Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WreUmBorEmA

Must be nice to be Brian Reitzell and be able to call up Siouxsie Sioux or Debbie Harry or Shirley Manson and be like "hey can you make a song for my TV show"

When I watched that scene I was totally expecting it to be some kind of deep cut by Giorgio Moroder. Nope, just the composer paying tribute to the god of Italo disco :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

vermin posted:

The depiction of Ghandi on Clone High helped kill Clone High. I don't know if that transfers to Indian religious depictions but that's probably some thin ice to walk on.

Say what?!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bilquis should gently caress off and die, she sucks.

I'm no book reader, but I think she will be doing 2 out of 3 on that front :smug:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Beefeater1980 posted:

I just want to take a moment to point out again how incredibly good and full of detail the credits sequence is. The camera in the eye of the cherub;[...]

I don't think they are cherubs:

quote:

In Greek mythology the Graeae (/ˈɡraɪi/; English translation: "old women", "grey ones", or "grey witches"; alternatively spelled Graiai (Γραῖαι) and Graiae), also called the Grey Sisters, and the Phorcides ("daughters of Phorcys"),[1] were three sisters who shared one eye and one tooth among them. Their names were Deino (or Dino), Enyo, and Pemphredo (or Pephredo).

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I've resigned to never watching the wire, its just not gonna happen in this life.

this is me after reading ur post

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 27, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I think everyone is frustrated with McNulty in season 5 of The Wire. The dude spent three seasons being a gaping rear end in a top hat, found his comfort zone in season 4 and then abandoned that to get back to his old habits. Bubbles ain't the only addict in that series.

Speaking of addicts, how would the god of drugs look like? We see a Buddha and Ganesha surrounded by them in the intro, but I can't help imagine some kind of hippie/grunge hybrid.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I loved Media Bowie chiding Technical Boy for "beating up the wrong guy" (Among all of the other lyrical call outs). This is the freakiest show.

And yet some say it's a saddening bore :shrug:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

In grade school we went to see a puppet show about Anansi in the local theater. It was by white people for white people (I guess), so I have no idea how that came to happen but little me digged it.

It was somewhat less violent than the show though. I believe it mainly involved Anansi tricking other, dumb animals. It was like an African version of Reynard the Fox.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Put on the American Gods title theme while reading that for that extra sense of dread.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Who will be playing Media now?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I like the music as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ieGSsWd8U

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I loved the origin stories during season one, but it’s too late to make an entire show about those.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Looking at the current intro it really is a case of them needing more executive producers for season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

You’re a loving rear end in a top hat, Dead Show.