for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I love the Lakeside plot but it really feels like an in-universe short story that Gaiman stuck in to pad out the main plot. When Wednesday chastised Shadow for not going in the beginning I legit thought they decided to excise it.

Is that the part where they just hang out in some old timey town and do some light grifting?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
For how little screentime he got, I can't imagine Anansi any other way now. Took like 3 harry potter movies before they overwrote my internal imagined faces, but one scene with Anansi.