Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
New Media is vapid, stupid, overly sexual, and obsessed with power, just like new media is.

I can see how such subtlety may not register to TV IV Goons, the group of people who couldnt figure out that Mr. Wednesday was an aspect of Woden on a TV show called American GODS, a show about GODS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Chernabog posted:

When the book was written social media was not a thing yet, so while I'll miss Anderson I am actually glad they took the opportunity to bring the character and plot to the present. The tentacle scene was in line with other stuff that the show has done and it was obviously meant to be creepy like "new" media and surveillance are in the real world.

Or a more graphic visual on New Media being in bed with Surveillance.

Like seriously, do y'all who bitch about shows like this even take a second to think about your criticism before you smash your face on the keyboard?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Cojawfee posted:

Hey buddy, stop spoiling that this guy named Wednesday, who has Ravens, and only one eye is Odin.

Neil Gaiman is as subtle as getting sounded with a drill bit.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
The idea behind Argus was that he was charged by Hera to watch over Io, who was one of Zeus' fucktoys. The thought was that because he had so many eyes at least some would be awake at a given time.

He actually does make a great god of surveillance.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

This season would be redeemed if we got a "somewhere in America" with technical boy stuck in the last Radio Shack in America.

LOL it would have to be in a real dump of a place too, like a strip mall in some dying Oklahoman town.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

counterfeitsaint posted:

Voodoo man: "Someone brought me a rotting corpse. Oh look, she's hacking up maggots now. Mmm, I'm gonna get me a piece of that."

Don't kink shame.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

McSpanky posted:

He's a death loa, that poo poo really rigor'd his mortis

Yep, he's this dude.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
I just don't get the complaining about this show in this thread. How many of you, before this episode, knew any version of the Buile Shuibhne? There is so much mythology and social commentary on this show but apparently there's not enough explosions or some poo poo?

I just don't understand y'all sometimes.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

precision posted:

Yeah. And people keep saying they love Mad Sweeney, but then hate an episode where we get to see his awesome and tragic backstory?

:confused:

"No you see I like it when the big leprechaun says swear words and drinks and fights like Irish people do"

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
1) that spear isn't gone. It's in the Sun's Treasure, the Horde, the Pot O'Gold At The End of the Rain's Bow. All you gotta do is kick the poo poo outta Sweeney and he'll cough it up.

2) So far the only way that gods can die, that we know of, is by suicide or by starvation. Seeing how I double he's starving (St. Patrick's Day in Chicago or Boston?) and Shadow clearly killed him, I'm guessing the Mad King will be back.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

rapeface posted:

guys, do you even know this bad thing was based on a good thing?

Don't you have a Fast and Furious movie or Star Trek: Discovery episode to get action horny about?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
So has no one else noticed the "Somewhere In America" liners hidden in scenes, like when Thor commits suicide or right before the black kid in Cairo, IL gets busted for drugs?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

bring back old gbs posted:

I noticed it on the ground of a parking lot in one episode. idk the significance

I'm gonna bet they're in all episodes this season.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Fried Watermelon posted:

Have they said whether they were going to work Anasi Boys into the show?

I believe they are.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Mr. World is globalism.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

wormil posted:

Orlando Jones was good but his slave story wasn't integrated into the storyline so it was like episodes of a different show inserted into this show and made the series preachy, not better. Seems like they could have written him into the story better but the show kinda sucks anyway so I don't care.

...what the gently caress are you even talking about?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Open Source Idiom posted:

Just read that the show's also fired the Djinn and the Taxi Driver, so the poo poo storm only continues to swirl.

Wow. So the people who have been fired are all brown and/or queer.

gently caress this show, it's now under boycott in my home.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think they were referring to Fuller. His firing had nothing to do with him being queer, though.

No, I swore that the Cab Driver was played by a gay man, but I appear to be wrong.

The brown part still holds up though.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Mat Cauthon posted:

https://twitter.com/The_GWW/status/1207053372202913797

Whoever asked for an hour of McShane reading dialogue, looks like you're gonna get your wish.

I know they're bringing in other (cheaper) actors to play various incarnations of Mr. World but it really feels like the principal cast is just abandoning ship at this point.

Lol yup this thing is dead.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
The easy thread title is

American Gods: You're a loving rear end in a top hat, Dead Show!

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Mat Cauthon posted:

The showrunner this happened under is already gone right? Still this is bad enough that the new guy is probably toast too.

Really don't see how they salvage this show barring some sort of miracle.

No kidding, this show needs some...

...divine intervention!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

It happened under the old showrunner yeah, but the new one is the guy who told Orlando (or just the world in general and Orlando had to read it like everybody else) that "being angry" isn't productive for black characters and that as a middle-aged white man he was the one who could best write from a black male perspective.

The writers for This Reality are just really phoning it in nowadays.